shape
carat
color
clarity

Chanel Large and Jumbo Flap Bag in Black Caviar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
I am wondering if any of you guys own either a Chanel Med/Large Flap bag or the Jumbo size. I need to know how you guys like it and how much room do you really have in these gorgeous bags. I carry a lot of things, but just worried about how much I can actually put in these bag. Thanks

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I bought the M/L black caviar and exchanged it for the jumbo once I realized the M/L couldn't hold too many things. If you're looking for a day-to-night bag and don't tend to carry a lot of items (wallet, keys, phone), the M/L is great. If you are interested in more of a casual look and need to carry more items, I'd say go for the Jumbo.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you end up deciding.

ETA: Do you intend this purse to be a day purse you can use casually or one to use when you're going out to lunch with friends or date/movie nights?

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
Well, I want to be able to carry it everywhere with me. Do you have pics of the Jumbo? I am confuse on the look of it. I looked up celebrity photo with this bag, but I can''t tell which is which. Do they look exactly alike? Thanks for your help!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
The m/l is the traditional size but I think you''d get more use of the Jumbo.

I have both sizes (the m/l in a different colour). I''ll take photos so you can see the difference. I just have to run out for a bit, but I''ll post them when I come back.

Both purses look the same from the outside (except for size), however, inside the bag, the m/l has an extra flap which you may or may not find cumbersome.

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, my one year wedding anniversary is coming up and the hubby would like to get either the large or the jumbo, but I can''t decide. can''t wait to see photos :)

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Aesthetically, I love the Chanel m/l flap proportions. It is perfect! That being said, it is very difficult to fit much stuff in it because of the inner flap. I don''t own a m/l because it is a bit too small for me. I have a red caviar jumbo but I think it looks a little too big on me (I am 5''3'''' and small framed). I tend to favor my other bags over my jumbo because of the size, but I can''t part with it because it is the perfect shade of lipstick red! If you want even bigger, Chanel now makes a maxi-sized flap which is even bigger than the jumbo. It is way too big for my taste but my Chanel SA told me that a lot of ladies love the size for every day.

Have you considered the 2.55 reissue flap? It is my absolute favorite style! They have the all-metal chains and the mademoiselle locks and are made out of calfskin. The 226 size, which is sized in between the M/L and the Jumbo flaps, is perfect for day and night. I have two 226s (black and gray) and I LOVE them. The 227 is the next size up and it is as big as a jumbo.

My every day Chanel (and FI''s favorite bag) is my black caviar Petite Timeless Tote. It has a zip-top and is much easier to get in and out of than any flap. I use it for nights out too when I am too lazy to change purses.

I guess a lot of your decision will probably depend on your frame and what you want to use the bag for. You really can''t go wrong with any Chanel!
3.gif

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
Do you have photos of your chanel? I want to see an actual one. Thanks

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Apologies in advance if I overflow your thread. I tried to combine photos in a collage but I couldn''t get the size down.

IMG_1675.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Back view.

IMG_1679.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Side view. You can see the inner flap on the m/l here.

IMG_168jhjhjh4.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
View of the inner flap on the m/l.

IMG_1686.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
No inner flap on the Jumbo.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter what frame you are. There are women with small frames (Mary Kate Olsen, Nicole Richie) who look amazing with the Jumbo/Maxi. However, YOU have to feel comfortable with the size and decide for yourself whether it overwhelms you or not. Are you near a Chanel boutique or department store that carries Chanel? It might be best to try them on for size first. Re: the reissues. I LOVE them and think the 226 is the perfect size! The matte black with gold hardware is a little scarce to find now, though.

asdfasdfasfasdfasdfa.jpg

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I am still at work, so I can''t take any new shots, but here are two pictures of me with my jumbo. As much as I love this bag (for its color), I do not think I will purchase a jumbo again in the future. I just don''t like how the size looks on me.

It is, of course, all a matter of personal preference.

I am 5''3'''' and 100 lbs for reference.

labsredchanel.jpg

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Another...I would never wear it on the crook of my arm like this IRL!

redchanel3.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
LabRat, the Jumbo looks great on you but I LOVE how it looks with your outfit in the second photo. It just reinforces, to me, that the jumbo is more of a casual bag.

