shape
carat
color
clarity

CDC: COVID 19 Sick or in Quarantine people CAN Vote In Person

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your thoughts on this??? In what world does this make sense?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently voting makes an otherwise infectious person magically not a threat!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s crazy @Calliecake! If they set something up where it was a drive through like when you get testing and drop it in a ballot box...that would be okay...That‘s if they can drive. Otherwise...no way!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whaaaat??? :-o

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of those things that falls into a "gray" area. I don't like it, but it seems like voter suppression if it weren't allowed.

Sidenote: I got tickets to an outdoor event for late November and was reading through the fine print. They really covered themselves by mentioning Covid, flu, AND Legionnaire's disease. Never seen that before.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where I, masks aren’t required for voting but are for everything else. Glad I voted by Mail! First time we could do that in my state if you didn’t have a “real” reason (they’re really absentee ballots but said the pandemic would count for a reason this time) but I hope we get to do vote by Mail for any reason going forward.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im prerry sure you can vote in hospital here

This situation with covid probably needed more thought before now

I waa thinking about how blind people who cannot see the voting form reregister to vote by telephone before election day

The US could have done something like this for covid infected people

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s crazy @Calliecake! If they set something up where it was a drive through like when you get testing and drop it in a ballot box...that would be okay...That‘s if they can drive. Otherwise...no way!

I heard this on a network news show. They specifically said going into a facility and voting was okay to do. They requested you notify the polling place greeter that you have COVID-19 when you arrive.

Whatever happened to us protecting each other and looking out for each other. This just seems insane to me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes perfect sense. Under no circumstances can CDC promote or even suggest voter suppression. This is why there are various ways to vote. To even suggest that someone should not exercise their constitutional right even if they're on their deathbed, puts them and any other federal agency who would suggest such a thing on the fast track to a court battle.

There's a lot of already busy FOIA Offices as it is. I'm sure they'll be even busier.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
People with covid deserve our sympathy and understanding
Almost none of then chose to get sick
Yes, they are infectious and we don't want them to spread it around so either us personally or our loved ones catch it, it needs to be made safe so they can vote

I must admit a few weeks before our election when i was in bed for 4 days spewing with vertigo and i couldn't even move my head without the room spinning all i could think of was what if i can't get in to vote ?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I would say they shouldn't be prohibited, but it just a really bad idea. I feel bad for those poll workers. At least where I live most are on the elderly side.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I would say they shouldn't be prohibited, but it just a really bad idea. I feel bad for those poll workers. At least where I live most are on the elderly side.

As im not working i almost applied for one of those jobs here but then when Auckland had its big cluster and lockdown i was really glad i didn't- not that we live near Auckland

It is indeed a worry for the electoral workers and their families

I would hope they have a ton of hand sanatizer out like they did here
we also all got our own pens which you could keep or was thrown out at the polling station

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have hoped they had a contingency plan that would allow those with covid or who are in quarantine to vote without putting others at risk.
I believe everyone should be able to cast their vote. I would have crawled thru broken glass to cast my vote this election.

@daisy and Diamonds , There is a commercial that has been on this past weekend with a Bruce song. I think of you every time I hear it.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I support ensuring everyone has the ability to vote and have it counted. But living in a country where so many are discouraging and disputing other means of making safe voting possible, I shake my head.

I've already voted but when I read this, I tried to convince my husband and daughter to not take the risk as they will just cancel each other's vote :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This is insane. In Malaysia they had by elections in a state and Covid spiked drastically shortly after that. If I pray, I would be praying for the US people now.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a matter of personal responsibility, just like so much with this virus. An infected person should know better than to go out in public and risk infecting others

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have hoped they had a contingency plan that would allow those with covid or who are in quarantine to vote without putting others at risk.
I believe everyone should be able to cast their vote. I would have crawled thru broken glass to cast my vote this election.

@daisy and Diamonds , There is a commercial that has been on this past weekend with a Bruce song. I think of you every time I hear it.
=)2 my home town

Take care out there all you American peeps

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course one's voting rights should not be supressed. However, if one has Covid 19 there should be other measures in place to allow them to vote that does not put other people at risk. Truly reprehensible to go to the voting polls sick with Covid 19 knowing you can infect others with a potentially deadly disease.

Those who are sick who have not yet voted need to be counted and perhaps should be allowed to vote via mail and extend the election deadline. That is the best way as I see it.

This is insane. In Malaysia they had by elections in a state and Covid spiked drastically shortly after that. If I pray, I would be praying for the US people now.

Thank you @icy_jade and I am praying for us all. We are all in this together albeit the USA is not doing a stellar job at controlling Covid 19 and we should look at other countries to see how it can be better accomplished.

inne

Shiny_Rock
Of course one's voting rights should not be supressed. However, if one has Covid 19 there should be other measures in place to allow them to vote that does not put other people at risk. Truly reprehensible to go to the voting polls sick with Covid 19 knowing you can infect others with a potentially deadly disease.

Those who are sick who have not yet voted need to be counted and perhaps should be allowed to vote via mail and extend the election deadline. That is the best way as I see it.

Thank you @icy_jade and I am praying for us all. We are all in this together albeit the USA is not doing a stellar job at controlling Covid 19 and we should look at other countries to see how it can be better accomplished.

A national plan should for sure have been put in place. New Zealand did a great job with that.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A national plan should for sure have been put in place. New Zealand did a great job with that.

We don’t even have a national plan for surviving this virus, let alone a national plan for voting safely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results