shape
carat
color
clarity

Cehra... it''s July...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Any updates on your ring?

I know you don''t want to discuss the specifics here in deference to Ocean, but how''s it going? I miss seeing your stone!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Me too. I''m very interested to see what you do with it!
37.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 3:48:05 PM
Author:mercoledi
Any updates on your ring?

I know you don''t want to discuss the specifics here in deference to Ocean, but how''s it going? I miss seeing your stone!
LOL! Its going very well! We''re both very excited! But don''t start counting down yet....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 4:21:50 PM
Author: luckystar112
37.gif
its not far off from the wax I posted from my previous jeweler.... other than that there is no gallery. It is a square ring with two gothic arches (upside down) on the long ends and two curved arches along the long sides and they cross at the corners to form 8 distinct prongs that flank a high polished curved out mirrored bowl under the stone... the shank is about 7mm wide and consists of two (each side) rows of 1.5 single cut melee set at a 45* angle with a 3mm wide band of satin finished strip down the center, milgrain surrounding all the melee and three rubies set in the bottom and I have NO idea how she''s going to do that and I''ve asked her to surprise me. There have been a lot of flukey things that have come up, not to mention it was very difficult to work the head details out from a distance, I think if I''d flown there we could have done it in one day. She''s tweaked it in ways I didn''t expect and is adding a lot of finesse to it that I couldn''t dream up. There have been times where I''ve been patient, there''ve been times where she has been patient, but overall the goal has been to *enjoy* the process - whatever it was, and I think we''ve succeeded at that :)

I miss seeing it too....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Cehra! Sounds like you are having fun coming up w/exactly how you like the ring to look; Ocean sounds amazing!!!

I wonder who MRS S's ring is coming along too?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 7:02:03 AM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, Cehra! Sounds like you are having fun coming up w/exactly how you like the ring to look; Ocean sounds amazing!!!

I wonder who MRS S''s ring is coming along too?
The ring has been designed in my head since October and was almost completed... well the wax was getting there but my jeweler got sick. So its been a matter of getting that across. There was some question about it initially and we took a foray down the "original ocean creation" path and I was seriously wowed but in the end really had my heart set on the design that I''d done which was designed around my diamond in every way. I wanted no prongs on the kite/bezel facets, so 8 of them spread around (not double prongs) and I wanted a mirrored bowl under the stone - my dh came up with that before I even got my stone, to act as a reflective parabola of sorts. I wanted mostly naked views of the ends of the stones and wanted the sides to come up as high as possible (meaning the stone set very low) but leaving just the right amount of view from the side of the stone so that the curved arch is cupping it... I wanted three sections on the band to give an illusion of three bands (I''m not into mixing and matching - I didn''t know it was a ''thing'' but I''d been "stacking" my wring and annring and a few other anniversary rings like my amethyst for 13 years so when I got this one I just wanted one ring to rule them all since when I originally got here it was to get a 3rd ring, an e-ring, for the "set" I already had and I felt like I didn''t want a new set but I wanted one ring that would say, oh yeah she''s not just taken, I think she has already bought a double burial plot with the guy LOL) My ring is not just about the face up view - it is definitely a sculpture holding a sculpture. I have gone so far over my original budget it is *ridiculous* LOL My dh has been amazing - he totally doesn''t get it, and sometimes I don''t get it.... but it sure is going to be awesome! Very unique though - I''m already bracing myself for many people not to like it... but we''ll see... Ocean has really come to love it and I know the craftsmanship is going to be exquisite.

And I''ve asked MrsS several times now and I must be missing her replies because I haven''t seen anything. But she''s definitely dropping hints lately, isn''t she?
11.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Cehra: reading your post just gave me a pain in my head/twitch behind my eye. LOL. Omigosh woman, you are taking ring creation to an entirely new level! Ok...since we live in the same dang city...I say we meet up for a beverage downtown somewhere so I can see this exquisite piece of magic in person!

