carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

So remember how I had the thread just last week on setting my emerald cut spinels? Well, the runner-up for that project was buying this cushion from Finewater Gems, and I'd finally decided not to do it... but then of course the other night there was the email that everything was 15% off. So guess what happened?????

4908591_orig.jpg

3.07 ct, 8.1 x 8.1 x 6.3mm, VS clarity

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

omg so much activity in one day

Distracts. I totally approve of any and all purchases of cushions - rectangular or square. 8x8 is a perfect size. Congrats!

Katharath. Love the new stackers. Love that you used gold. It's bold like a second gem in the mix I agree with the others who love that Vietnamese violet spinel. Keep your stack growing. I'm getting inspired. And that Ammy. Omg I know you said it would be too big for a ring. But why not??? I would invent an occasion just to be able to wear a gem of that size on my finger

Distracts and LisaRN. Thanks for the comments about my mint pear ring. It's my first (of many ) to shAre with the ps community Lots of fun

And finally NKOTB I can't stop thinking bout that purple garnet. That's a clear reason to temporarily violate my ban.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Sungura - ha!! It has been a busy day in here! Your comments about the ammy made me lol :). I totally understand that for some people that size gem is doable in a ring. It's just a personal preference for me to wear smaller gems on my hand; I don't really like larger than 8-9 mm gems on my fingers. It makes me uncomfortable to go too big. I also prefer somewhat smaller studs for earrings too. My favorite everyday studs are about 7 mm finished size, but the gems are slightly less than 5mm (they're bezel set so the finished size is larger). I think 7- 8 mm finished size studs are the biggest I can go, but I know some people prefer way larger!

And thank you for your lovely comments about my spinels :). I look forward to seeing more of your jewelry here on PS!!

Distracts - you are so funny. I love your collection too! That new spinel is gorgeous, I've been eyeing it for awhile too so I'm not at all surprised that you went for it. Congrats!! But that's the thing about setting stuff - the settings will always be around, but the gem you like might not. I always think it's better to get the gems and then wait to set stuff if I have to. So I think you made the right choice.

Oh and where I got my spinels - I got the pink one directly from Yvonne. The Vietnamese spinel was from a vendor that Yvonne sources gems from - I don't want to say who as I don't think it would be appropriate, but she took me to his booth at a gem show. I saw it there and HAD to have it, it was the only one quite like it, and he had a fantastic booth with tons of really nice spinels and sapphires. But Yvonne was directly responsible for me finding it. She knows a lot of amazing CS vendors!! I have to admit though, it was kind of funny bc I freaked out when I saw it, I knew I had to have it - but she kind of looked at me like, ok ok, calm down there, lol. She's just not crazy about the lavender/ periwinkle spinels personally.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts|1437097513|3903917 said:
So remember how I had the thread just last week on setting my emerald cut spinels? Well, the runner-up for that project was buying this cushion from Finewater Gems, and I'd finally decided not to do it... but then of course the other night there was the email that everything was 15% off. So guess what happened?????

4908591_orig.jpg

3.07 ct, 8.1 x 8.1 x 6.3mm, VS clarity

Gorgeous!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

I can't wait to see your pictures, distracts!! I've eyed that one for awhile. So excited for you! :D

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Distracts- I have been wanting that spinel forever!!!!! I loved the color and the chunky facets. So glad it went to you. :appl: Please post pics when you receive it and your every thought and impression of the spinel. What I want to know- does it turn peachy in fluorescent lighting? Does the cushion have a lot of sparkle like the video?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the chunky facets on your spinel, distracts! I bet you'll get all sorts of sparks of color on that one.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stone distracts! I kept looking at that one also!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pink Spinel Ring. I meant to post this on the what are you wearing today thread, but now I can't delete the post. 015_2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1437403069|3905163 said:
Pink Spinel Ring. I meant to post this on the what are you wearing today thread, but now I can't delete the post. 015_2.jpg

You cannot post a beautiful ring too often LisaRN :naughty:
What a beauty!! Will you wear it as a standalone ring?
Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Acinom! :)

I usually don't wear my CS rings as stand alone rings unless the settings or stones are bigger. The spinel in this ring is just under 2 carats. I don't do delicate very well. Maybe if I had beautiful hands that most of our PS members have I would.

