shape
carat
color
clarity

center stone color vs. diamonds in band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bew3994

Rough_Rock

Fixing to possibly purchase an SI1 D pear center stone. The band is a mirco-pave criss cross band with anywhere from H - I.

Will the bad color in the band really make a difference since the stones are so small?? Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• criss cross band2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 172

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock

I don''t think so. The stones in the ring are round brilliants which hide color better than any other cut. Also, they sparkle more than any other cut. They are also tiny little melee, and small stones with color look whiter than a larger stone with the same color grade. Also, it''s rare to find a ring that has stones with better than FG HI color, those look nice an bright next to the white metal. I think they will set of a pear nicely.

bew3994

Rough_Rock
Thanks lumpkin. I have a few pears that I really think would be nice with a D color for them. Just wasn''t sure if it would make a big difference. Oh, the wedding band will also be micro-pave like the engagement band.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
This is just my opinion, but I would probably try to get the band with F-G melee instead. That way if there is a color difference, it won''t be as noticeable.

bew3994

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. Not sure what to do now. Getting mixed reviews even after looking up on the forums. Has anyone seen this ring somewhere else? I found it at Jared''s and was thinking of purchasing it in 18k white gold and then purchasing the center stone online. Anyways, I just don''t know if it will be that noticeable.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is in a pave setting. The center stone is G SI1 (I think) but the side stones are I or J....I really can''t see the difference...it still sparkles like crazy.
31.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Those stones are so small I do not think it will make a difference.
If you center stone were the lower color I might say try to make it closer but in this case I think you will be fine.
Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results