shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help us to see if this is a good princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlueReneeNeko

Rough_Rock
Me and my bf have been searching for a good princess cut diamond for half an year but still can't find a princess we like.
We saw this princess on goodoldgold.com~~~
Can someone tell us if this is a good princess?
5.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_1_83ct_f_vvs2.htm

Thank you.
2.gif

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Have you spoken with the company yet? I recommend you do if you haven''t then come back here... Chris

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It has very good light performance and will out perfom almost every princess you will see.
It will also have a great spread, but this is at the expense of the risk of chipping re the thin girdle.

If you buy it, have the vendor set it. I would not set a princess like this unless I was making the margin on the stone - and many other custom designers will tell you the same.
Do not set it high in an exposed setting eiother where it could chip.
Ask that the corners be polished off to make them less likely to chip.
And take an all risks policy out on it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First thing after reading your Q... it got me thinking: wouldn''t 2.3cts or so G/VS2 be more to look at ?
2.gif

It didn''t take long to figure out that #1. not many two carat princess cuts would be any larger because this one is rather large for its weight to begin with. And at least among the ones with some cut pedigree, you may find the price as a pleasant surprise!
6.gif
even taking lower clarity (say, down to that safe bet of VS2 - no further).

I am not finding any good argument in favor of something else.

The ''very thin'' girdle is mentioned on the lab report but then, I''d do what Garry says with any princess cut. Those corners are better kept safe regardless of the girdle thickness detail. Hopefully, it is not overly thin all the way aroud the stone, and that the current owners of the stone can clarify anyway.

Just my 0.2.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Stone has to be seen to make an accurate conclusion.

Where the girdle is very thin is important along with what percentage of the girdle is thin.

Surface graining in the comments needs to be analyzed as well.

Rockdoc

BlueReneeNeko

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to recut to increase the girdle size?
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results