shape
carat
color
clarity

cat in cabin?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Any other PS-ers ever traveled with cats on a long flight? What did you bring? Any tips? To sedate or not to sedate?

Thanks! Flight will be about 6-8 hours, then 2 hr layover, then 2 hours more.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on how well your cat takes traveling. Does he/she yowl constantly, try to escape his/her carrier, panic? If so, you''ll probably want to sedate your cat. I do sort of feel that sedating can do more harm than good. My friend had her cats sedated for a long, cross-state move, and the poor things were SO confused. They still meowed, were unbalanced, and were all cross-eyed. Most cats will just sleep through a plane ride. You might want to bring a disposable litter box so your kitty can relieve himself/herself on the layover. He/she may not want to eat, but it can''t hurt to offer it, along with some water. A towel to go over the carrier during the flight might also be good - sometimes this makes them feel more secure.

Hope this helps!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, he takes the back and forth cab ride to the vet pretty well, but that''s only about 20 mins. He pokes at his carrier a bit, meows the first few mins, and settles.

The cat equivalent of Valium would be the best thing I think--goal is to just keep him calm and as non-stressed as possible. I''m not sure if there is such a thing, even.

Thanks for the towel idea! He has a light, small blanket he sleeps on, I''ll bring that.

What do you use for disposable litter pans? I''m thinking a pie pan or an empty takeout container...something I can crush up and throw away. I''m assuming he''ll need to go at least once during the flight--I hope I can just take him to the on flight bathroom and set up the disposable business.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results