shape
carat
color
clarity

can some one tell me why??? PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
is everyone MIA because of STUPID HORRBILE GROSS NASTLY SCARY DISGUSTING UGGGRRRHHHHH FINALS???!!!

who else is stressing over this?? i know i am!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Uh, no not me. I finished finals about 15 years ago....
25.gif

But I agree the board has been slow lately.

Good luck with finals!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I have finals right now, too. Last finals EVER. W00t! Don''t stress out too much, it won''t help you remember stuff for the test, that''s for sure. I just have a bunch of papers and projects to finish, and only one or two real tests that I can''t really study for anyway.

*M*

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m here...in between writing my papers of course. So I guess if I had to be actually "studying" instead of on my computer typing, I probably would be MIA too. But instead, I reward myself with PS time once I have accomplished a goal with my papers.

Being a Ph.D. student is SO FUN! (we need an eye roll smiley on here!)

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

There ya go!

*M*

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I just finished today! Mouahahahaha! *crashes from exhaustion*

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Ugh... I''m still working on my thesis. And we''re currently doing a play performed entirely in ancient Greek. Last day of classes isn''t until Tuesday for me, and I have to give a presentation then. And other papers are in process. Finals aren''t even in the picture yet. Graduation May 15 and 16!

Yeah, then 5+ more years of grad school--what am I thinking?
20.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
omph this week was a killer

why is it that all my professors wanted projects in the same week?
heres an over view of my week and coming two weeks

monday- 4/23
paper due for research meth.
tuesday- 4/24
FINAL paper due for personality theories
french comp due
wensday- 4/25
FINAL paper due for research meth
french oral
thursday- 4/26
Final project due for community psych
friday- 4/27
french final project due
monday- 4/30
research meth final (get an A and your expemt from the final!!!!)
thursday-5/3
community psych exam
friday-5/4
French oral final
saturday-5/5
friends wedding (thought id mention that too)
monday-5/7
research meth final
tuesday-5/8
10:30-12:30- personality theories final
3:30-5:30-communty psych final
6-8PM- french final

crazy huh???

summer plans.....spend everyday at the beach not working not studying...doing absolutly nothing until school in the fall!!!!
absolutly no plans...the only work i will be doing will be working on my tan and booking hotels...were going to canada and may sacramento!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 11:30:25 PM
Author: sarahthewarrior
Ugh... I''m still working on my thesis. And we''re currently doing a play performed entirely in ancient Greek. Last day of classes isn''t until Tuesday for me, and I have to give a presentation then. And other papers are in process. Finals aren''t even in the picture yet. Graduation May 15 and 16!

Yeah, then 5+ more years of grad school--what am I thinking?
20.gif

Don''t kill me...but I am actually enjoying graduate school for the most part. It''s a lot of work, but much more rewarding than undergraduate IMO. It won''t be that bad if you enjoy school!

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
Let''s see...
-2 homeworks and final project for virtual instrumentation
-Take-home quantum optics exam
-3 astronomy lab writeups/revisions
-Thermo final
-Calc final

In a week and a half. The labs are getting finished this weekend, everything else either I need to be playing with lab equipment or isn''t happening yet. On the plus side, I only have two more classes and then it''s just finals nonsense to panic over
29.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
I am!!!! I have my first final on Sunday and I feel like I''m going to vomit. I''m beyond stressed...
23.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i have 3 more required classes and then its electives all the way!!!!

well 3 not counting my gen ed reqs. which i only have 2 more left!!!!

but a week and a half left of classes and exams and stress...

goldenstar- trust me for the past two weeks ive been throwing up cause of nerves almost every moring i finally calmed down when i got on of my final papers back and i got an 88!! 2 points from a flippin A!!!!! hang in there well be ok its almost done!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Luck to everyone who has finals. Just think summer is almost here.
9.gif
36.gif

Linda

gigglebuns1186

Rough_Rock
Try being stressed all of the time..it''s called a nursing major hehehe. But yea I am certainly stressed because you have to get a certain grade on your tests. Fail one, you fail the class and you don''t go on the next semester. Failing is below a 72. and some of our tests failing is below a 90%. I can''t wait to graduate! 3 more semesters of stress!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know this one girl and she has a 3.7 GPA and DIDNT get in to nursing school...thank god im not into science and im in LAS!
first exam done today wooohoooo

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, now I''m feeling the stress. I''m trying to finish my final English paper (ever!), and can''t concentrate one bit. I have extensive notes, though, so there''s a start!

