shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cartier just called us and quoted us some ridiculous prices.
1.21 G VS1 - ~$17,000
1.50 G VS1 ~ $27,000

Faint.... I do like their setting though.

And I saw in their store 1.25 E IF - ~$33,000
and I thought Tiffany&Co was bad enough...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I see what you mean by ''''ridiculous''''... You''re shopping at one of world''s most prized jeweler and you''re paying the price tag that comes with it. This topic has been overly debated, some think it''s immoral, illogical or pointless to spend so much for something that could be found elsewhere at a much lower price, others think that if you want the real thing, nothing is gonna top that.
2.gif

I don''t know the cut quality of the stones you are considering, but at roughly $10K you can get an almost exact H&A superideal 1.21 ct stone (http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_21ct_g_vs1_h%26a.htm), whereas a superideal 1.50 G/VS1 runs about $16K (http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_50ct_g_vs1_h%26a.htm). To these figures you would have to add the setting actual cost, which I suspect might be in the $700-1000 range. I am assuming you are considering their classic 4-prongs setting.

All in all, I don''t think you''ll get a definitive answer about your stones over here. Some might faint at the price quotes, others might go on and think about the exceptional jewelry pieces Cartier has signed, and find somehow a justification for the figures you''ve been quoted.

Best of luck!

chantheman

Rough_Rock
It is amazing how much these companies think their name is worth.

Sadly, some of the women I dated in my past life are the enablers of these pricing practices.

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock

Honestly that doesn''t sound all that bad to me....

First off, maybe I''m wrong, but i f i had to guess it wouldn''t have been for a plain solitare ring...
If you''re going to one of the formost jewelers around you get something designer. I seriously doubt a cartier setting is comperable to a $700 one, probably more in the range of 2k or so.
are we saying maybe a 7K premium for the pricy stone, and 5 for the lesser?

If you have that kind of money i could see splurging for it. It was not in my mix of choices but if it is a "unique" designer ring it doesn''t seem all that out of line.

Now if we''re talking plain solitare, thats a different story alltogether...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 7:50:52 PM
Author: Chrisk327

Honestly that doesn''t sound all that bad to me....

First off, maybe I''m wrong, but i f i had to guess it wouldn''t have been for a plain solitare ring...
If you''re going to one of the formost jewelers around you get something designer. I seriously doubt a cartier setting is comperable to a $700 one, probably more in the range of 2k or so.

are we saying maybe a 7K premium for the pricy stone, and 5 for the lesser?

If you have that kind of money i could see splurging for it. It was not in my mix of choices but if it is a ''unique'' designer ring it doesn''t seem all that out of line.

Now if we''re talking plain solitare, thats a different story alltogether...
nice take on it.................id be interested to know about the mounting...........the majority of tiffany''s rings would be in plain jane mountings...........thats where i couldnt do it. i need somthing elaborate for the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results