shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at princess cut diamonds, I don''t really know a whole lot about them. I''m trying to do research but i still don''t know hardly anything. How does this princess cut sound. I''m willing to sacrifice some quality for size. If you could help I''d appreciate it.

Report: EGL
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.50
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 76
Table: 70
Girdle: M F
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.48-5.97X4.54
Length/Width: 1.09

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jbutler17, welcome to the forum.
21.gif
the numbers look ok but they are inconclusive. Some more info can be helpful: is it graded by EGL USA? What is the price? Can you see and compare it? Are you buying online or from a local vendor?

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
the price is 5700 and as far as i know it is EGL USA. The online vender is whiteflash

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
what kind of more information would be helpful??

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you SURE you want to compromise cut quality for size??? Dem''s fightin'' words around here!!! :)

I''d rather see you sacrifice clarity and color for size - but NEVER cut quality.

Call Whiteflash, have them bring the stone in for a lookover / workup. They''ll tell you if it isn''t "all that"! They may also be able to help you sort through the VAST number of available princesses out there to get you the biggest (if that''s your number one criteria) stone that still looks good - you can buy a pretty big rock for not a lot of money, if you like the look of "frozen spit" as they say...

Whiteflash is great - call or e-mail them (hopefully they are or will soon be back, as they all ran from Hurricane Rita). They - or any other vendor here - will be able to help you find what you want, and they''ll be able to LOOK at the stone for you!

Look here for a couple of big princesses that are lookers, but of a little warmer color.

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
It said that the Cut was very good. I thought that wasn''t a concern. I guess i''m wrong though. I''ll take a look at the link you posted. THanks

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2005 5:28:53 PM
Author: jbutler17
It said that the Cut was very good. I thought that wasn''t a concern. I guess i''m wrong though. I''ll take a look at the link you posted. THanks

It''s very difficult to evaluate a diamond based on numbers alone, and even if the numbers are "perfect" the look may not be - there are certain combo''s of angles that allow for different light return to your eye. Jonathan (aka Rhino) from Good Old Gold just recently finished a Princess cut tutorial on his site - you''ll learn a lot from it.

Is this the stone you are looking at on WF? If so, I don''t see mention of cut quality anywhere - the polish is Very Good and the symmetry is Good, but at this time no one but AGS issues a "cut grade" per se.

If you don''t mind my asking, is your purchase driven by a price limit? What is your budget? (we like to hunt out potential pretties for people!)
2.gif

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
The cut according to EGL is "Very Good" I''m trying to keep the diamond under 6000 and then spend up to 1000 on a setting. Thats what I''m kind of budgeting right now. I''m really just trying to get the best bang for my buck probably like most people. Of course I want the biggest diamond I can get but I still want it to look amazing as well.

Thanks for everyone''s help so far, this is actually starting to get fun!! I''m enjoying reading a bunch of stuff and its awsome that people are being so helpful. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results