shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you resize a LOGR Legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Can you resize a LOGR Legacy by about a half size? (I''m looking at a used one.) I''ve never owned anything with melee on the shank and am not familiar, is why I''m asking. (Yes, I know it sounds like an ignorant question
15.gif
. . . sorry.

Thanks.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
They offer a resizing service when you order the ring. I think if you search the thread people recommend getting the ring resized at the time of purchase due to the way the ring is set. Its not a big fee either, I think $10? You''ll see it on the listing.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 5:32:13 PM
Author: winternight
They offer a resizing service when you order the ring. I think if you search the thread people recommend getting the ring resized at the time of purchase due to the way the ring is set. Its not a big fee either, I think $10? You''ll see it on the listing.
Sonoma is looking at a pre-owned LOGR ring
2.gif

If it''s only half a size, talk to a bench jeweler first and ask them, maybe show them a picture? I would think it will be ok to resize half a size down without a problem from a skilled bench jeweler

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
What about sizing beads/speed bumps? That should take up a half size, shouldn''t it?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you buy direct from LOGR they offer a sizing service and I think what happens is that they have many of the same rings in different sizes so they may not actually resize but they may have one already made (that''s just an assumption by the way).

However, if you''re buying it second hand as you mentioned, be careful if the setting has melee. Many of their settings are cast so basically the diamonds are put in with the wax and made with the ring (not quite the correct way to explain it) but the diamonds are not put in individually when the setting has been made.

This means that the prongs are very tiny and resizing where the shank enlarges or contracts, may loosen the diamond setting by pulling apart or moving the tiny prongs. So you could compromise the setting. Diamonds can work loose either straight away, shortly after or even within a few months.

Nothing is impossible though. A good jeweller can of course re-size anything but the work involved in checking a cast melee setting after can make it time consuming and therefore costly.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 5:38:37 PM
Author: D&T

2.gif

If it''s only half a size, talk to a bench jeweler first and ask them, maybe show them a picture? I would think it will be ok to resize half a size down without a problem from a skilled bench jeweler
Lol, just when I think I know what''s going on and can offer some advice.
41.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It should be ok. I had an LOGR Legacy set for my mom''s friend but guessed on the size and it was a full size and half too small. I took it to a good bench jeweler and they were able to resize it from a 4.5 to 5.75 no problem.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. :)

Yep, used, not from LOGR directly.

Sparkle - that's it ! Perfect. I loooove sizing beads. Excellent.

Don't worry about it Winter. I misread/misinterpreted a question a week or two ago, myself.
3.gif
Love your name, btw. (I am a huge fall/winter lover !)

Thanks dear wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable friends.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Im pretty sure they can resize melees 2 sizes w/o the prongs stretching too far out. I would also take the pic to a jewler to be sure.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 5:55:31 PM

Date: 1/21/2010 5:38:37 PM
Author: D&T

They offer a resizing service when you order the ring. I think if you search the thread people recommend getting the ring resized at the time of purchase due to the way the ring is set. Its not a big fee either, I think $10? You'll see it on the listing.
2.gif

If it's only half a size, talk to a bench jeweler first and ask them, maybe show them a picture? I would think it will be ok to resize half a size down without a problem from a skilled bench jeweler
Lol, just when I think I know what's going on and can offer some advice.
41.gif
hehee...no worries, I do it ALL the time
37.gif
mis read something....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My previous jeweller refused to re-size my LOGR and my new jeweller would rather not. I only have one LOGR and it fits but I asked about re-sizing just for my own future reference.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler has looked at my LOGR''s, and said they wouldn''t have a problem resizing them. I think it really depends on the skill of your jeweler.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:13:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
My jeweler has looked at my LOGR''s, and said they wouldn''t have a problem resizing them. I think it really depends on the skill of your jeweler.

I agree. I asked a few jewelers (this was back home, not in Chicago) who hemmed and hawed and wanted to charge an insane amount to size it. My impression was that they were not so confident in their bench skills, especially when I said there was melee on the shank (though I did mention that it stopped halfway down). The jeweler I ended up going with was a good pick - they charged a reasonable price, was confident they could do the job, and they sized it with no problem - the ring looked great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results