shape
carat
color
clarity

CDN''s Pro Pics have arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE! I LOVE! I LOVE! I want to see MORE! Pwease?!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh! Your pictures are fabulous! I just love the bright accent colors! Congratulations! How fun!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, everything was STUNNING! Your dress is so gorgeous and I love your blue shoes peeking out as you''re walking down the aisle! You looked absolutely beautiful! Your husband''s ensemble is adorable, too-what a cute pocket square! And what a great MOH dress! Everything was just perfect-so perfect I can''t stop using exclamation points!

P.S. If my pro pics turn out half as good as yours I will be over the moon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous couple, the pictures are amazing!!!
30.gif
who is your photographer? Love love the pictures and the colors!!! Looks like a fabulous time
36.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Could you of looked anymore amazing?

I think not..

Wow! And I love the colour of your bridesmaids dress
30.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
*Sigh*...stunning, to everything. I LOVE your colours!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely beautiful!! everything..from the flowers to the dress to the shoes to the location and on and on. gorgeous!

i especially love the pier shots of you guys. the lighting was perfect!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Alright, I've rested up and have resized a few more. Who knew posting photos would be so much work?

A little line-dancing after the cake cutting. I've never line-danced (unless you count the Macarena), so it was fun to watch.

Don't know what's going on with the 'Hot Chocolate' message on the right....
31.gif

CDNsWeddingProPics90.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
A little boys-only line dancing. We had A LOT of guys at our wedding. The photographer even commented on it.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Fun party props.
1.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
End of the night.

621_644cdn.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking!

621_645cdn.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
CDN, these are AMAZING. It''s one of the most fun, gorgeous weddings I''ve seen! (Seriously, you BWW ladies have amazing weddings.)

Truly, though, it''s like you took my dream wedding and brought it to life. Don''t be surprised if, in 5 or 6 years, there are similar pictures being posted...
28.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Everything was perfect! Congratulations!!!

Love your bouquet!!!!!

i''m bookmarking your thread for future reference :D

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Those photos are amazing! Again, I really love the colors and theme to your wedding. The beach and reception site were just amazing. But most of all, I love your dress and hair! You were gorgeous!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, CD, these pics are AMAZING!!! I love EVERYTHING about your wedding!!! What a fun day!!! Congratulations again!!!
36.gif
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Bjedifish, bee*, meresal, kama, Amanda.Rx, Porrdige, rhbgirl24, marlie, and Dani thank you!

gwendolyn, I'm happy the photos gave you some ideas. I got them from from other brides so I'm glad to pass them along.

Thing2, haha. I have a horrible habit of overusing 'exclamation points'. I have a strong feeling your pro photos will be phenomenal. You had such beautiful wedding; congratulations again!

Skippy, thank you! The photographer was Elizabeth Medina, an American photographer based in Mexico. We were lucky to book her. Elizabeth's Blog

Dannielle, thanks! My MOH, looked good in that dress, didn't she?
36.gif

Awww, thanks princess and cindygenit! You guys made my day.

ilovesparkles, you are sweet; thank you. The hair was not how I wanted it but it's growing on me. I'm definitely more of a hair-down girl but it is what it is and I'm not one to dwell on it. Thanks again!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so, it's time to fess up. I'm years away from getting married, but uh....I might have already looked up this resort and your photographer. Your wedding seriously inspired me. (Her blog is AMAZING, btw! Holy cow she shoots some gorgeous locations.)

So I've got to ask: was it a ton of work? It looks like things just came together pretty effortlessly (other than the whole swine flu debacle). Was the lounge and dinner included in the package, or was that separate? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, and feel free to say "Hey, no copying!" but I truly adore your wedding and would love to be able to do something similar when the time comes...

ETA: I should make sure to clarify there's obviously no way I would copy this exactly, but I'm a researcher by nature and like to have as much info as I can.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, CDN... I absolutely LOVE your pictures!! The colors are amazing, and everything just looks SO FUN!!!
I love the camera scavenger hunt idea, too!

