shape
carat
color
clarity

Capucelli - a PSA

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say that sometime after the OP's intial post (to which I responded) I was looking at their site and put something in my cart, but did no more than that. I also got a call on my cell, much to my surprise. It was just one call. Nothing after. So the number is coming from somewhere, but I still have no idea how. I've never had another vendor call me when it has been the same situation (in my cart, but nothing more).

I'm adding that I wasn't as disturbed by it as the OP. More curious than anything. I get so many calls on my cell from entities or spammers and others that I don't know, I guess I'm just used to it. I received no pressure to buy anything, I just told the caller I was undecided and that was it. I guess I'm just used to information being out there in the world and on the net, your age, address, even phone numbers, that I wasn't all that upset. I do know that I put something in my cart. I don't believe I did anything more, but it is possible I clicked "check out" or something like that and then stopped the process. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as they do seem to want to get to the bottom of what happened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of those who would NOT want a phone call under these circumstances. If I am transacting business on the internet, I expect all communications to be via the internet or by snail mail unless I have asked for a phone call, initiated a phone call, or the vendor and I have agreed to a phone call.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think there's been an exhausting level of weirdness here. I wish vendors weren't allowed to come in and dominate this type of discussion. That discourages others from coming forward. My understanding is this forum is for consumers and the OP's post was meant for other potential customers, not all this BS.

Also, this vendor does not seem to have any idea how this is all supposed to go. I can't even imagine what it would be like to try return an item or even have a logical discussion about an order.

P.S. Don't call me. lol

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full chat transcript below. All timestamps in UTC timezone.

^ I think this whole conversation "with Shopify" is just with a bot.

The answer everyone is looking for is along the lines of:

"I am sorry. We hired a new marketing expert and he/she thought this might be good for business. For a hundred reasons, it was not and we apologize for our intrusive actions. It will not happen again -- to you or to anyone else."

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I just really really dumb (don't answer that ;-) )?

I still don't understand how the company got OPs phone number. They keep saying its from shopify, shopify says it wouldn't be possible. So unless we are calling both people in the thread who tested it liars, what is going on?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I still don't understand how the company got OPs phone number. They keep saying its from shopify, shopify says it wouldn't be possible. So unless we are calling both people in the thread who tested it liars, what is going on?

Exactly, which is why I just dont trust them. Because nothing they've said makes sense.

Jsand

Shiny_Rock

Some devices autofill fields like phone number, address etc once you begin checkout. Especially if there’s a payment processor like Shopify who work with lots of merchants that OP might have shopped with before.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some devices autofill fields like phone number, address etc once you begin checkout. Especially if there’s a payment processor like Shopify who work with lots of merchants that OP might have shopped with before.

Neither poster even went to the checkout page.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there's been an exhausting level of weirdness here. I wish vendors weren't allowed to come in and dominate this type of discussion. That discourages others from coming forward. My understanding is this forum is for consumers and the OP's post was meant for other potential customers, not all this BS.

Also, this vendor does not seem to have any idea how this is all supposed to go. I can't even imagine what it would be like to try return an item or even have a logical discussion about an order.

P.S. Don't call me. lol

I have actually appreciated seeing them reply. Without their posts, I might have assumed auto fill or Google/whatever keeping you logged in on pages you never logged into or whatever. With their posts, I see what it would be like to have to get help from them.....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have actually appreciated seeing them reply. Without their posts, I might have assumed auto fill or Google/whatever keeping you logged in on pages you never logged into or whatever. With their posts, I see what it would be like to have to get help from them.....

Good point there.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither poster even went to the checkout page.

I did say that although I don't recall clicking on check out, it's possible that I did that and then stopped. I just don't recall so don't want to say I definitely didn't.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys. I think Shopify somehow stores info when you don’t think you gave them permission. I just bought something from a new vendor and I noticed they used Shopify to check out. So I got to the point of entering my payment info and I was going to use PayPal. I clicked on “continue” and it told me I just bought it. I could not figure out how since I didn’t enter any CC or PayPal info. Then I saw that one of my cc info was already in the payment lines. I know I have used Shopify in the past for a different vendor, just not this one. I think Shopify somehow saved my info, even my cc info. I think it’s some sneaky default setting. Now I have to reach Shopify and delete the cc into! WTH!!! I wonder if it wasn’t the same with the OP. Has anyone noticed this with Shopify?