I''ve been DYING to ask you how its been going, but haven''t wanted to bug you or make you feel pressured. I''m glad to hear its coming along nicely, but do you have any ETA whatsoever on its completion date?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 4:26:31 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 7/6/2007 4:21:50 PM
37.gif
its not far off from the wax I posted from my previous jeweler.... other than that there is no gallery. It is a square ring with two gothic arches (upside down) on the long ends and two curved arches along the long sides and they cross at the corners to form 8 distinct prongs that flank a high polished curved out mirrored bowl under the stone... the shank is about 7mm wide and consists of two (each side) rows of 1.5 single cut melee set at a 45* angle with a 3mm wide band of satin finished strip down the center, milgrain surrounding all the melee and three rubies set in the bottom and I have NO idea how she''s going to do that and I''ve asked her to surprise me. There have been a lot of flukey things that have come up, not to mention it was very difficult to work the head details out from a distance, I think if I''d flown there we could have done it in one day. She''s tweaked it in ways I didn''t expect and is adding a lot of finesse to it that I couldn''t dream up. There have been times where I''ve been patient, there''ve been times where she has been patient, but overall the goal has been to *enjoy* the process - whatever it was, and I think we''ve succeeded at that :)

I miss seeing it too....
I can''t find the wax.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 12:24:06 AM

I can''t find the wax.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
This pic is almost exactly the shape of the ring/shank - the square with a slight point at the top but the two rows of melee are tilted to a 45* angle and there is a strip of satin metal between the two. The head is entirely different.
RC382.jpg

This is my stone on the inspiration setting - it is horribly blurry etc. but you can see the ribbon of satin between the two angled rows of melee. This ring is just over 4mm wide with 1 point melee and mine will be just over 6mm wide with 1.5 melee. The satin strip in this ring is 2mm and mine will be 3mm. I wanted bigger melee and milgrain but I also wanted to keep the center strip wider than the edges.
cbOMC108.jpg

Here''s another pic - the head is totally different, there is no gallery, but you can see the angled melee a bit better... That way the melee can be seen from the top AND the side, but the best view will be from a natural angle... hehehe...
cbOMC111.jpg

I looked through all of the waxes I have from my previous jeweler and decided it just isn''t fair to post those... they do define the bones and Ocean definitely followed me on the bones, but she added *spirit* to the bones that when I look at these waxes, yes the ring is very very much like those waxes, but it is also very different in so many ways that I just hate to leave anyone with the image of what *isn''t* when you just have to wait a few more weeks to see what *is*. And I would feel uncomfortable posting her CAD images... I am pretty sure she''d prefer I not.

Hopefully this is at least a little helpful? You know who''s head is kinda sorta similar is bleindheim - oh gosh I just butchered her screen name LOL But it has the V thing goin and the overlapping prongs but I think hers are more like double prongs where as mine are way spread apart two on each side.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 12:06:19 AM
Author: divergrrl
Cehra: reading your post just gave me a pain in my head/twitch behind my eye. LOL. Omigosh woman, you are taking ring creation to an entirely new level! Ok...since we live in the same dang city...I say we meet up for a beverage downtown somewhere so I can see this exquisite piece of magic in person!

I''ve been DYING to ask you how its been going, but haven''t wanted to bug you or make you feel pressured. I''m glad to hear its coming along nicely, but do you have any ETA whatsoever on its completion date?
Sure absolutely... it will be on my finger by the time the kids are back in school and what a perfect time to catch lunch! ha!!