David Klass is creating a setting for my 3.91 raspberry spinel that I think will be a stand alone ring. I am soooooo excited!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, I can relate to that. I covet my larger rings too.
And yay!!! Another David Klass creation for a PSer. He is quite a busy man. Looking forward to see what he creates for you.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Distracts, looking forward to more pics of that spinel! :)

LisaRN, that ring is gorgeous!!!

Waiting for the postman with my purple garnet, hoping I don't miss him when I step out for lunch!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy waiting NKOTB! :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your ring, Lisa! Looks to be the perfect pink, perfect proportions and looks great on you!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you minousbijoux! :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your ring LisaRN!!!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

LisaRN that pink spinel looks perfect with your skin coloring. It gives me hope that I will find the right medium pink color for me. Looks great in the setting and nice size as well!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you NKOTB, Ilovegemstones, and Sungura! :)

I am so impatiently waiting for Distracts to tell and show us her new spinel. I am stalking this thread......lol

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

A little moonstone heaven from A. Brandt and Sons (not my picture but too good not to share!)

And some emeralds while I'm at it

_32630.jpg

_32631.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

While I impatiently wait for Distracts to tell us about her new spinel I sent two spinels to David Klass today. :appl: The plan is for him to create a unique vintage feel ring for the 3.9 carat raspberry spinel. He sent me the CAD which is beautiful. Next- if possible he will switch out my 5 carat andalusite for a 4.6 carat spinel in the platinum and diamond side stone setting that held the andy.

I have grown quite fond of these two spinels so I am a bit nervous, but then tell myself they are in David's hands. As we know colored stones are more risky to love than diamonds because setting them is always a risk. But I just can't wait to see these two beauties set!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1437768402|3907020 said:
While I impatiently wait for Distracts to tell us about her new spinel I sent two spinels to David Klass today. :appl: The plan is for him to create a unique vintage feel ring for the 3.9 carat raspberry spinel. He sent me the CAD which is beautiful. Next- if possible he will switch out my 5 carat andalusite for a 4.6 carat spinel in the platinum and diamond side stone setting that held the andy.

I have grown quite fond of these two spinels so I am a bit nervous, but then tell myself they are in David's hands. As we know colored stones are more risky to love than diamonds because setting them is always a risk. But I just can't wait to see these two beauties set!!!

That's great news Lisa :wavey:
Your stones are certainly in good hands at David Klass. Looking forward to see the finished rings. Will you share a teaser pic of the CAD or wait until the rings are finished?
Happy waiting!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1437769557|3907030 said:
LisaRN|1437768402|3907020 said:

That's great news Lisa :wavey:
Your stones are certainly in good hands at David Klass. Looking forward to see the finished rings. Will you share a teaser pic of the CAD or wait until the rings are finished?
Happy waiting!

For you Acinom I will post a teaser pic. :) This is not the finished CAD. There will be millgrain and engraving added to the ring which will be done in white gold. Also there will be diamonds around the spinel, but not on the shank. Comments and suggestions welcome.

raspberrry_spinel_david.png

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Never posted any pics. At times, it's a little darker than I tend to go for, but the saturation and dispersion make up for it. When this thing is on, it's ON. JW purple garnet.

_32691.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

OMG NKOTB - I LOVE this purple garnet! That color! Amazing, congrats! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1437785213|3907132 said:
Never posted any pics. At times, it's a little darker than I tend to go for, but the saturation and dispersion make up for it. When this thing is on, it's ON. JW purple garnet.

This is gorgeous!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful design. Thanks for sharing Lisa :wavey:
The profile has such a beautiful and intricate design :love:

Since you ask for comments: I would personally soften the corners to highlight the soft shape of your center stone. This is a matter of personal taste though and it might have been a deliberate choice for you. In any case the ring will look amazing!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

NKOTB - please start a thread on your stunning garnet!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB- The color of your garnet is stunning! I do not think I have ever seen a purple garnet this vibrant and the setting is beautiful. :love:

Acinom- - Thank you for your suggestion regarding my ring. David is going to add "lots of millgrain and engraving" so I do believe the ring will have a softer, more vintage look then the preliminary CAD. David has promised claw prongs as well. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How is it in fluorescent?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results