I get the don’t call me thing. I’m just wondering about the phone number thing.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom I too had a strange transaction with Shopify about a month ago. I was buying a pricey item and went to check out and it automatically completed the sale. No submit order..nothing. Just boom, done! They had all of my info!!! I was nervous but a friend had recommended this vendor so I let it go but… :doh:
Calling customers who have only browsed a site though is definitely over the top!! :hand:

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Feel like I have to just come on and say I purchased this tennis necklace from @capucelli last month. They were nothing but professional and courteous. I do believe that since Covid on-line vendors have developed and implemented new systems to perhaps enhance or help the ease of purchasing for consumers. Always trying to be better at getting us to spend. Yet still trying to protect privacy F5900752-AECB-4120-B38E-FC12521345FC.jpeg

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Feel like I have to just come on and say I purchased this tennis necklace from @capucelli last month. They were nothing but professional and courteous. I do believe that since Covid on-line vendors have developed and implemented new systems to perhaps enhance or help the ease of purchasing for consumers. Always trying to be better at getting us to spend. Yet still trying to protect privacy F5900752-AECB-4120-B38E-FC12521345FC.jpeg

It looks beautiful, but did you get any information about the quality of diamonds used? That is what I am struggling with on their site - zero information on stone color/clarity/etc.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful, but did you get any information about the quality of diamonds used? That is what I am struggling with on their site - zero information on stone color/clarity/etc.

I was just checking that out. Looks like you get some details if you scroll down on the page and expand the description section.

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I was just checking that out. Looks like you get some details if you scroll down on the page and expand the description section.

Maybe I am missing something but here is what i am seeing which includes nothing about actual diamond specs. Feels very shady.

Description
Handmade in New York of polished 14k white gold, CAPUCELLI's Tennis necklace showcases a delicate box chain embellished with dozens of shimmering white diamonds.

Beautiful Diamond Tennis Necklace. A staple in your jewelry collection. Handmade in New York City of polished 14k white gold. This tennis necklace showcases a delicate 3 prongs in line chain embellished with dozens of shimmering white natural earth mine diamonds ( NO Lab Made). Quality to us is important and that is why we hand select our diamonds for premium quality.
- 3mm each diamonds
- 0.10 ct each diamond
- 128 diamonds on a 17inches necklace
- 26.90 gr 14k Gold Weight

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I am missing something but here is what i am seeing which includes nothing about actual diamond specs. Feels very shady.

Description
Handmade in New York of polished 14k white gold, CAPUCELLI's Tennis necklace showcases a delicate box chain embellished with dozens of shimmering white diamonds.

Beautiful Diamond Tennis Necklace. A staple in your jewelry collection. Handmade in New York City of polished 14k white gold. This tennis necklace showcases a delicate 3 prongs in line chain embellished with dozens of shimmering white natural earth mine diamonds ( NO Lab Made). Quality to us is important and that is why we hand select our diamonds for premium quality.
- 3mm each diamonds
- 0.10 ct each diamond
- 128 diamonds on a 17inches necklace
- 26.90 gr 14k Gold Weight

Interesting! Maybe I just clicked one that does include? This is the description of the one I randomly clicked: Screenshot_20220117-122321.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
seems to be on the ready to ship items where you get more information about the diamonds.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I don’t believe in doing business with companies that violate your privacy ...

Then the only way you can ever by anything is to walk into a store and pay cash.

I'm not trying to criticize you.
I hate it too, probably much more than you do but it's just the reality of our world today.

Oh, and that store is probably video recording you.
They may even have hight-tech face recognition that can tap into everything Big Data knows about you ... and add to the data base that you were in their store at that time and bought those things.

I bet it won't be long before when paying with cash at the register (with Bibi on my shoulder) the cashier says, "Thank you, Kenny, and now I can see that Bibi is just as sweet as you post on Pricescope's Hangout.

o_O

Knowing this people can have one of two reactions:
1. Say, F-IT! just give in and accept it.
2. Say, F NO! Fight it, kicking and screaming, several times a day till they die.

I chose 2.

Last edited:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
@kenny fully agree with all points here. It is futile to a large extent - that being said, I’ll still do what I can/keep fighting the good fight for privacy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results