shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier exhibit at Legion of Honor in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
If anyone is local to San Francsico, I would recommend going to see the Cartier exhibit at the Legion of Honor. OMG, the amount of bling going on there is out of control. It's literally room after room of the most over the top jewelry.

So many diamonds that you're desensitized to them by the time you're done. It's absurd that most the average stone sizes are close to two carats or more, in pieces that might have 50 stones in them.

Don't even get me started on the sapphires and emeralds. Again, completely absurd. The colored stones were to die for. I wasn't all that into the diamonds, but the colored stones were unbelievable. The were several pieces made up of sapphires, emeralds and rubies with any of the individual stones being well out of our reach on this board. I guess that's what comes from having socialites of the time trying to best each other in who has the most expensive jewelry.
2.gif

Here's a link that has some of the pieces, though there were hundreds:

http://www.lovetoeatandtravel.com/Site/Sfbay/SF/Fun/legion_of_honor_cartier.htm

This was one of the more simple pieces if you can believe it:

Cartier-and-America_0128br.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results