~ faegrace

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Whoa that aqua is niiiiiiiiice!!!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, ForteKitty! :) It's probably time to get some assistance on the setting help thread.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

faegrace|1301607675|2884555 said:
ForteKitty ~

Very nice! I wondered who grabbed the cabs. :)

I finally have a pic to share of my long-awaited aqua from JW. This is his photo, but it should arrive 'home' no later than Monday. The gem is incredibly special to me. It is my first custom cut gem but moreover, it is symbolic of new bginnings for me and I cannot wait to work on a setting.

JW%20aqua%20custom%20antique%20cushion.jpg

~ faegrace

:shock: WHOA! I generally don't dig aqua often but that cut is really something else! it brings the stone to life! VERY NICE :appl:

I was told I should see my stone next week. Kewl!

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

:wavey: Arcadian; thanks for the response.
Please remind my addled brain what you're getting in the mail next week...?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

faegrace|1301612665|2884675 said:
:wavey: Arcadian; thanks for the response.
Please remind my addled brain what you're getting in the mail next week...?

Just a little blue-green something coming in the mail :bigsmile:

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Arcadian ~

Ooh, that's right! Thanks for the reminder. The blue-green is so pretty :love: I am eager to see the photos of your new treasure.

Some time ago I posted about my first gem purchase, a BB chrome tourmaline and working on a ring setting with Michael E. Things are moving along and Michael gave me the go-ahead to post the CADs. There will be some changes, refinements: softening of the leaf prong tips and engraving down the sides of the band. I was soooo nervous embarking on this venture but Michael has been great. I am tremendously happy with the way my botanical vision is being realized.

Chrome%20Tourmaline%20Ring%20CAD%20YG%202.jpg

Chrome%20Tourmaline%20Ring%20CAD%20YG.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ooo its lovely! thanks for sharing that! I love floral themed rings. :love: I haven't contact a vendor yet for my stone but I will as soon as it gets here.

-A

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock

Geez, that Aquamarine's beauty is immaculate. Cut & Color. *Hands down*

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fae,
That's a gorgeous design for your chrome tourmaline. I can't wait to see you start a new thread for it!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my goodness faegrace!! Your ring is going to be stunning! :love: :appl:

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Arcadian ~

Thank you! I am excited about it. I am realizing more and more that I am drawn to an array of jewelry styles, and that yes, the gem will eventually determine what kind of home it will have. :bigsmile:

Blithe ~

Yes, the aqua is beyond anything I could have hoped for. I cannot wait for it to arrive!

Chrono ~

Am I supposed to start a new thread with this? :oops: (this is me not knowing all the PS etiquette) Thank you for the compliment; I honestly appreciate the feedback.

Brandy ~

Thank you too. Now I think 'whatever will I wear on my ears with this ring?!?' :lol:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

I finally received my first completed CS project in the mail today. It's a BB pink tourmaline in a custom Daniel M setting. My camera was absolutely terrible at catching the actual color of the stone, but I think this photo does a great job of showing how lively and bright the stone is.

All in all, very happy with my first foray into the colored stone world! :wavey:

pinkring1.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Sparkle ~

Ooh, very pretty! :appl: Well done!

~ faegrace

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful! Can we get a side view, please star sparkle?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, faegrace and lavatea!

I wasn't able to get very many good photos of it on my own, and it's now already off at my jeweler getting re-sized (like a dummy I ordered the wrong size for myself) so I can't attempt any more. But for now, here are the glamour shots Daniel M took of it!

il_570xN.230706248.jpg

il_570xN.230715353.jpg

il_570xN.230706282.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

OH, I saw that one! Love it!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't know what I should choose as my next project! i have far too many to choose from and just can't pick one...or two. UGH.

How do you guys decide?

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild|1301759837|2885930 said:
I don't know what I should choose as my next project! i have far too many to choose from and just can't pick one...or two. UGH.

How do you guys decide?

It's easy for me (unfortunately) bc it's all budget based. And I have almost no budget. After I finish my JKT project, I'm going to start saving for a stone I've been eyeballing for over a month. There are actually several that I really want but I have to hit them one at a time. Hopefully I won't get sidetracked by other stones, lol.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The wax cast for my multicolored diamond ring. The edge bands will not be that thick.

TLwaxcast.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Nice TL! I'm looking forward to seeing your ring come together!

Freke--thread on possible projects :naughty:

I keep meaning to set my gems, but instead I keep buying more loose gems and diamonds (for accents!) without actually setting them. In my defense, I had a bad setting experience last fall that ended up with a chipped emerald ;( ;( and I'm a little scared to have my gems set.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

lavatea|1301767476|2886021 said:
FrekeChild|1301759837|2885930 said:

How do you guys decide?

It's easy for me (unfortunately) bc it's all budget based. And I have almost no budget. After I finish my JKT project, I'm going to start saving for a stone I've been eyeballing for over a month. There are actually several that I really want but I have to hit them one at a time. Hopefully I won't get sidetracked by other stones, lol.

Agree 100% with this.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover|1301773253|2886071 said:
The wax cast for my multicolored diamond ring. The edge bands will not be that thick.

OMG TL that's a work of art, even in its unfinished form. Your jeweller is very very good. I'm assuming all the stones are going to be bezel are they?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

this is a 3.97 ct malaya garnet going into a 999fine silver ring

maysilver.jpg

maylaysilver.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Indy Lady

LovingDiamonds|1301775780|2886092 said:

OMG TL that's a work of art, even in its unfinished form. Your jeweller is very very good. I'm assuming all the stones are going to be bezel are they?

Thanks LD,
Yes, they will have crisp bezels. I stressed to him "CRISP." Oh yes, those lines behind the bezels will be gone, they're just there for keeping the wax stronger.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1301776584|2886101 said:
Thanks Indy Lady

Thanks LD,
Yes, they will have crisp bezels. I stressed to him "CRISP." Oh yes, those lines behind the bezels will be gone, they're just there for keeping the wax stronger.
lol, I wondered what that 'green paneling' was! Makes perfect sense now. I may have missed it, but have you mentioned who's doing your custom work?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cellentani|1301778212|2886119 said:
tourmaline_lover|1301776584|2886101 said:
Thanks Indy Lady

Thanks LD,
lol, I wondered what that 'green paneling' was! Makes perfect sense now. I may have missed it, but have you mentioned who's doing your custom work?

He's a jeweler in my area. If he does a great job, I'll post his website. He has a very unpretentious shop in a very expensive neighborhood, but he's always busy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great projects everyone!!! :appl:

TL , Love love love that band! It looks like its going to be just exquisite!

VL, love it! Are you going to bezel set that stone?

-A

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have sent my tourmaline to Daniel M. this is my first custom internet purchase, I am super excited, I decided to go with the U-prong setting in silver and a rose gold basket...it should be done in around 4 weeks..which is very close to my 27 wedding anniversary :appl:
here once again is my stone:

pics 006.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got a piece of registered mail! It's either a spinel or my sally pieces, will find out tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results