shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me confirm if this a good purchase?

Jsltrie

Rough_Rock
Hello! Im very interested in purchasing this ring, but have no experience with vintage jewelry so am a little out of my depth. Mostly wondering if the price looks good (it does to me??) and how wearable the item/vintage rings are in general - can I wear it every day or more special occasions only? Also the band is slightly misshapen due to wear.

Description: three stone amethyst 15K gold ring. 6FB2A78F-93B5-4B14-8146-68E9D136097E.jpeg AFEFF497-F91C-4EEF-A153-2E36CA7B4897.jpeg The stones are set into an intricately engraved 15K gold band. The band features geometric triangular patterns as well as starburst and floral designs. The band is fully engraved. I do not recommend resizing this band as it would disturb the engraving as well as the hallmarks, which are pristine. The ring is fully hallmarked 15 Birmingham 1878. It is in good to excellent antique condition. Total weight 1.6g. M (6 1/4)(53)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I missing the price? I don’t see it listed.

I have to say that those bezels are very distracting since they are so misshapen. It has obviously been well worn since the band is out of round but I almost wonder if the stones are replacements and that’s why the bezels look the way they do.

Jsltrie

Rough_Rock
Sorry, the price is around 500 usd.
Thanks for pointing out the bezels - they are distracting. I thought it was just due to use, but perhaps replacement! That would make me far less inclined.

Jsltrie

Rough_Rock
I thought the bezels were maybe a weird design choice, but they *do* look concerning now that I’m thinking of it differently

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
This seems extremely expensive If you just look at the materials. Amethysts are cheap anyway and these stones are very shallow and the gold is very thin / lightweight. I’m no expert on vintage jewellery but unless there is some rarity / antique value I’m missing $500 sounds toppy.

Jsltrie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments!
Honestly, i had a really immediate reaction when I saw it as I was randomly scrolling online, which isn’t common for me. I have been looking for a ring with purple stones, but I can definitely hold out for something higher quality.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion is the price is high especially for the condition of the bezels. Not trying to yuck your yum but I would keep looking, I bet you will find another that makes the heart go pitter patter.

I actually went through this recently with a cluster ring, the center diamond had a chip and crack across the table but the presence was perfect. Went back and forth on whether to return, returned it and hoped it wouldn’t be a regret. Well don’t you know another cluster turned up soon after, a bit smaller but perfect. So your perfect ring could be right around the corner=)2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I’d pass.
I don’t those gemstones are original to the ring. The small one on the left doesn’t seem to fit into the bezel (too small) and this would explain why the the bezels are so “mangled”.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
That gold band looks really thin and would bend easily. I have a gold ring that I consider delicate and thin and I put it on my food scale and it is 3grams. Based on 1.6grams you mentioned, that would be fairly fragile and highly subject to bending. Gold is soft.

It seems high priced. I would pass.

If you simply want a pretty purple ring and are not married to vintage, this is pretty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results