Once it is done it goes to the dh and I have no idea when he''ll give it to me.
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited to see it Sara. I can tell so much of you has gone into this ring. And love that you have given Ocean room to be the artist that she is. I have to say, this ring will be the most awaited ring in PS history. I can't wait to see it come to life. Your stone is gorgeous, so am sure it's new home will just add to it's beauty.
30.gif
36.gif

Please tell me it's gonna be finished before the kids go back to school!!
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 1:46:02 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I am so excited to see it Sara. I can tell so much of you has gone into this ring. And love that you have given Ocean room to be the artist that she is. I have to say, this ring will be the most awaited ring in PS history. I can''t wait to see it come to life. Your stone is gorgeous, so am sure it''s new home will just add to it''s beauty.
30.gif
36.gif

Please tell me it''s gonna be finished before the kids go back to school!!
2.gif
Thank you Kaleigh :) I don''t know about THE most awaited ring.... though it certainly has gone on and on and on LOL Mrs. S has been dragging hers out (and unapologetically without updates as of late!!) for far longer but she never had a specific setting in mind... She''s had her stone for OVER a year already and mine won''t be a year until the very end of august. But I''ve had the setting figured out since October LOL Its funny because at one time when Jade L first turned her stone to mark morrell and he said 6 months I thought that''s insane!! But its been 9 months total so far for me with the setting LOL Not all with the same jeweler, but still...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 1:35:09 AM

2.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
2.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif" width="15 border=0">
Sure absolutely... it will be on my finger by the time the kids are back in school and what a perfect time to catch lunch! ha!!

12.gif
by then I''ll have my newborn girl! I''ll show you my treasure if you show me yours!
2.gif
hee hee....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 4:44:46 PM

Date: 7/8/2007 1:35:09 AM

2.gif
'');'' height=15 alt=""Insert smilie
2.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif" width=15 border=0>

12.gif
by then I''ll have my newborn girl! I''ll show you my treasure if you show me yours!
2.gif
hee hee....
Well yours is *far* more valuable, but mine had a longer gestation haha!!! I''m really happy for you and this baby by the way... when are you due?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cehra I am really liking the design elements that you''ve shown of your ring so far! Don''t let us make you crazy asking when the ring will be ready. Many of us just want to live vicariously through your beautiful and special custom project!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 3:38:12 PM

Mrs. S has been dragging hers out (and unapologetically without updates as of late!!)

yes, mine still goes for being dragged out the longest, however I think door knob has had her stone unset for a lot longer than me, so maybe I don''t hold that title
11.gif
. Not trying to be sneaky, just no real update to give
39.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra,
Please clue me in. How long has this been going on?
33.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 5:21:56 PM
Author: Sundial
Cehra I am really liking the design elements that you''ve shown of your ring so far! Don''t let us make you crazy asking when the ring will be ready. Many of us just want to live vicariously through your beautiful and special custom project!!!
Well Jade L had the forethought to have a baby during the wait to pass the time - thus making it so she couldn''t post a lot LOL

I don''t feel crazy or upset with the queries, its flattering really that anyone cares :) I''m getting really excited. I brought to Ocean a ton of seemingly incongruent elements that I really wanted and for a while I think she was stumped as to how to make it work in a way that she could *feel* and embrace.... but she''s done it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 7:39:53 PM
Author: Harriet
Cehra,
Please clue me in. How long has this been going on?
33.gif
I bought my stone like august 28 or 29 and took it around for a month to see if I wanted to keep it (I have this pesky insecurity because it isn't an ACA but dernit they don't make aca cushions LOL) and then about a week later (early oct) I turned it into a local jeweler and they worked on a wax for TWO MONTHS but it was never finished, my jeweler has been out sick since early december and I "sat" on my stone for two months (dec/jan) because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do anymore and didn't want to work on it through the holidays. So then I had a webinar thing with Ocean and Wink back in early feb and a month later sent her my stone (through an appraiser). So she's had it since mid march but for the first part she was working on an original design and it was really amazing (think zoltan) but I began mourning "my" design and she was very understanding so we started over in that direction and....... :) you're caught up now :D

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You mentioned in another post about how you were bracing yourself for some of us not liking your ring. I don''t care who likes it or not, I just pray to God YOU like it, after all this.

