shape
carat
color
clarity

Can You SPOT The Murderer?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am gonna say 5, 7 and 9 are not murderers.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read any responses, but I think 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 are murderers. Off to read the rest...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
FINAL ANSWER

The innocent people are 3, 9 and 10

Number 3 was convicted of murder, but DNA evidence revealed that he did not commit the crime and he was released.

Numbers 9 and 10 are people I found by googling "county commissioner". :bigsmile: Number 9 was booked for punching a fellow commissioner, and number 10 is just standing in front of some random curtains.

Number 1 is the one that prompted me to start this thread, because he looks like such a typical teen. Except for killing another teen.

Number 2 is Dee Dee Moore, she shot a lottery winner and buried his body. You may have seen pics of her as a blonde.

Number 4 shot a Venzeluan envoy in Africa.

Number 5 killed his girlfriend.

Number 6, along with 3 other boys, killed a woman in a home invasion. And shot her 11-year-old daughter.

Number 7 shot and killed 6 members of his girlfriend's family.

Number 8 killed 2 sisters in West Virginia.

The point of this thread was to demonstrate that you can't tell who is trustworthy and who is not, certainly not by their looks. That we should all be cautious, because you just never know.

How did you do? Did this quiz make you question your assumptions at all?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1369338300|3452618 said:
I watched a thing on Oprah years ago, before I even had kids, about teaching kids about strangers. They had a controlled situation at a park where the mom was w/the child and then would walk a little ways away and sit, letting the child play alone. The child was approached by a man and the man would strike up a conversation w/the child and eventually ask the child to come w/him and almost every time the child did. Not FIVE minutes after the mom talked to the child about strangers. Sometimes the child would look around for mom, sometimes not. Sometimes the mom would even have walked completely way to where the camera van was and was sitting inside watching everything unfold. My heart was up in my throat watching that. Now that I have kids it borders on hysteria, the thought of someone getting my kids. We talk about it, and they know not to but...they're kids, you know? We can't expect a 6 year old to be responsible like that when I can't get him to remember to flush the toilet.

This REALLY freaks me out! We don't have children yet, but how do you instill the stranger danger thing in kiddos without completely turning them off to people?! This is one thing I'm not looking forward to in being a parent.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1369404955|3453046 said:
FINAL ANSWER

T

Numbers 9 and 10 are people I found by googling "county commissioner". :bigsmile: Number 9 was booked for punching a fellow commissioner, and number 10 is just standing in front of some random curtains.

[all?

I figured this was a trick question and number 9 looked so boring that I was sure he was the one! lol I decided the weird ones were not convicted. If someone looks "off," IRL, I tend to assume they're scary people, but with a question like this, I thought the opposite ones would be guilty.

The woman sure looks angry, but I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt because women are usually the victims.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
ALL strangers, when they approach you - out of the blue - should be eyed as a threat . . . if you are alone or with just one other (might be perceived to be weak) person. I have made an idiot of myself more than once, backing away from some guy in a parking lot, telling him very loudly to "get away from me". But I'd rather be an idiot than a statistic.

I see women, all the time, walking or jogging by themselves. Some PSers may do this. I would not. There is safety in numbers. There is no safety in being distracted by your IPod playlist.

I have ceased going to certain areas of my town, by myself, after dark. I don't use an ATM that I cannot drive up to.

Given the locale of my new job, I will not stay late, by myself, after others have gone home. (And by that, I mean no one could see or hear me if something did happen. I don't mean the "wrong people" live there.)

I do not open my door at home to people I have never seen before; peepholes exist for that purpose. I never go to bed with windows open - no matter how much I like fresh air.

If someone comes to my home to service an appliance, etc., I stay within easy reach of a door and keep my cell phone close at hand.

And I would never give a ride to or take a ride from a stranger. If I think someone needs help, I'll call 911 while remaining in my car with the doors locked.

Safety is a condition we can have some control over. Being oblivious to possible danger is what a predator counts on.

And, no, I'm not a 'fraidy-cat. I'm just aware that I can't trust everyone. So I don't.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read ahead.

It doesn't seem fair to these men to go by one picture to judge if they look like a killer.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
FancyPants- Yes, I saw that Oprah episode too. It is frightening. But I'm sure you'll keep an eye on your child, which is also important. I was at a mall yesterday, and this beautiful little girl, around 4, was wandering around by herself. Whenever I see a loose child, I look around for the frantic mom. I didn't see one! I think her parents were in the nearby jewelry store, but she was outside the store, smiling at strangers. It really sickened me.

I really think that elementary kids need classes in self-defense. When I was in kindergarten we had a police man come and talk about "Stranger danger" Do they do that anymore? It also amazes me that most police departments don't offer self-defense.

MC- That's the thing, even if they don't look "off" they very well could be "off".

HollyS- All excellent advice, thank you! I think you should start a thread with your advice and see what others have to add.

My favorite piece of advice is to yell "Fire", instead of help. Supposedly people come to help when someone yells fire.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didnt guess but I just saw a story about a teenager who killed his girlfriend (stabbed her) because she broke up with him. He hid her body. He went home with blood on his legs and his mom questioned him. He told her what he had done and she turned him in.

A lot of parents wouldn't turn their kid in, so I applaude her for doing the right thing. What the heck is with our teens today. It always shocks me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results