shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

I just received this 5.89ct Rhodolite custom cut from Gary Braun - I must say the cutting is just exemplary, we chose an OMC / antique cushion design and it works so well. Also for what is naturally quite a dark-toned material, I think Gary did a great job.
Oh, and the 10.5mm size doesn't hurt either :D :devil:

Here are a couple of Gary's studio shots, I will update when I have take some of my own.

I also have another stone in the works with Jeff White, details all finalized over the weekend after a couple weeks of discussion, which I am super excited about. As always, Jeff has been nothing bot a doll through all our cross-continent chats - with a bit of luck, I will have some photos of the finished product in 3 weeks :appl:

0239Side.jpg

0239Obl.jpg

0239.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AJ, thats a gorgeous stone!! I can't wait to see your pics! :appl:

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh, a high crown and teeny tiny table, plus the colour’s not super dark either, which is a plus in a rhodolite that is quite substantial.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Arcadian said:
AJ, thats a gorgeous stone!! I can't wait to see your pics! :appl:

-A

Thanks A!
Should have some time for pics later this week ::)

Chrono said:
Ooh, a high crown and teeny tiny table, plus the colour’s not super dark either, which is a plus in a rhodolite that is quite substantial.

Hello C - yup, the table is teeny tiny and I must stress for quite a deep and large stone (as you say) it is still a lovely purplish-red raspberry colour, with nice flash and sparkle in the right light.
In terms of brightness in varied lighting, it doesn't hold up to my PG Umbalite, but I've come to realize that performance on that stone is more of an exception than a rule when it comes to garnets. :))

Actually, I don't think I have posted this either (I went on a bit of a garnet run lately) ;-)
I don't have the specs handy but it is a Barry supernova, ~2.5cts and ~7mm if I recall correctly..this one has a really cherry pinkish red colour and has a fantastic glow in the right light..

As usual, Barry's photo is spot on to real life:

the oval sitting pretty.JPG

oval showing purple.JPG

oval real life colour.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

..and Barry's listing pic..
Originally I wasn't going to keep this stone as I thought I don't really have any ideas for setting - but its charm just really grew on me and I couldn't send it back ::)
Like many Rhodo's, and as discussed in that recent thread, it 'blacks out' more often than I'd like - but when it shows off it really has some pretty colours.

I came across this bypass ring with a spess and a garnet, and although I wouldn't stick right to this design, I thought it could be a fun way to set the oval - I do love the colours with the YG; now just to get a matching size/shape in a nice spess ::)

oval barry photo.jpg

spess rhodo ring.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11 said:
baby nurse said:
This is an aquamarine asscher I got from Gene at the end of May . It's 3.25 c and 9.07 mm. It was cut from the same piece of rough that Cind11's asscher was cut from.

Here is the pic you asked for Cind11 :wavey:
Thanks baby nurse! You captured the color pretty well I think, although I do think the color is more saturated in person.

I'm glad you saw the pics, Cind11! Yes it's definitely more saturated in person. Another one of those stones that is difficult to capture with the camera.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Wow AJ! :love: I love your new stones!! :appl: Please post more pics when you can.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Loving all the new pretties!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Freke, thanks for the compliment re. my pics. It's good to hear because you know how much of a pain it can be to get photos done to your satisfaction :angryfire:

Also, your "poo" picture of the lavender stones for a necklace looks great. Wonderful idea for a necklace. It's so easy to stay caught up in rings, lol! Is the little round one at the bottom the recent one you got from Barry? I ask because I asked him if he had any more like yours (sorry to copy) and he had a little 6 mm one that had tiny bubble-like inclusions. I LOVE this stone-- fabulous color and you can't even see the inclusions. Wish it were bigger. I'll take some pics, maybe today.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hey yeah BN, isn't there a ring you're supposed to show us too? I'm going to have to start the lashes w/the wet noodle pretty soon, all these lax picture posters.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your hilarious, packrat! Yes, I promise I'll have that ring posted within the next couple of days. I took so many pictures of the dang thing, I've been spending all my time deleting the extra pics and figuring out which ones are best. You're talking about the JKT ring, right?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yep, that's the one! Waiting on Chic's Barry supernova chryso too...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

baby nurse said:
Freke, thanks for the compliment re. my pics. It's good to hear because you know how much of a pain it can be to get photos done to your satisfaction :angryfire:

Also, your "poo" picture of the lavender stones for a necklace looks great. Wonderful idea for a necklace. It's so easy to stay caught up in rings, lol! Is the little round one at the bottom the recent one you got from Barry? I ask because I asked him if he had any more like yours (sorry to copy) and he had a little 6 mm one that had tiny bubble-like inclusions. I LOVE this stone-- fabulous color and you can't even see the inclusions. Wish it were bigger. I'll take some pics, maybe today.
Nope. The one kind of towards the top and to the right is a Barry stone, and the one opposite of it is the Peter stone that was posted on the last page.

