shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My sister is officiating our ceremony, so we''re collaborating on a good script to use. We''re all set except for the "Who gives this woman away..." part. She thinks it''ll be weird if she''s asking that, then it''s like, "Oh yeah, hi dad."
9.gif

What could we say instead?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you could say "Do you give your blessing towards this marriage?" And then have the dad say "I do"

??I don''t think it sounds weird either way though :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''d be great if she said, "Oh, hey dad!" Tee hee hee...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL! What about, "Hey dad, is this coo?"

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Nobody has to write their ceremony?
33.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
What about omitting the whole giving away thing and saying something to the parents like "Mom, Dad, FI''s Mom, FI''s Dad--you have raised Sunny and Mr. Sunny to be the wonderful people they are today. Will you bless and support them in this union?"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 1:23:23 PM
Author: sunnyd
LOL! What about, ''Hey dad, is this coo?''
You made me laugh out loud. And I''m in class. DANG IT SUNNYD. THE ODYSSEY ISN''T FUNNY. DON''T MAKE ME LAUGH IN MY CLASSICS CLASS.

2.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
See, I just don''t see what would be wrong with that?
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 3:28:50 PM
Author: FrekeChild

You made me laugh out loud. And I''m in class. DANG IT SUNNYD. THE ODYSSEY ISN''T FUNNY. DON''T MAKE ME LAUGH IN MY CLASSICS CLASS.

2.gif
Whooooopsiiiie!
37.gif
9.gif

How about this brilliant idea, courtesy of my crazy sister? LMAO!! I told her no, but it''d be funny as hell!!

"Also, can I hold the written version of my speech inside a completely ridiculous book, like Magic Eye or an issue of Us Weekly? It could be one of those sneaky things in the back of a picture that’s like hey, what the hell, she is reading from a copy of Tiger Beat!"

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 3:10:26 PM
Author: ladypirate
What about omitting the whole giving away thing and saying something to the parents like ''Mom, Dad, FI''s Mom, FI''s Dad--you have raised Sunny and Mr. Sunny to be the wonderful people they are today. Will you bless and support them in this union?''
This I like!! Thanks LP!
36.gif
Emphasis on wonderful. LOL!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:13:53 PM
2.gif
Whooooopsiiiie!
37.gif
9.gif

How about this brilliant idea, courtesy of my crazy sister? LMAO!! I told her no, but it''d be funny as hell!!

''Also, can I hold the written version of my speech inside a completely ridiculous book, like Magic Eye or an issue of Us Weekly? It could be one of those sneaky things in the back of a picture that’s like hey, what the hell, she is reading from a copy of Tiger Beat!''

One word. PENTHOUSE.

But US Weekly will work too.

I like your sister.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

Whooooopsiiiie!
37.gif
9.gif

''Also, can I hold the written version of my speech inside a completely ridiculous book, like Magic Eye or an issue of Us Weekly? It could be one of those sneaky things in the back of a picture that’s like hey, what the hell, she is reading from a copy of Tiger Beat!''

LMAO!! I think it was the "Tiger Beat" part that put me over the edge.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock

see...this seems like a must to me! LMAO
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:35:05 PM

2.gif
Whooooopsiiiie!
37.gif
9.gif

One word. PENTHOUSE.

But US Weekly will work too.

I like your sister.
Oh jeez....hahaha. That might work for your wedding, with the adult film festival being there.
31.gif

I imagine you would. She''s a little much as a sister, but she''s quite hilarious.
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an issue with this line as well! Except, for me, it had more to do with feminist issues :razz: I think we modified it to ''who gives the bride away'', which still didn''t make it sound any better!

But, how wonderful is it that your sister''s officiating the ceremony! I love how intimate it''s going to be!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:46:33 PM
Oh jeez....hahaha. That might work for your wedding, with the adult film festival being there.
31.gif

I imagine you would. She''s a little much as a sister, but she''s quite hilarious.
9.gif
I bet we''d be as thick as thieves.

Ok ok, I think it needs to be something pretty awesome. How about the Star? Or is it the Sun? Or just go basic and do People?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Or we could do a BG DVD for FI! LOL! Or The Hobbit! K, I better stop, this is sounding like a good idea...
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Tiger Beat! They still make that magazine?? I think that would be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results