shape
carat
color
clarity

cartier vs. tiffany watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i''m debating on buying for my fiance a cartier or tiffany watch. whats the pros and cons of each? i greatly appreciate it everyone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe a Cartier will hold it''s value more than a Tiff''s. Cartier timepieces are highly sought after. The selection is greater with Cartier... Not knocking a Tiffany watch, just have owned Cartier, and have been very satisfied. HTH, am sure others will give their perspectives.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany watches are fine, pretty, but they are more known for jewelry and as such I agree with Kaleigh that their timepieces are not likely to hold their value. Cartier is very famous for their watches, while of course the style is great, the movement and mechanics is what makes a watch, the craftsmanship, so I would opt for a Cartier. I own many watches and items of jewelry, I would never likely buy a Tiffany watch but would and have bought Cartier.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I own neither but if I have to choose, I would go with Cartier. Love their Panthere collection.

Do you know what your fiance likes? Do you have a set budget? Hope others will be able to provide you with more info.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, own neither, but would choose Cartier over Tiff in a heartbeat...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''ve owned my Cartier for 17 years. It''s never skipped a beat. The only problem was when I cracked the crystal & water condensated under the glass. I own the classic Tank watch. I''ve always had a croc band. It''s not the most wearable watch for doing anything near water. I replaced wearing it everyday with a Rolex Perp. Date Just. It doesn''t keep anywhere near better time - but is indestrucible.

FWIW, I wouldn''t consider a Tif watch. I think they are more like fashion watches.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Not that you need another opinion now, but Agree with everyone. F&I has it on the money I think. TCo has fashion watches. Not known for their movement. I would get an Omega before a TCo watch... I love the Cartier timepieces they give me almost no trouble.

Cartier is clean, classic and excellent mechanics. If that doesn't do it for him, there are MANY other brands, from Jaeger-LeCoultre, Blancpain, A. Lange & Söhne, Audemars Piguet, Frank Mueller, IWC Iinternational Watch Co.), Movado, Vacheron & Constantine, Patek Philippe, heck even Rolex can get affordable in Steel! If he likes big watches or heavy duty, consider a Panerai or Breitling...

Good luck!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I haven't posted in forever, but thought I would add since I just bought my husband-to-be a T& Co watch.

I would have PREFERED to buy him a Cartier, but the price was much lower on the T& Co and he loved the style and leather band. So for us, it worked. The holding of value was not as important. He also loves (and ownes) Baume Mercier's Hampton which is my all-time favorite men's watch (no clue why!).

I personally LOVE cartier watches and if I could afford the one I like, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I do have a nice new Longines DV and a new Rolex, but everyday I wear a sterling silver Disney watch my grandmother bought for me at Disneyland in CA when I was 13. It is priceless.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
What do these watches run you? I''m looking buy a Catier watch for my fiance too, but haven''t done any research just yet.

tx10

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 4:06:02 PM
Author: blushingbride
What do these watches run you? I''m looking buy a Catier watch for my fiance too, but haven''t done any research just yet.
My fiance and I were just looking at Cartier watches for him this weekend. The large size Tank is $4400. The other two we were looking at (I can''t remember which ones) ran closer to $5000. Tiffany''s are much less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results