Is that the 10C red?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: Love your Bal jacket! I've been wanting one for a while and am kicking myself that I passed up on last year's Navy.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, CDN! Yes, it is the 10C red! It''s my first pop-of-color bag - I own 3 black and one gray Chanel so it was about time. I love your light beige! I had that color in the jumbo as well, but ended up returning it because of the size. It looks better in the M/L, IMHO. I am holding out for a purple flap, so I will keep scrounging together my pennies until that happens!

Gorri8 - CDN is right - you should try on the different styles/sizes at a store if you can before you commit. It''s so difficult to tell which will suit you the best just from pictures! If you meet a nice SA, they will probably even let you put the contents of your current purse in the flap to see how it all fits.

ETA: I just noticed the dog butt and Kong toy in the first picture! whoops!

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
CDNinNYC and LabRatPhD you guys are truly wonderful!!! Thank you so much! for taking the time to do this for me.

Guess what... the hubby decided on both, OMG I am going to die! I''m super excited! We actually called the Chanel in Orlando and they had a JUMBO one. I was meant to have it!!! The hubby also called the Chanel in Vegas at the Wynn and got me the med/large one too... but both are in black. Now that I''ve seen the tan one and the red one... I think I want those colors. Should I just keep both in black?

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 9:34:05 PM
Author: gorri8
CDNinNYC and LabRatPhD you guys are truly wonderful!!! Thank you so much! for taking the time to do this for me.

Guess what... the hubby decided on both, OMG I am going to die! I''m super excited! We actually called the Chanel in Orlando and they had a JUMBO one. I was meant to have it!!! The hubby also called the Chanel in Vegas at the Wynn and got me the med/large one too... but both are in black. Now that I''ve seen the tan one and the red one... I think I want those colors. Should I just keep both in black?

Lucky girl for getting both! Congratulations! It''s an addiction, I tell you!

It depends on what you want and already own as far as handbags go. If you don''t have black bags, then two black flaps in different sizes will be great. If you have a lot of black already, getting one colored flap could be fun. The red came out in Oct/Nov and was really sought after, so it may already be sold out. It only came in the jumbo. Beige is classic and usually not too hard to find. It comes in both sizes.

Are you getting silver or gold hardware? You could get a black jumbo with silver hardware (casual) and the M/L with gold (looks more dressy).

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
I am getting the silver hardware but I like gold too... heck I love anything Chanel! This will be my very first two chanel bags I''ve ever own. I have Gucci, and Burberry... but never a Chanel. SO I''m super excited!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, two at the same time, lucky you! You have a great DH!

I agree with LabRat, if you don't have any black bags, I would get two, the jumbo with silver hardware and and the m/l with gold. If you manage to find a reissue, you might want to consider that as one of the blacks for a bit of variety. If you do have other black bags, pick another colour for one of them. The red jumbo was incredibly popular and is next to impossible to find now. The beige clair was seasonal but now part of the permanent collection and easier to find, as LabRat said. I love it with the gold hardware.

Let us know what you end up with!

LabRat, I too would love a purple like the 06 one.
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 9:34:05 PM

whoohoo, score ! great choice. I have the med flap - can''t get much in it. Have a drawstring that everything gets lost in !
almost bought a jumbo, but decided on the "Rabat". I think that is the name. Yeah, keep both in black.
(can''t get the pic of the Rabat to load - hmm? )

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
Found this link

http://www.pursepage.com/handbags/chanel-handbags/page/9/

So awesome!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 12:16:53 AM
Found this link

http://www.pursepage.com/handbags/chanel-handbags/page/9/

So awesome!

I like the Portobello''s design, but the leather looks a little cheap IRL. It was disappointing! I think it is best to stay with the classics. They will still look fabulous in 50 years!

CDN, I just now saw your comment about the Bal jacket. Thank you! I went on a major jacket binge last year - 2 Chanels and the Bal. Unfortunately the Bal doesn''t get much wear because it has been either warm or wet in Texas this year. FI doesn''t like the Bal jacket - he always says ,"you''re trying to look like one of the Ramones" when I wear it!
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love the med black classic Chanel.
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
bought this one instead of the jumbo - kinda missing that "classic" look.

Chanel Rabat.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just had to say

labrat LOVE your red chanel, i have the exact same one!! i used it once and my 2 month old spit up on it. it is now stained and waiting to get a spa treatment at chanel. bad idea to use it with such a young child. do you have the caviar or lambskin?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 5:49:17 PM
Author: bebe
bought this one instead of the jumbo - kinda missing that ''classic'' look.

bebe, love your chanel!
30.gif

It looks like the bigger sister to my half-moon WOC.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results