shape
carat
color
clarity

cartier and america

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
first through the entrance this afternoon for members preview of the Cartier and America exhibition at the Legion in san francisco: go!

actually, there is a lot to see and it gets to be overload.......but the color stones...ok, the diamonds, too....are exquisite. don''t miss the peridot and diamond set. i''m not into tiaras but the citrine one is gorgeous. there is a lot there but the one piece i''d want to walk out with was owned by mrs irving berlin: emerald sugarloaf emerald with emerald baquettes.....stand away from it and see it glow.

lots of rose cut diamonds, rubies, and emeralds with a mix of sapphires thrown in.

highly recommend it!

mz

ps and how about that 10+ carat e-ring that princess grace wore?! not to mention that diamond/ruby set that mike todd bought liz taylor.......sigh.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I wish it was anywhere near me. Lucky you!

Thanks for the report.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
My husband bought me the book for Christmas and we are planning on going for my b-day in January. I saw Princess Grace''s ring in the book - it is actually there?!?!? I have been dying to see it for ages!
30.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Ah now there is a reason for a cross country trip :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, her ring is there! and they have some film clips at the end of the exhibition in which you can see the then grace kelly wearing her ring in a movie scene.....and other actresses with their personal pieces they wore in movies that are also to be seen in the exhibition!

it is worth a cross country trip!

mz

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Wooo hooo! I seriously cannot wait!!! I am excited about all the pieces, but especially Grace Kelly''s!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results