I mean that sincerely.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 4:26:31 AM
its not far off from the wax I posted from my previous jeweler.... other than that there is no gallery. It is a square ring with two gothic arches (upside down) on the long ends and two curved arches along the long sides and they cross at the corners to form 8 distinct prongs that flank a high polished curved out mirrored bowl under the stone... the shank is about 7mm wide and consists of two (each side) rows of 1.5 single cut melee set at a 45* angle with a 3mm wide band of satin finished strip down the center, milgrain surrounding all the melee and three rubies set in the bottom and I have NO idea how she's going to do that and I've asked her to surprise me. There have been a lot of flukey things that have come up, not to mention it was very difficult to work the head details out from a distance, I think if I'd flown there we could have done it in one day. She's tweaked it in ways I didn't expect and is adding a lot of finesse to it that I couldn't dream up. There have been times where I've been patient, there've been times where she has been patient, but overall the goal has been to *enjoy* the process - whatever it was, and I think we've succeeded at that :)

I miss seeing it too....

Wow, it wounds phenomenal. I love the idea of the satin band to imitate a multi-band stack. I can't wait to see how it all fits together... it's gonna be a long summer!

Thanks for the update
9.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
glad to hear the process is moving along -- it sounds amazing!! i agree with ellen -- doesn''t matter if everyone else likes it, as long as you are happy with it. it has been a long road for you, and i''m sure the results will be worth it -- a unique and beautiful ring that is just right for you! i can''t wait to see it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 8:51:47 AM
Author: Ellen
You mentioned in another post about how you were bracing yourself for some of us not liking your ring. I don't care who likes it or not, I just pray to God YOU like it, after all this.

I mean that sincerely.
oh I will. I probably won't the first moment and I already told Ocean this. When I go get my hair cut I always hate it the first day and then later think, Oh how insightful this is more brilliant than what I asked for LOL Well, *usually*..... sometimes they just butcher it. I'm not at all worried about Ocean butchering my ring. But she and I talk a LOT and not just about the ring... she has quite a bit of insight into how I work and she wasn't surprised at all that my first reaction might be "oh this isn't right" and she shared her own stories of how she's had the same reaction.

However, I already know this, I know it isn't going to be exactly like in my head (it already isn't in the CAD) and I know it won't be like the cad - but I know it will be better than both and I have 100% set myself free for her to return to me her artistic vision of the blueprints (bones) I have given her.... I would put it like this: They are my bones, it is our flesh, but it is her spirit in the ring. I cannot say enough how at peace I am with this.... and am prepared for my mind to buck for a moment before falling in love.

Does that make sense?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cehra some of the longest lasting and most satisfying relationships are the ones where you get to know each other slowly and fall in love over time (and that could apply to you and your new ring). I think you are wise to expect to give it some time.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 12:46:02 PM

oh I will. I probably won't the first moment and I already told Ocean this. When I go get my hair cut I always hate it the first day and then later think, Oh how insightful this is more brilliant than what I asked for LOL Well, *usually*..... sometimes they just butcher it. I'm not at all worried about Ocean butchering my ring. But she and I talk a LOT and not just about the ring... she has quite a bit of insight into how I work and she wasn't surprised at all that my first reaction might be 'oh this isn't right' and she shared her own stories of how she's had the same reaction.

However, I already know this, I know it isn't going to be exactly like in my head (it already isn't in the CAD) and I know it won't be like the cad - but I know it will be better than both and I have 100% set myself free for her to return to me her artistic vision of the blueprints (bones) I have given her.... I would put it like this: They are my bones, it is our flesh, but it is her spirit in the ring. I cannot say enough how at peace I am with this.... and am prepared for my mind to buck for a moment before falling in love.

