shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony Music Help!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

We need help coming up with a musical prelude to the ceremony, music to play during the license signing, and music during the receiving line. We seriously have no ideas and the wedding is on the 20th! Any suggestions for recorded music (we're using an ipod) would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of stuff are you interested in? Classical? Instrumental version of pop songs? Something else entirely?

I am bad at music, but if you give a starting point I'll try to help!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Instrumental versions of songs perhaps...we're really not sure at all.

We're not really in to classical and the wedding isn't exactly formal

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Our wedding was not too formal either and we also used an I-Pod, so I'll share what we used and maybe that will give you a starting point.

Prelude music: "Romantic Piano" Chopin, "7th Symphony" Mozart, and "Pachelbel's Canon in D Major" Bach

Then each person in our bridal party walked down the aisle to a different song of their choosing. For example: Bob Marley, My Sharonna, Big Papa, The boys are back in town, Justin Timberlake's Sexy back, and "Lollipop" by the Chordettes.

During our ceremony we had a rock blessing and we had "Feel this" by Bethany Joy Galeotti playing, we then had a joing of two families with a flower ceremony during which we played "Linger" by the Cranberries.

For the exit music we played "I can see clearly now" by Jimmy Cliff.

My only peice of advice would be to think about your favorite songs and what they mean to you. If you would like to hear them on your wedding day then use it, and have fun with it. Make your ceremony your own and don't worry about what you should do or what you think you have to do.

Good Luck! :wavey:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Check out the Vitamin String Quartet. They do instrumentals of popular music and sound awesome.

I don't know our prelude and processional music, but I'm pretty sure we're recessing to an instrumental of Don't Stop Believing. FI is actually excited since it is the White Sox theme song!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto sillyberry's Vitamin String Quartet suggestion. We used several of their songs for various parts of our ceremony... Say Yes (tribute to Elliot Smith), Wonderful Tonight (tribute to Clapton), Everything (tribute to Michael Buble). They have a huge collection, so there are lots of songs to choose from.

Before we settled on the VSQ songs, our DJ suggested googling Mia Theodoratus - you should be able to find a link to her website that has samples of her stuff. She's a harpist who does some beautiful versions of songs that are appropriate for weddings. I particularly love her version of an Irish love song. I think you can also find her stuff on iTunes.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Loving the Vitamin String Quartet! We're going to use Hey There Delilah and still waiting on FI's list of favorites.

Thanks for stearing us in the right direction!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We're going to do a traditional processional to "Trumpet Voluntary" (bridal party) and "Cannon in D" (me) to take advantage of the church's organ. The organist will also be playing traditional classical prelude music. However, during our license signing, I'm planning on using a recording of the Michigan Marching Band (of which I was a part) playing "Salvation is Created", which is a beautiful hymnal. Another beautiful hymn is the Navy Hymn (Eternal Father Strong to Save). We're most likely recessing to an instrumental version of "Here Comes the Sun" and then the Ukulele version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Hope that helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results