shape
carat
color
clarity

Canadian Diamond proof and insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond4ever

Rough_Rock
Just purchased a Canadian diamond and have some concerns:

1. It is laser inscribed with a ''Canadian Goose'' with serial number and certificate.
Has anyone heard of Canadian Goose diamonds?

Also, despite the certificate and laser inscription, is there any concrete way to tell if it''s Canadian?

2. How will insurance companies handle replacement of Canadian diamonds?? If I ever need it replaced, I would definitely want to make sure it''s Canadian.

ANy comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is no scientific type test to identify Canadian-ness. I''ve never heard of Canada Goose but there are several companies doing business in Canada. The report should be issued by the government of the Northwest Territories, not by the Goose company. Your appraiser should be able to recognize if it''s genuine.

Insurance companies will generally replace with like kind and quality based on the description in your appraisal. The appraisal should contain every attribute that you consider important, including a statement of branding and a copy of that certificate. The company should replace with another stone of similar brand and origin.

Note: Not all companies behave the same way. Ask your insurance company for details on how they handle claims.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results