shape
carat
color
clarity

center stone D color--are E sides okay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
(mine are actually set into the shank--they wont be prong set up next to the center stone)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, D center with E side stones is okay. You won''t be able to tell the difference in color.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
what about melee (sp?) for pave?

snapdragon

Rough_Rock
You''ll be perfectly fine with E colored sides stones. My EC is an F, my sides are G and there''s no apparent color mismatch. Also the difference between D and E colors is supposed to be even smaller at that end of the scale, so I wouldn''t worry at all!

As far as melee goes, I think you''ll probably want to stay within a color or two of your sides so it doesn''t look dull next to the other stones. My melee is G color to match the sides.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 12:47:20 AM
Author: snapdragon
You''ll be perfectly fine with E colored sides stones. My EC is an F, my sides are G and there''s no apparent color mismatch. Also the difference between D and E colors is supposed to be even smaller at that end of the scale, so I wouldn''t worry at all!

As far as melee goes, I think you''ll probably want to stay within a color or two of your sides so it doesn''t look dull next to the other stones. My melee is G color to match the sides.

My center stone is an ''H'' RB...the pave in my ring is D-E-F, it''s beautiful!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m being quite scandalous...An E center with F and G sides. You will have NO problem.

scandal.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
ahhhhhhhhhhh i forgot about you moremoremore--Thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
:)
p.s. The G is on the right!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
As a practical matter, stones used for pave- or even stones in the .03-.25 range are rarely sent to the GIA.
It''s virtually impossible to grade the difference between D and E on a .005 diamond.
Therefore, when sorting melee (usually the term refers to small diamonds below .08cts), it''s usually done in groupings.
D-E-F is known as "collection color" by many dealers. "commercial white" would be G-H-I. "Top Silver" is J-K-L.

Generally speaking, you can use stones of any grouping together with no conflict. Of course sometimes two diamonds with identical GIA grades won''t match. Whatareyougonnado?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
DBL thank you--I knew that melee was grouped like that but my main concern was the larger trapezezoids serving as side stones. Do you usually stay within one grade for side stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results