shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you spare some PS dust? (Health related)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, Lil Misfit! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you today Lil Misfit. This will be behind you soon!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and checking for updates! Lots and lots of dust and prayer!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope it went well and you are able to enjoy some yummy pie!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. The biopsy went ok. There was a lot of pulling and tugging because the surgeon had a hard time getting the needle through some fibrous tissue in my breast. It was a core needle biopsy and he took 4-5 samples and put a clip in. Then I had a mammogram to verify the location of the clip. He said to call his office on Friday for the results. The good news is that the size hasn't changed much since last month. It was pretty uncomfortable and my right hand was shaking the whole time. But, I didn't cough once, which is something I was worried about since I'm still getting over bronchitis. I sucked on cough drops the whole time, which I think helped. Everyone was very nice there and explained things to me in very detailed fashion, so I felt comfortable. Well, as comfortable as one can be when having a needle stuck into their boob and having things sucked out. :sick:

I made DH take me out for breakfast and pie afterward and it was lovely. I'm home now and there's a little bit of pain, but no bruising yet that I can see. I wore an ice pack in my bra for a few hours afterward, to hopefully minimize the bruising.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers and I'll be sure to update once I get the pathology report. The waiting is going to be the worst part... :errrr:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You deserve pie for breakfast out every day for going through that like a noncoughing trooper!

Seriously, I know a lot of women who have been through that and its difficult. You did just great :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it's hard to wait for the pathology to come back, but try to stay positive and think "happy" thoughts. Shut the dark thoughts down!!
You will be well. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad your biopsy went okay. :wavey: I hope you don't get too sore.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad the procedure is behind you now, and that it went ok! Sounds like you handled it well, you really are a trouper - continued positive thoughts being sent your way LM!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Awesome that it is over!

Now the ball is in their court. That's how I see it. The ball was with you, meaning you were active and had the procedure. Now the ball is with them and they will be active and do the pathology. Hopefully that is the end of it!

Congrats on getting thru it. Treat yourself extra well. You deserve it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad everything went well and thats behind you...try (yes, try hard) to relax until you get the results back.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad the biopsy is over. Only one more day of waiting and you can put this behind you. Keep positive thoughts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! So glad the biopsy is over. Hang in there and keep thinking positive thoughts and we will continue keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))).
And can I just say yummy pie for breakfast every day gets another vote from me!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1405547242|3714662 said:

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers and I'll be sure to update once I get the pathology report. The waiting is going to be the worst part... :errrr:
LM, stay positive and everything will be fine..
bighug5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful thoughts and lots of dust! Sounds like you came through the procedure very well!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE: The surgeon's office called me tonight and the mass is BENIGN!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am SO relieved! I seriously felt a huge weight just lift off my shoulders after that phone call. I have to go back in 6 months for a follow up ultrasound, but for now, all is good.

Thanks again to everyone who supported me and offered up their good vibes/thoughts/prayers. They truly were appreciated. PSers are awesome people and I'm so happy to be a part of this community! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so very happy for you Lil Misfit! That is the best news!!! Now you need to celebrate!!!!!!!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You must be so relieved. I know everyone was telling you not to worry. I kept thinking of all the awful things that went thru my mind when I went through my scare and kept hoping you weren't thinking the same things. I'm so happy for you Misfit.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1405643636|3715428 said:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You must be so relieved. I know everyone was telling you not to worry. I kept thinking of all the awful things that went thru my mind when I went through my scare and kept hoping you weren't thinking the same things. I'm so happy for you Misfit.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yes, I was thinking every awful thought imaginable. I'm a planner, so I was planning what I would do if it came down to "What if?".

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such good news LM!! I'm so happy for you. :dance:
Makes like life a little sweeter doesn't it?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is fantastic news LM! Very happy and relieved for you!
yippee10.gif

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I just looked at my breast in the mirror and it's very red/irritated looking about 3-4 inches up and down/around the incision site. Is this normal? It didn't look like that this morning. It was quite itchy earlier (not at the incision site, but below it), so I did scratch it a little bit. But a lot of the redness/irritation is above the incision site. It almost looks like a perfect "L" or rectangular shape. I'm trying not to freak out, but can't help but be curious as to what's going on...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome. I am so excited for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1405642383|3715418 said:
UPDATE: The surgeon's office called me tonight and the mass is BENIGN!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am SO relieved! I seriously felt a huge weight just lift off my shoulders after that phone call. I have to go back in 6 months for a follow up ultrasound, but for now, all is good.

Thanks again to everyone who supported me and offered up their good vibes/thoughts/prayers. They truly were appreciated. PSers are awesome people and I'm so happy to be a part of this community! :love:

WOOHOO!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so relieved and happy for you lil misfit!!! That is amazing news and I hope you and your dh take a little time to celebrate with something special. Big hugs to you!!!!

Lil Misfit said:
Thanks everyone. I just looked at my breast in the mirror and it's very red/irritated looking about 3-4 inches up and down the incision site. Is this normal? It didn't look like that this morning....

See how it looks tomorrow. As long as it is not infected/no pus coming from it then it is probably normal. They did cut you open to biopsy the tissue. If in the morning it doesn't look right call the office. Don't hesitate if you are nervous. Don't worry about it now though and take a deep breath. You just got amazing news woohoo!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1405645830|3715455 said:
Thanks everyone. I just looked at my breast in the mirror and it's very red/irritated looking about 3-4 inches up and down/around the incision site. Is this normal? It didn't look like that this morning. It was quite itchy earlier (not at the incision site, but below it), so I did scratch it a little bit. But a lot of the redness/irritation is above the incision site. It almost looks like a perfect "L" or rectangular shape. I'm trying not to freak out, but can't help but be curious as to what's going on...

If it still looks strange to you tomorrow morning, call the doctor. It's always best to play it safe. You don't want to worry about it over the weekend.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1405645830|3715455 said:

Yeah I don't think what you are seeing is abnormal for the proceedure. In an Ultrasound guided biopsy, the site of entry is not always right where the lesion is. The transponder has to locate it and the Radiologist or Surgeon has to work around it to get to the lesion. In other words, it can be an inch or so in any direction from the enty point. Pain, redness, bruising are all normal. If it doesn't look better in a day or so call your Doc. In the mean time ice and Advil.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh happy day. Congrats on the GREAT news! That wait is terrible...whew!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great news! Sooo happy for you :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1405642383|3715418 said:

Totally thrilled for you!! What wonderful news! Now you can enjoy the weekend. Way to go!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results