shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone run these numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
AGS0 Ideal cut. 0.745 carat
AGS0 D color, AGS2 VVS2
5.83 x 5.86 x 3.64
54% table
62.2 Depth
35.7 Crown angle
41.0 pav angle
No culet
No Flour.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, the HCA gives a 4.5 which is "Good only if price is your main criterion" I agree. I am not loving those numbers at all. I would have to pass if it was me. You have to decide for yourself, though.
2.gif

shay

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
I really like this stone though, so I''m still not sure if I want it or not based on those numbers. Next to a similar sized HoF it "threw" off more fire and sparkle. Actually out of the 20 or so stones I looked at I kept going back to this one because it was so nice. Maybe it was the polish, it''s ideal polish, ideal symmetry and ideal proportions on the AGS report. Will an ideal polish have anything to do with it looking shinier? Out of all the stones I looked at it was in the 75% range as far as price goes but it just looks better than the rest. I guess in the end it all comes down to what I perceive it to be, the stone looks great to me. I couldn''t find the one pinhole that was on the cert. And it just appeared to be a better stone than the HoF and the two AGS000''s that I looked at. I guess I''ll keep looking but for now this is the front runner!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, let''s lay it on the line here. You have seen the stone. If it''s the prettiest contender out there, why do you need an HCA to tell you that? You have seen it. If it''s gorgeous, buy it and the heck with the numbers.

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep...if you''ve seen it and loved it...go for it! hca doesn''t account for optical (different from lab graded!) symmetry. super optical symmetry could be helping this stone look so good. don''t second guess your eyes.
4.gif

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
I KNOW, I KNOW!!!! But it''s so hard for me.... I want the best. I know no one is going to ask to see the cert. when they are looking at it. But if I know it''s not the best I could do for my gf then I''ll have to live with that knowledge and I''ll constatly be questioning myself. I took my Mother with me shopping and she said it was the prettiest also, and she has tons of diamonds from my Father spoiling her the last 35 years.
But it really was the best one I looked at, maybe not according to the Certs, but to my eye it was and maybe thats all that matters. Besides, I''m getting a great price for that stone if I decide I want it. It is a D color, ideal cut and a VVS2. Maybe your right, to heck with the numbers!!! I guess I just needed some reassurance, thanks Shay. I think I''ll be stopping in on the way home to get it!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 12:00:55 PM
Author: klavigne
I KNOW, I KNOW!!!! But it''s so hard for me.... I want the best. I know no one is going to ask to see the cert. when they are looking at it. But if I know it''s not the best I could do for my gf then I''ll have to live with that knowledge and I''ll constatly be questioning myself. I took my Mother with me shopping and she said it was the prettiest also, and she has tons of diamonds from my Father spoiling her the last 35 years.
But it really was the best one I looked at, maybe not according to the Certs, but to my eye it was and maybe thats all that matters. Besides, I''m getting a great price for that stone if I decide I want it. It is a D color, ideal cut and a VVS2. Maybe your right, to heck with the numbers!!! I guess I just needed some reassurance, thanks Shay. I think I''ll be stopping in on the way home to get it!!
you obviously love this stone klavigne...you are doing the right thing getting it.

congrtulations!!
36.gif

please post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results