Copy me any time!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AJ, your rhodolite from Gary is absolutely beautiful. I love the cut, color and size :love: :love: I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of the stone as I've never bought from him before.

The supernova from Barry is lovely, as well. It's one I had my eye on also but there was always something else I had to have. Nice to see that you're pleased with it.

I have a couple of gems from Jeff-- his cutting is amazing. Can't wait to see what you're getting from him! Are these some of the stones you were looking forward to buying before you launch in to your diamond project?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I'm in the process of doing an amethyst suite with JKT. I'm going with Design #1 for earrings and #2 for a pendant. I decided against a ring since I have so many of them. Right now we are debating between two tone or just plain silver. What does everyone think about doing the leaf design with rose gold?

amsetd3sarah.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The leaf design is really pretty and stands out as something different from other settings.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

Arjunajane!! Rhodolite has just jumped past Tsavorite on my wishlist. Those are beautiful stones! Yummy!! :lickout:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The designs are beautiful, Sarahbear :love: I think it will look amazing in rose gold. Can't wait to see the completed project!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm going to start a thread on this JKT ring and was going to include these pictures in it... but they make my pics look kinda bad :oops:

So I thought I'd stick them here.

garnringf1.JPG

garnringf2.JPG

garnringf3.JPG

garnringf4.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse said:
I'm going to start a thread on this JKT ring and was going to include these pictures in it... but they make my pics look kinda bad :oops:

oh wow just gorgeous baby nurse! :love: the design looks a lil familiar ;)) What are the gemstones and metals used? they look so pretty together. Admittedly when Julia and I created this design it was rather experimental-I still love mine to death but now that JKT has refined the design I can see myself ordering another for sure. Congrats again you must be really happy ::)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

brandy_z28 said:
Wow AJ! :love: I love your new stones!! :appl: Please post more pics when you can.

Cheers Brandy - will do on the pic front :))

baby nurse said:
AJ, your rhodolite from Gary is absolutely beautiful. I love the cut, color and size :love: :love: I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of the stone as I've never bought from him before.

The supernova from Barry is lovely, as well. It's one I had my eye on also but there was always something else I had to have. Nice to see that you're pleased with it.

I have a couple of gems from Jeff-- his cutting is amazing. Can't wait to see what you're getting from him! Are these some of the stones you were looking forward to buying before you launch in to your diamond project?

Thank you BN for your comments! I had bought a small tsavorite from Gary before and ended up returning it, but I'm pretty sure another PSer grabbed it up though.
I have talked with him about a couple other stones too, he is super nice, friendly and flexible and his cutting really is superb.
Cheers also on the BB oval -
Barry was nice enough to send me 3 pinky red garnets to choose from in person and this was the clear stand out ::)

I can't get enough of working with Jeff, its always such a pleasure! As I mentioned I am also super excited about this upcoming stone as its something I've been seeking for almost as long as I've been on PS and the rough has just never become available...
Jeff has been chatting with me about it for a number of weeks now so I'm really happy to have things decided and underway; this will be my second gem from him and I'd love to own more ::)

Ah, yes - the answer about the gems vs the diamond project thread, is yes and no - I was considering a gem from John Dyer (something I'd still love to do) and had actually budgeted quite a bit more, when the chance to work with JW on the stone came along, and so I ended up with more spare fun $ than I had expected..
combine that with some fortunate timing on my tax refund going through, and thankfully I haven't had to choose one or the other - I am going ahead with my gem purchases and also my diamond is currently in transit to have its custom home created :appl:
So, in answer to your question everything worked out well in the end, thank you for remembering and asking!
I do have one more stone I am really keen on and am trying to decide whether to pull the trigger though.... ;-) :saint:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Everyone nice purchases!

AJ another two lovely stones, the rhodolite is a delicious fine wine colour.

