carat
color
clarity

Capybara ❤️❤️❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was not familiar with this beautiful animal til recently...I am in LOVE

"The capybara or greater capybara is a giant cavy rodent native to South America. It is the largest living rodent and a member of the genus Hydrochoerus."

They are GORGEOUS and so sweet. OMG. If you have IG you can see videos of them playing and being lovable and super sweet and their personality is very chill. So cool. I really am smitten with the capybara. I am sharing just in case anyone here would feel the same...I thought some would enjoy learning about the Capybara

Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 2.57.26 PM.png

And the official Capybara song :)

:love:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I love capybaras! I'd never heard of them until two escaped High Park Zoo in Toronto. We lived not too far away, and followed their adventures as staff, and citizens tried to capture them. It was so hilarious! They managed to evade capture for weeks. Enterprising people made Toronto Blue Jays-style hats with capybara on them. LOL!

There are quite a few lovely IG accounts for capybaras. They seem to be really popular in Japan, where there are places to see them and or interact. I loved visiting Japan, and would go back in a heartbeat—I'd add visiting capybaras to the itinerary. :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Mom LOVED them!!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love capybaras! I'd never heard of them until two escaped High Park Zoo in Toronto. We lived not too far away, and followed their adventures as staff, and citizens tried to capture them. It was so hilarious! They managed to evade capture for weeks. Enterprising people made Toronto Blue Jays-style hats with capybara on them. LOL!

There are quite a few lovely IG accounts for capybaras. They seem to be really popular in Japan, where there are places to see them and or interact. I loved visiting Japan, and would go back in a heartbeat—I'd add visiting capybaras to the itinerary. :kiss2:

When was this?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone got any recipes?

Sorry ... but I have a reputation here to keep up. :evil2::evil2::evil2:

The DO look cute.

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Capybaras are the best! We joke in our family that instead of getting dogs, we'll get capybaras as they love a good cuddle

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Capybaras make a surprising musical muse.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them, never knew of them before IG. I think I saw someone who had one and dogs and they all got along and played together.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even know who this guy is LOL but your post reminded me of this meme I saw recently. :razz:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 7.03.53 PM.png

LOL, here's that guy. :bigsmile:
I like his whole schtick!

I get a kick out of how he ... how shall I say this ... "over-pronounces" words.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a kid, I had 3 guinea pigs. Of course I had to know everything there was to know about them so I went to the library and learned all about guinea pigs and capybaras (they’re related). It’s been interesting to see the capybara trend start on Tiktok and continue!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter loves them! She was so excited to see them at the Beardsley Zoo when she was 8 or 9 years old. Too bad the zoo doesn't have them any more-- I'd go back just to see them.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had one in our local pond. It was quite a pest. How it got there nobody knows. Maybe like those Colombian hippos...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
they eat them in some South American countries, i had no idea they could be pets

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 8 year old adores capybaras! She often prattles on about them :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too!!!!

My daughter loves them! She was so excited to see them at the Beardsley Zoo when she was 8 or 9 years old. Too bad the zoo doesn't have them any more-- I'd go back just to see them.

My 8 year old adores capybaras! She often prattles on about them :bigsmile:

They are so precious...I see why your DDs loves them.

When I was a kid, I had 3 guinea pigs. Of course I had to know everything there was to know about them so I went to the library and learned all about guinea pigs and capybaras (they’re related). It’s been interesting to see the capybara trend start on Tiktok and continue!

Yes! Us too. And they do remind me of guinea pigs. I had three and loved them so much. Guinea pigs are the only rodents with lips! I had Casey, Damien and Cornelius. They were such sweet guinea pigs. Loved them so much. I do not belong to Tik Tok but of course have heard about it.

I love them, never knew of them before IG. I think I saw someone who had one and dogs and they all got along and played together.

They seem like very chill and calm animals. Our cats otoh I would not trust around them

I don't even know who this guy is LOL but your post reminded me of this meme I saw recently. :razz:

LOL

Capybaras are the best! We joke in our family that instead of getting dogs, we'll get capybaras as they love a good cuddle

I would so love adding two Capybaras to our family...but it wouldn't be fair to them. They need a body of salt water to be happy since they are aquatic so...even though we have the bay in our backyard it gets too cold here in winter so this is a dream I can never realize. Much to my disappointment.

Anyone got any recipes?

Sorry ... but I have a reputation here to keep up. :evil2::evil2::evil2:

The DO look cute.

They are so cute...and sweet. And smart too

they eat them in some South American countries, i had no idea they could be pets

:( what a shame. They are smart and sweet. In that way they remind me of pigs.

We had one in our local pond. It was quite a pest. How it got there nobody knows. Maybe like those Colombian hippos...

I would love to have these "pests" here LOL. What is that quote...one man's delight is another's nightmare...or I might have just made that up ha

I cannot get the "Capybara song" out of my head LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter!

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 6.42.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 6.42.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 6.43.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 6.43.39 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results