shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you see Micky Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
I remember couple of years back, before I knew anything about diamonds, someone showed me her ering which she says you can see a micky mouse inside if you look with a scope. how is that possible? I know she bought the ring from a reputable jewelry store in Asia

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Maybe her stone has a mouse shaped inclusion?
21.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Back when we bought and sold estate jewelry we came accross a diamond which appeared to have a santa in a sled with reindeer pulling it. You might say it was a pretty good sized inclusion. I had a good jeweler make a platinum and yellow gold snowflake pin/pendant for it and it only went out to a retailer one time and it got sold. A noted GIA photographer, John Koivula, made a photo of it which undoubtedly help make the sale. It was a very special diamond with that unusual inclusion.

I thought it might be a good niche to buy diamonds which had inclusions which displayed an image found in the larger world, but found that there are really lots of others actively searching for the same kinds of diamonds. I was surprised that something which I had never heard about was already a well filled niche, but that''s how things go. I have not seen a really interesting inclusion for years, until last week, when I saw a comet with a long curved tail in a diamond. You rarely see a long, slightly curved slender feather nearly the total width of a diamond''s table.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I once saw a fairly diamond cut in the shape of the state of Texas. Inside there was a ruby crystal placed right where Dallas would be on a map. This was surely planned from the moment someone saw the rough and the cutter recognized this as a possible opportunity to sell an otherwise pretty marginal stone. I don’t know if they got their asking price or not but I’m waiting for someone to try and promote a wonky I2 princess as being the shape of Colorado with the rocky mountains in it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Neil;

Lots of I2''s around with big black "Boulder''s" in them are readily available.
31.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/24/2007 9:57:09 AM
Author: oldminer
Neil;

Lots of I2''s around with big black ''Boulder''s'' in them are readily available.
31.gif

Good thought. I’ve seen a few that are reminiscent of a snowstorm at Vail as well.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/24/2007 9:35:34 AM
Author: denverappraiser
I once saw a fairly diamond cut in the shape of the state of Texas. Inside there was a ruby crystal placed right where Dallas would be on a map. This was surely planned from the moment someone saw the rough and the cutter recognized this as a possible opportunity to sell an otherwise pretty marginal stone. I don’t know if they got their asking price or not but I’m waiting for someone to try and promote a wonky I2 princess as being the shape of Colorado with the rocky mountains in it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver
Funny..., what a small world..., I remember seeing this Diamond quite a few years back at some trade-show...

I bet they still have it...
23.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I did see a cool rough octahedron which had a couple of featers right in the middle which appeared as a Star of David from all viewing positions...

I even offered to purchase it..., but the owners insisted its not for sale!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Who was it that had the "Star Trek Runabout" inclusion in the diamond (I think this was on PS?). That was a pretty creative description, and it really did look like it. Good salesmanship...the inclusion has been in the diamond for millions of years, but that value-add has only been possible for a handful.
2.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are so funny!

I swear I heard this Mickey Mouse thing before too. I think it was related to some branded diamond cut rather than an inclusion. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
i think the one my friend showed me is some kind of branded thing. it''s not an inclusion, but maybe some kind of imagine that was put on the diamond which can be viewed at certain angle...not sure how

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
No - it wasn''t something put into or on the diamond. It was just something you could see due to the way the facets were cut.

This is going to start driving me crazy! I remember this from about ten years ago - the first time I ever went diamond shopping. The salesperson was trying to see me on a diamond (this was in a mall I think) and they had it mounted so you could look at it through the microscope. The salesperson made a big deal about how you could see Mickey Mouse. I remember that you could - but it was always Mickey Mouse upside down. Anyhow, my thought was that I didn''t really want Mickey Mouse lurking in my diamond!

Does anyone remember any branded diamonds that came out or were the big new thing in the late 90''s? I got the impression this was a new thing at that time....

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
couldn''t find anything on mickey mouse. i did find dinosaurs, palm tree, golf club and the space shuttle.... lol. sorry
face17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results