shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat advice please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 10 1/2 year old indoor/outdoor cat...a Siamese Himalayan mix who has always been in very good health. Today I noticed very large clumps of hair scattered around the backyard (which has never happened before). She is on Advantage, so I''m assuming it''s not a reaction to fleas, and even though it was very hot today, it didn''t seem like the run of the mill summertime shedding. I didn''t notice any bald spots. Is this something I should be concerned about, or should I assume she might have gotten into a tiff with a neighborhood cat? My father is a bit of an alarmist and is always talking about how old she is...how she doesn''t have too many years left...so it leaves me feeling quite uneasy over what might be no big deal (obviously I''d call the vet if the situation persisted). Any words of wisdom would be most appreciated. Thanks!!!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I would think that it was a fight with another cat or possibly something that scared her. BUT I would watch her coat very closely for the next few days and see if she developes bald spots. If she does it could be an infection or possibly stress (my friend''s cat''s fur was falling out in clumps and she had to take cat Vallium (?) I think for stress and she ended up being bald, and she was already three-legged, poor thing!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results