shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat - family coming to visit!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
My baby Slippers doesn''t like anyone other than hubby and myself. Mother in law is coming for a visit for 5 days and I''m tellling hubby that since Slippers hides under the bed when people come, we should put her litter box and food in our room for the time being. He is saying to leave it downstairs where it is so she will have to come out. I don''t think she will and we may have an accident under the bed. What do you think???

Awww scaredy kitty. I agree with you. If kitty hides under the bed b/c that is where she feels comfortable. I would move the litter and food up there. Its no big deal right? And yes, if they are not happy they will go ''potty'' in places they are not supposed to sometimes. I would keep her in your room and keep the door shut for her so she feels safe. And who knows maybe after a day or 2 she will want to come out.

I have the opposite problem! One of my cats thinks she is a person. She hangs out with everyone and at our last party she spilled a whole margarita! Bad kitty!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I am not an expert but if I were the cat I would want to feel like I had a nice safe place to retreat to. It would make me feel much more secure. I imagine how it must feel like to a little cat-"What are all these strange giants doing in my house?"Scary right.

Also at first I read your title as cat family comes to visit. LOL.

Best luck with Slippers.

Mrs.2Artists

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well the *only* problem with it really is that if you do move the liter box, she may alter her behavior and expect it to be under the bed and end up having an accident later when its moved. I don''t know/think 5 days is enough time to alter her behavior but I would leave it where it is. She''ll figure out that she needs to go downstairs to potty, even with company there. Maybe you can try for one night and see how it goes?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Save the poor cat the stress and trauma. Move her food and litter into your room while your MIL is there. All forcing her to go downstairs will do is make her hold it till she can''t take it anymore and decide your room is an okay substitute, or make her hold it till nobody is around, and not eat/drink till people aren''t around. She should come out because she feels confident to do so, not because she is being forced.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also agree and would move her litter and food into your rooms. We do that with our cats and they have no problems.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies, will mover her stuff into our bedroom. Hubby can move downstairs if he doesn''t agree, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results