Does that make sense?
Yes, it does.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I think I have a date that is safe to give..... I got my stone on August 30th and I will have my ring by August 30th. If september comes and you don''t have pics then you can really start harassing me LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 6:05:20 PM
Okay I think I have a date that is safe to give..... I got my stone on August 30th and I will have my ring by August 30th. If september comes and you don''t have pics then you can really start harassing me LOL
OK!
36.gif

And we are holding you to that missy, with barrels drawn.
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 2:15:19 AM
I bought my stone like august 28 or 29 and took it around for a month to see if I wanted to keep it (I have this pesky insecurity because it isn't an ACA but dernit they don't make aca cushions LOL) and then about a week later (early oct) I turned it into a local jeweler and they worked on a wax for TWO MONTHS but it was never finished, my jeweler has been out sick since early december and I 'sat' on my stone for two months (dec/jan) because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do anymore and didn't want to work on it through the holidays. So then I had a webinar thing with Ocean and Wink back in early feb and a month later sent her my stone (through an appraiser). So she's had it since mid march but for the first part she was working on an original design and it was really amazing (think zoltan) but I began mourning 'my' design and she was very understanding so we started over in that direction and....... :) you're caught up now :D
Gotcha. Thanks. I'm looking forward to August. I love your stone -- it has loads of personality, just like you.
9.gif

I wish WF would make ACA cushions too. John Quixote, you listening?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 7:03:03 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/9/2007 2:15:19 AM
I bought my stone like august 28 or 29 and took it around for a month to see if I wanted to keep it (I have this pesky insecurity because it isn''t an ACA but dernit they don''t make aca cushions LOL) and then about a week later (early oct) I turned it into a local jeweler and they worked on a wax for TWO MONTHS but it was never finished, my jeweler has been out sick since early december and I ''sat'' on my stone for two months (dec/jan) because I wasn''t sure what I wanted to do anymore and didn''t want to work on it through the holidays. So then I had a webinar thing with Ocean and Wink back in early feb and a month later sent her my stone (through an appraiser). So she''s had it since mid march but for the first part she was working on an original design and it was really amazing (think zoltan) but I began mourning ''my'' design and she was very understanding so we started over in that direction and....... :) you''re caught up now :D
Gotcha. Thanks. I''m looking forward to August. I love your stone -- it has loads of personality, just like you.
9.gif

I wish WF would make ACA cushions too. John Quixote, you listening?
John knows... he''s listened, they know there is a demand for this.... BUT its about cost effectiveness too....

I would love to have my stone but tweaked to be even better. I love the 1:26 ratio.... it''s perfect, love the table size, love the crown height.... but boy it would be fun to have the same stone with "ideal" symmetry so that every sparkle was in unison.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 1:33:19 AM
Date: 7/8/2007 12:24:06 AM

I can''t find the wax.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

This pic is almost exactly the shape of the ring/shank - the square with a slight point at the top but the two rows of melee are tilted to a 45* angle and there is a strip of satin metal between the two. The head is entirely different.

RC382.jpg

This is my stone on the inspiration setting - it is horribly blurry etc. but you can see the ribbon of satin between the two angled rows of melee. This ring is just over 4mm wide with 1 point melee and mine will be just over 6mm wide with 1.5 melee. The satin strip in this ring is 2mm and mine will be 3mm. I wanted bigger melee and milgrain but I also wanted to keep the center strip wider than the edges.

cbOMC108.jpg

Here''s another pic - the head is totally different, there is no gallery, but you can see the angled melee a bit better... That way the melee can be seen from the top AND the side, but the best view will be from a natural angle... hehehe...

cbOMC111.jpg

I looked through all of the waxes I have from my previous jeweler and decided it just isn''t fair to post those... they do define the bones and Ocean definitely followed me on the bones, but she added *spirit* to the bones that when I look at these waxes, yes the ring is very very much like those waxes, but it is also very different in so many ways that I just hate to leave anyone with the image of what *isn''t* when you just have to wait a few more weeks to see what *is*. And I would feel uncomfortable posting her CAD images... I am pretty sure she''d prefer I not.

Hopefully this is at least a little helpful? You know who''s head is kinda sorta similar is bleindheim - oh gosh I just butchered her screen name LOL But it has the V thing goin and the overlapping prongs but I think hers are more like double prongs where as mine are way spread apart two on each side.

Wow! You have great taste.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results