Congrats!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
you were a stunning bride! congrats and thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures! love your favors idea!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 1:16:45 PM
Author: princesss
Okay, so, it's time to fess up. I'm years away from getting married, but uh....I might have already looked up this resort and your photographer. Your wedding seriously inspired me. (Her blog is AMAZING, btw! Holy cow she shoots some gorgeous locations.)

So I've got to ask: was it a ton of work? It looks like things just came together pretty effortlessly (other than the whole swine flu debacle). Was the lounge and dinner included in the package, or was that separate? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, and feel free to say 'Hey, no copying!' but I truly adore your wedding and would love to be able to do something similar when the time comes...

ETA: I should make sure to clarify there's obviously no way I would copy this exactly, but I'm a researcher by nature and like to have as much info as I can.

princess, I'm really glad our wedding has inspired you, truly.

It really wasn't that much work for us. Choices are a bit more limited when doing a DW at a resort (catering choices, linens, decorations, flowers) so it helps keep planning simpler, if that makes sense. I'm also a researcher and someone who likes to consider ALL options so having a smaller amount to go through benefited me in a big way.
9.gif

The lounge was extra (outside of our package). We booked it through the resort BUT you do have the option of booking outside vendors. We waited a bit late and when we enquired they were already booked.

Our cocktail hour, 4 course sit-down dinner, open bar, and wedding cake for 35 guests was included as part of our package.

I'd be more than happy to answer any further questions you have. And don't worry about 'copying'. All ideas are taken from somewhere, and in the end, every wedding is unique and wonderful in it's own way.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 1:43:22 PM
Author: Lynnie
Wow, CDN... I absolutely LOVE your pictures!! The colors are amazing, and everything just looks SO FUN!!!

I love the camera scavenger hunt idea, too!

Congrats!

Thanks, Lynnie!

Funny thing with the scavenger hunt. Each table had different photo instructions. I didn''t pay attention when I put everything together and one of the instructions at OUR table was to "Take a photo of the couple married the longest at your table". Well, that was me and my DH.
20.gif
Oops.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 1:52:15 PM
Author: DMBFiredancer
you were a stunning bride! congrats and thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures! love your favors idea!

DMBFiredancer, thank you! I like that the tequila bottles look a bit like perfume bottles and it came in green (one of our colours).

We had a few guests who I know don't drink, so their favors were a bag of yellow (pina colada), green (margarida), and blue (blueberry) jelly bellies.

IMGasdfas_0601.jpg

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CD- Sorry if this is too forward, but do you mind if I ask how expensive the light up dance floor was? We may end up doing the DW route and I have been looking into something just like that. Just wondering how different prices are here in NYC compared to Mexico. If you dont want to say thats ok. Thanks!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 2:47:27 PM
Author: NakedFinger
Hi CD- Sorry if this is too forward, but do you mind if I ask how expensive the light up dance floor was? We may end up doing the DW route and I have been looking into something just like that. Just wondering how different prices are here in NYC compared to Mexico. If you dont want to say thats ok. Thanks!

Not forward at all!

We didn't pay anything extra for our dance floor. The resort provided it for us. It wasn't part of our package (I don't think) so I don't know what happened there. I do know they're charging $650 for the floor if you choose it from their a-la-carte menu.

Our DJ also offers a lit-up dance floor for a cost of $450. ETA: He has a bigger floor (to fit 100 ppl) at a higher cost, I believe.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Wow ok, big difference. They are about $4,500-$6,000 in NYC!
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 3:15:45 PM
Author: NakedFinger
Thanks!

Wow ok, big difference. They are about $4,500-$6,000 in NYC!
1.gif
Haha, NF, my mom and I had a similar reaction yesterday looking at packages (just for funsies). We kind of looked at each other and said, "So, I don''t think we''ll be having any budget arguments..." I''m definitely feeling the DW...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results