shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me find this setting/or similar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Can you help me find a similar setting that would hold a 1.5 carat RB?

http://www.baileybanksandbiddle.com/catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=16417099&queryby=c&categoryId=1896&pageNum=0&sortType=rank+ASC%2c+price+ASC&newFilter=&parentSearchId=-1&dispOnly=0&gnFlag=0

Be sure to look at the side view. This one is no longer available, and also looks like it was made for a smaller diamond.

I also like the Whiteflash Uprong, which is similar, but they only sell it with their diamond.

I really like the look of the prongs, with no bar across the bottom of the head.
I need it to be yellow 14K or 18K gold.

Thanks for any help!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
The BBB setting reminded me of this Scott Kay.

M0722RD20FP_QR_l.jpg

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I love that one too, but I think I would prefer it without the side stones.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Know what - I looked at the BBB one again, and it says at the top of the page: " 19K Gold Semi-Mount by Scott Kay"! You could find another dealer that carries Scott Kay and have them order this setting for you. Who do you want to buy the diamond from? You can search for a Scott Kay supplier on their website, HERE. If worse comes to worse, it wouldn't be a difficult setting to have custom-made, and it might be cheaper than the Scott Kay brand.

ETA: The fact that this one looks as though it's made for a smaller stone is not a problem. Ring heads can be ordered to fit a wide variety of stone shapes and sizes. You'd have to talk to the particular supplier, but IMO, 1.5ct is not an unusually large diamond to be setting in a Scott Kay ring, so it shouldn't pose a problem. If you had a 15ct RB, that's a different story.
2.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
From bluenile.com, Contour Setting for Larger Diamonds - similar without surprise diamonds. Holds RB's 1.0 to 5.0 ct
DM01300400_zoom.jpg

And Ridged Contour Setting, holds RB's 0.20 to 2.10 ct
DM01300200_zoom.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
This ring by Vatche is sort of like yours, but I like the prongs and head on that Scott Kay setting better. I suggest trying to track the original down.

vatchering.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that the original is my favorite. You should give Bill Pearman of Pearman''s Jewelers a call or send him and email, he''s always quick to reply and could definitely help you track it down if it can still be found.

EZ

Rough_Rock
WF has said that they will work with me on building a ring to my specs. I am sure that they and other I-jewlers and BM-jewlers would do the same for you. Regarding Vatche as posted in another thread; I have heard that Vatche is closed for the summer and that if you do not find the ring you want in stock somewhere then it could be months before it is made.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think Vatche is/was only closed for a couple of weeks. If you still like the Scott Kay design i think it would be worth it to try and track it down.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only that ring holsds a smaller diamond (.75 cts, they say) but I can hardly imagine it would keep it''s current looks with a larger stone in it. Those prongs will need to get allot heavier to hold shape holding a larger stone that high (it is a relatively high setting)... Anyway, it may be worth asking some Scott Kay retailers if they might have it (online try weddingband.com - they list Scott Kay the brand, but not this design in particular).

In the meantime, you might want to take a look at the websites presenting the work of a couple of custom jewelers: Mark Morell (at mwmjewelry.com ) and ''Platinumsmiths'' (at platinumsmith.com.au). Neither has a ready-mae design along these lines - not surprising given that all the pieces there follow random customer orders, but a couple of pieces seem to come close in style, in my opinion. If at all inclined to go the custom route, you might want to ask the jeweler of your choice (be it one of these guys or not) if they could schetch a verson of the SK ring practical for a larger stone. Honestly, some of the designs there look allot better to me - but this is just me, and the ring is your task
2.gif
Just IMO

Two vaulted rings from Platinumsmith

DSCN5783_Assorted.jpg

DSCN6872_Assorted.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ana I love that first one!!!
30.gif
That is truely an orignal peice of art..love it!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Well, Ana, you may have a point about it getting too big if made for a 1.5 carat instead of the .75 carat shown in the pic.

I would hate to find it, have it made by Scott Kay and have it seem too chunky, I really want it to have an elegant look that''s why I like the sweeping style.

I think I''ll try to find a jeweler here that has some in stock that would maybe be similar to try on at least to make sure. I received an email from Bill Pearlman who says that he could get the original one from Scott Kay custom made for my stone...........so maybe?! Also, another person on the forum emailed me privately about a contact for possibly locating it too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results