shape
carat
color
clarity

Cathedral settings with diamond w-band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennarlt

Rough_Rock
I have a RB .78 solitare set in a cathedral setting (the prongs sit about 7mm high from the base of the ring) and since the setting is more "triangle" shape than round, I am finding diamond wedding bands to be too "round" for the setting. Does this make sense? I don''t have any pics of the ring here as I am at work
emembarrassed.gif
so I cant'' show you what I mean, and for the life of me I can''t get any online pics I found to upload! I like the look of a channel set wedding band, but find that from the side view they block the view of the setting and they are more round than the setting, they sit up a bit higher than the e-ring and don''t line up evenly. Does any of this make sense? Is this the way a channel set ring will normally look and I would have to get a plain band if I wanted it to sit lower?

As you can see, I don''t post much and I know very little about rings/terminology, but I thought maybe some of you who have similar rings could post pics with your wedding bands from the side for me. Thanks so much!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
One more for you

DSC01224 (2).JPG

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Hello-
I have a cathedral band with an emerald cut diamond. I have a pipe cut wedding band and it sits up a little higher so it doesn''t look so odd. You need a wedding band that is a little more thicker so it will sit up high.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results