shape
carat
color
clarity

Cathedral Platinum Setting. Is this too much

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
I''m getting a cathedral classic platinum 4 prong setting for my radiant diamond. This jeweler is quoting me $800. Basically $700 for the ring, and $100 to set it. He said it''s a 3mm. Is this overpriced for this setting?. Please advise.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sounds reasonable to me- platinum is pretty expensive these days.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Sounds reasonable to me too. I recently paid $1100 for the setting itself and $60 to set it (plus tax for both). That was a Vatche setting, so the extra $300 was for the name and hopefully quality of Vatche, I assume.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I third the "it sound reasonable." plat. was and may still be at an all time high per gram. cheap it''s not..but I LOVE it and find it worth the $$
9.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
How much do these settings weigh? I noticed most jewelers don''t tell you that. I want to know before shelling out 1K+ dollars on a plain mounting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The prices for platinum have gone up considerably. Your quote is a reasonable one. Have you gotten comparison quotes, you might find this to be a good buy.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i did a quick search on whiteflash.com and their plan plat. setting are $800-$900..you can check out just about any of the vendors websites here, most sell what your looking at and most have the prices listed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results