BN you should start your own thread with all of your beautiful gems and rings. :love:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Love that ring BN! :love: I considered that design as well with my last JKT project. :appl: One of my favs and that color combination is AWE-SOME! :bigsmile:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arjunajane said:
baby nurse said:

oh wow just gorgeous baby nurse! :love: the design looks a lil familiar ;)) What are the gemstones and metals used? they look so pretty together. Admittedly when Julia and I created this design it was rather experimental-I still love mine to death but now that JKT has refined the design I can see myself ordering another for sure. Congrats again you must be really happy ::)

The design is lovely, AJ! Kudos to both you and Julia :appl:

The stone is an 8.2mm Malaya garnet with peridots that Julia provided. The metal is 18k green gold.

I really love this ring and I think yours is beautiful, as well. I love the color combination you chose and the fact that you have it for your middle finger. I toyed with doing that too, but then decided to go with the ring finger.

I'm working on thinning out the pictures for my thread; I have something like 24 pics! A little picture heavy so I'm trying to eliminate a bunch :wink2:

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Babynurse,

Well that stone certainly faces up beautifully. I don't log on that often so I missed your thread. Beautifully set, as well. Is there more to come?

Best and a pleasure working with you,

Richard

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse said:
This is an aquamarine asscher I got from Gene at the end of May . It's 3.25 c and 9.07 mm. It was cut from the same piece of rough that Cind11's asscher was cut from.

Here is the pic you asked for Cind11 :wavey:
I love that color for an asscher. I love it

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arjunajane said:
brandy_z28 said:

Cheers Brandy - will do on the pic front :))

baby nurse said:

Thank you BN for your comments! I had bought a small tsavorite from Gary before and ended up returning it, but I'm pretty sure another PSer grabbed it up though.
I have talked with him about a couple other stones too, he is super nice, friendly and flexible and his cutting really is superb.
Cheers also on the BB oval -
Barry was nice enough to send me 3 pinky red garnets to choose from in person and this was the clear stand out ::)

I can't get enough of working with Jeff, its always such a pleasure! As I mentioned I am also super excited about this upcoming stone as its something I've been seeking for almost as long as I've been on PS and the rough has just never become available...
Jeff has been chatting with me about it for a number of weeks now so I'm really happy to have things decided and underway; this will be my second gem from him and I'd love to own more ::)

Ah, yes - the answer about the gems vs the diamond project thread, is yes and no - I was considering a gem from John Dyer (something I'd still love to do) and had actually budgeted quite a bit more, when the chance to work with JW on the stone came along, and so I ended up with more spare fun $ than I had expected..
combine that with some fortunate timing on my tax refund going through, and thankfully I haven't had to choose one or the other - I am going ahead with my gem purchases and also my diamond is currently in transit to have its custom home created :appl:
So, in answer to your question everything worked out well in the end, thank you for remembering and asking!
I do have one more stone I am really keen on and am trying to decide whether to pull the trigger though.... ;-) :saint:

Oh, I'm happy to hear things are going so well for you AJ! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the JW project and seeing some pictures once this gem is complete. How cool to finally have the rough :twirl: :twirl: Working with him IS a pleasure. As I mentioned, I have two of his stones and they're phenomenal.

And I can't wait to see the pictures of your diamond ring :appl: Klewis's is a work of art.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems said:
Everyone nice purchases!

BN you should start your own thread with all of your beautiful gems and rings. :love:

Thank you for the compliment, Lovinggems! I just recently started photographing them and "introducing" them in this thread. They'll each have their own thread eventually, lol!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems said:
Everyone nice purchases!

Thank you LG - that is exactly how I would describe the colour - wine/ merlot.

baby nurse said:
Oh, I'm happy to hear things are going so well for you AJ! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the JW project and seeing some pictures once this gem is complete. How cool to finally have the rough :twirl: :twirl: Working with him IS a pleasure. As I mentioned, I have two of his stones and they're phenomenal.

And I can't wait to see the pictures of your diamond ring :appl: Klewis's is a work of art.

Thanks BN, that's very kind of you!
I really love the colour combo you have chosen for your JKT 3 stone - and with green gold too. It is daring / different but still feminine and not gaudy. I can't wait to see your photos - don't worry, the more the better!

Yes I am stoked to be working again with Jeff, and even more so for the first time with RDG - I believe I have found my true jeweller perfect match in that regard ::)
Cheers lovey!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

lavatea said:
Arjunajane!! Rhodolite has just jumped past Tsavorite on my wishlist. Those are beautiful stones! Yummy!! :lickout:

Thank you Lavatea, I am happy to enable :D Actually that's funny as now I am shopping for a tsavorite!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results