shape
carat
color
clarity

channel set wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beetlemilk

Rough_Rock
Hi, this is my first post. I have a diamond engagement ring that is emerald shape, its .89ct but closer to a 1ct size (6.77x5.02). It''s an E/VVS2, 2.5mm platinum solitaire setting, very good cut. L/W ratio is 1.34:1. I have large hands, size 8.5. I am looking online at facets to purchase a similar color/clarity channel set band. Either baguette or asscher shape diamonds. One band I am looking at is 3.3mm wide, 2mm in height has 12 asscher stones and is .61 cts, its 4.1gr. This is 5 points each, and I think that is 2mm a stone? Would this look balanced, and be enough to go from one side of the finger to the other? This ring is 300 dollars more than a .39ct 9 stone baguettes platinum set and this is 2.6mm wide 1.6 in height and 3.6gr. This would be 4.3 points a stone? How big is each stone? The baguettes don''t seem to be as good of a value?

I saw 1 post that said if the center stone is 1ct go with 5-6 point stones in the band. What does everyone feel would look better for me given the larger hands, the thin E-ring of 2.5mm and the .89ct emerald diamond that is close to the 1ct size of 7mmx5mm? And which is the better value, to me it seems the asschers?
25.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, your ring sounds pretty. I would go to the mall and try on assorted styles and sizes of rings then decide what you like with your EC ring.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I have flintstone fingers (sz 7.5) and my e-ring stone is 1.77ct...my eternity ring stones are 10 points each. It took 23 stones to go around this fatty fingers. I found the best way to see what looked good on me was to go to a nice jewelry store and try bands on. I really got a great deal of insight trying their rings on my pinky (they didn''t fit my ring finger
8.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results