shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you see H&A in a .38 carat diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wcduke

Rough_Rock
Hi.

I recently viewed a H&A .38 carat, F VS1, AGS 000 round diamond through the H&A scope and had a little trouble seeing the hearts on the one side and ALOT of trouble seeing the arrows on the other side. The jeweler made the comment that the arrows were difficult to see because the diamond is only .39 carat, and that they are easier to see on a larger stone.

I was wondering if her statement is true, that the arrows are difficult to see because of its size. OR, is diamond just a poorly cut H&A round diamond, perhaps?? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
26.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
My mom''s H&A is about .45 and I had no problem seeing the crisp arrows. You can even see them with your naked eye pretty clearly in the right lighting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no problems seeing the H&A in my melee diamonds on my wedding band of 7 0.05ct each using the viewer. The arrows are very crisp and clear. I am also able to view the arrows easily on my 0.42ct pendant with the naked eye in the correct lighting condition.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see the arrows fine on my .15ct diamond just fine by using a cardboard tp roll as an h&a scope.

sdm

Rough_Rock
I recently bought diamond stud earrings, .34 and .33, and can clearly see the arrows using the H & A scope.

wcduke

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much for your help!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll chime in as well and say that both on my earrings which are .38c each and the stone in my hubby''s ring which is a .38c...all 3 stones are ACA H&A, and you can sometimes even see the H&A in regular lighting in his ring stone, and I have no problem at all seeing the arrows. I even took some pix of his stone and posted them on here with perfect arrows through the IdealScope and H&A. Yum.

Sounds like this jeweler may be feeding you a line and this stone is possibly not quite H&A. Or maybe the viewer is faulty or not being used correctly? Through a viewer, I can sometimes even see the arrows in my .02c H&A melee on my wedding ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results