shape
carat
color
clarity

Candle Ceremony Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I was studying looking for shoes, and found this candle ceremony that includes the guests. We were going to have our mothers do some sort of unity candle, and I love letting it flow out. Perfect for a dusk ceremony. The two mothers each light their candle and then pass it back through the WP and with the help of ushers through the rows of guests. Just need permission from the site.

"Each of you are here today because you bring something special to the lives of M. and D. Some of you have known one or both of them for years - and some of you are meeting one of them for the very first time today. But whether you’re an old friend or a newly acquired relation, you have a special place in their hearts. Likewise, you have a special purpose. As beloved family and friends, it is you to whom they’ll turn in the coming years, whether in joy or in sorrow. It is you with whom they’ll share their happiness, and you to whom they’ll bring their pain. You will watch their marriage mature; you will watch their children grow.And when hard times come, and the loving support of friends and family is needed, M. and D. hope to be able to turn to you, just as they will turn to each other.

And so they ask that you commit to them, as they are committing to one another. That just as they pledge to support and protect the other, you pledge to support and protect their relationship, today and always.

When prompted, please answer “We do”.

They ask: Do you offer this man and woman your blessing as husband and wife?

Please say, we do.
(We do.)

And do you offer their marriage your support, as loving friends and family?

Please say, we do.
(We do.)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it would be absolutely beautiful!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love that!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THAT!
9.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
that is a great great idea! very nice!

i love mass at Christmas and Easter when they do this in our congregation. my mom gets tears in her eyes :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great idea!

We didn''t have a unity ceremony (scrapped it at the last minute), but we still wanted to include all of our guests in the ceremony since it was a small family-only wedding. So after our vows we had something almost identical to yours where the guests responded "we do". The guests were really touched that we included them as part of the ceremony and it felt very appropriate because they were our closest family members and we wanted them to know how valuable they were (are) to us. Also, during this time we faced them all and I remember looking out and feeling very thankful for my family--it was a really nice moment in the ceremony. I know it''s not that common, but I loved it and I think you''ll be glad you did it (as will your guests!)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this idea!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I may have to steal that idea since my guest list is only 30 people, all family and super close friends. Thanks so much for posting!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how I love when the entire congregation lites the candles at christmas service... i almost wish we were not getting married during the day because the candle idea looks sooooo cool.

Any ideas how to make it work with something else? Sparklers? Not quite the same effect. Hmmmm. What else?

new england Lady- did you do your family thing before or after you had your I do''s and/or kiss?

Such a cool idea.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2009 11:00:46 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
That brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I may have to steal that idea since my guest list is only 30 people, all family and super close friends. Thanks so much for posting!

How about something like yellow roses? Yellow roses symbolize friendship. (or yellow carnations)

You could have each guest take a yellow flower (if it is silk, they could keep it) and keep it or maybe present it to the bride & groom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results