shape
carat
color
clarity

Cha Ching or Run for the border... You decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulubboy

Rough_Rock
Ok I have been looking at a couple diamonds w/ these specs. Are these a good cut, a decent cut, or what were they thinking cut. You decide. But just post some insightful answers. Thanks.

1. table % 80
2. crown angles 15
3. pavilion angles 55
4. girdle thickness med. 6.36-6.37
8. depth measurement 72%
1.57 Carat
F
si1

OR

2 carat
h
vs2
gia

1. table % 62
4. girdle thickness med.
8. depth measurement 73.1

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would pass on both. and 80% table...that is just crazy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still learning the numbers and proportions of diamonds and am getting there now thanks to PS and it''s great members, but I would run for the hills with those two
14.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Are these round brilliants? If so....
23.gif

lulubboy

Rough_Rock
THESE are for a princess CUT nOT round.

In fact I justed called up Blue Nile and they gave me the proporations they came up with for ideal, very good, and good cut for Princess cuts.

They told me that the 2 carat is very near IDEAL

and that the other one was in the verygood. good cut category.

That is what they told ME.

Remember it is for a PRINCESS cut which is very different from a ROUND CUT. Please I want PROFESsional answers.

cause these ranges do fall under AGS ratings for princess cut as posted on this board.

lulubboy

Rough_Rock
Also went to Blue nile to see what type of diamonds they had similar to these diamonds I am looking at..

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond_signature.asp?track=56

some of the 2 carats or around 2 carats have similar tables and depths. please look.

AND THESE are considered ideal.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Luluboy, I''m sure one of our experts on princesses will chime in here. But one thing you need to remember is that the term "ideal" is extremely subjective, and what one vendor my call ''ideal'' another vendor may not. So just because a stone is labeled as such doesn''t mean that it truly is.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you ought to look into a AGS 0 Princess cut. However you have not provided enough info to make any real concrate judgements.
For instance with out the outer measurements ie 8.5x.85x4.6 or whatever we cannot even look and see if they are truely square.
80% table still seems like alot to be since princness cuts carry a wee bit of weight on their undersides.

lulubboy

Rough_Rock
Yeah I am not so sure about the 80% table but the measurements are 6.36-6.37 but this is pretty close to 1.0 which is good.

Not sure bout the other one just yet.

I asked to many stores about the other numbers such as pavilion and such and they all told me they were not as important. A GIA certified gemologist told me the same thing.

So I guess I will just be looking at the table and depth and square measurements.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2005 12:57:32 PM
Author: lulubboy
Yeah I am not so sure about the 80% table but the measurements are 6.36-6.37 but this is pretty close to 1.0 which is good.

Not sure bout the other one just yet.

I asked to many stores about the other numbers such as pavilion and such and they all told me they were not as important. A GIA certified gemologist told me the same thing.

So I guess I will just be looking at the table and depth and square measurements.

GIA Certified Gemologist.....

Only an AGS member should be using that credential. GIA doesn''t issue certifications for diamonds as well as people who have completed their courses.

The proper representation is GiA Graduate Gemologist.

It is my opinion that EVERY facet of the diamond has importance. Also how the pavilion facets are aligned to produce the light return is also a characteristic that you might want to know.

Just a mere facet angle or percentage without understanding how the light really reflects with respects to those "numbers" is also important for those who want to know (not everyone does).

I would suggest that if you want to know more read the articles about the AGS grading infomation on the site written by Paul Slegars and most recently by Bruce Harding . You can find them under " Reviews" at the top of the page.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results