shape
carat
color
clarity

Casual Corner & Petite Sophisticates closing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of the people on this board are into designer clothes, but I''ve always had good luck finding nice, basic clothes at Casual Corner. They have always been reliable for good work clothes that looked nice & weren''t too expensive. They will be closing all locations by the end of the year. Shop now on their website. All sales final.

delphi

Rough_Rock
Oh no! Petite sophisticates was one of my favourite stores... it''s hard to find my size anywhere else.

are you sure they are closing? I couldn''t find anything about it on the web...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 9:26:59 PM
Author: delphi
Oh no! Petite sophisticates was one of my favourite stores... it''s hard to find my size anywhere else.

are you sure they are closing? I couldn''t find anything about it on the web...

me too as far as jackets go!! oh no!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
This out of my local newspaper. I work for them. The article focuses on our local stores, but mentions all. Also, if you look on the website for Casual Corner it says, "All sales final" which is not normal for them.

By the end of the year, or soon after, Casual Corner and Petite Sophisticate stores will close.

Their liquidations at University Park Mall in Mishawaka, and at Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets in Michigan City, are already under way, according to store managers.

A spokesman at Simon Property Group in Indianapolis confirmed the mall closings.

Casual Corner Group''s parent company, Retail Brand Alliance, sold the two stores to Gordon Brothers Group, a Boston-based retail liquidator, so it could focus on its Brooks Brothers business. The brands account for about 1,000 or so mall-based stores.

Casual Corner and Petite Sophisticate operate two separate locations at UP Mall, while one Casual Corner Annex store in Michigan City includes woman and petite departments.

Where does this leave local petite-size women?

Store employees aren''t sure. They say losing Petite Sophisticate will be a disappointment to women who require the smallest of small sizes. Customers more often than not were greeted by name at Petite Sophisticate, because of their frequent visits. Petite sizes are sometimes tough to find at traditional department stores, so let us know if you have good shopping alternatives and we''ll pass them along.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a shame. I loved petitie sophisticate. It''s hard to find decent petite departments in the department stores. Most of them are P for poor, with the exception of Bloomies. They have a pretty good selection for us petite gals.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ladies!! We must commiserate. I also find it defficult finding nice petite clothes. Especially hip lookings duds. Most of the time there is a lot of elastic in the petite department.
emteeth.gif
I found a lot of surprisingly nice suits in Petite Sophisticate. I went into one here in MD and yes they are definitely going out of business. Pretty good sales, 40% on most items.

Kaleigh: I will have to try Bloomies petite department. I have also used Banana Republic and J Crew online, they have a lot of petite styles. Also for comforable clothes JJill is good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results