*M*

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
Oh man gigglebuns, that is like the exact opposite of my major (physics) at least for the lower level classes. In my freshman physics class, a 75 was an A. And even with that, with a class of 100+ students you never got more than 10-12 A's a semester.

With my junior and senior classes, it's more like >85 is an A and you just need above a 50 to pass, but even with that, I've been in courses where the average grade was failing
23.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I know it''s not nearly as exciting as getting engaged, but...

I FINISHED MY THESIS!!!
34.gif

Now, uh... all that other fun stuff.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!! all i have left this week is a french oral exam (which ima gonna get an A on casue ive been practicing!!) and a community psych exam( a bit nervous but im sure itll be ok!!)

oh and i get my grade back from my exam monday and if i did well and my grade is good enough for me (which is a B casue research and methods not an easy class) i wont have to take the final!!!!

and next week is the home stretch!!! wish me luck

and good luck to all you other girls!!!! its almost done and let us know how you did!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yay Sarah! That''s very exciting. Make sure you take a few minutes to celebrate (and take a deep breath).

Good luck to the rest of you!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
heres my update on finals and school so far ....one more week one more week...

personlaity psych paper-60/60!!!! yay!!
french oral-A!!!!
research and meth paper-100%!!!!
and the best one yet

community psych exam-100% JUST FOR SHOWING UP TO THE EXAM TODAY!!isnt that crazy...i was in the 4th row and there were like 10 rows with out exams so the professor set the TA to get more and well she was gone for 15 min or so when he stood up and looked at us and said these heavenly words

"you all got 100% you can go home"

we were like wait what...are you serious...and hes like

"is anyone complaining??"

and we all shouted "NOOOOOOOO" and we clapped and screamed and we all got 100%!!!!!!!!

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 4:00:44 PM
Author: emilina22

community psych exam-100% JUST FOR SHOWING UP TO THE EXAM TODAY!!

Ahhh so jealous! If my thermodynamics prof did that I would be the happiest person ever.

At least I got an A on my programming final and thus the course today
36.gif
Calculus tomorrow, woo here comes another A (I hope!)

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i just found out i got an 85 on my research meth exam...i am free not to take the final and keep my B!!!! wooohooo

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate to the stress!!! I had a huge verbal case presentation and verbal question exam as well as a 3 hour written exam, it''s pass/fail. Oh did I mention pass is > 75%!!! Yeah and it''s not easy either! Depending on what happens with yesterday''s and today''s depends on whether or not I will have a final. So far I have passed all the exam in that class, but if you fail more than 1 you have to take the final. If I have the final it is all inclusive verbal 30 min to 1 hour exam, where you are questioned by the course director and another facilty member. Hopefully it won''t come to that, but if it does I will have plenty of company as I think about 85% of the class has already "signed themselves up for it" prior to this block of exams. Oh and if you fail the final you fail the course... but no pressure!

And while you all get to enjoy your summers, I will be working for free... no scratch that... I will be PAYING THE SCHOOL to work for free! I have to do 7 six-week rotations. And while I don''t have to write a thesis, I do have to create a 3" porfolio, that includes speechs, a few (as in 21) research questions, just to name a few requirements!

So you all need to have a good summer and be glad you aren''t out working for free... paying to work! Not to mention the drive to work is 55 minutes each way... and with the price of gas...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a Ph.D. student, so it''s more like finishing up papers and trying to beat the publication rat race rather than finals. Every now and then I have a final, but rarely is it stressful anymore. Now, it''s more like consistent heavy work with writing deadlines and conferences occassionally. The great thing about grad school is that grades really aren''t that important anymore. Going to school is more like going to work and I''m definitely a workaholic!!

Good luck on your finals gals!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 4:26:39 PM
I know it''s not nearly as exciting as getting engaged, but...

I FINISHED MY THESIS!!!
34.gif

YAY!!! Congrats! What are you going to be going to grad school for?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
wooohoooo one more day one more day all i got is one more day!!!!

tuesdays the big exam day
pray for me that i do well
i have
personality psych 10:30-12:30
community psych 3:30-5:30
and dreaded french from 6-8

i have a big weekend of studying plus 2 weddings to go too....... wish me luck

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 10:51:53 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 5/1/2007 4:26:39 PM
I know it's not nearly as exciting as getting engaged, but...

I FINISHED MY THESIS!!!
34.gif

YAY!!! Congrats! What are you going to be going to grad school for?
I just have one paper (which I'm hopefully doing today) and a final on Monday left. I'll be going to the University of Michigan in the fall for my PhD in classics.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah, I''m at UM working on my PhD and I love it here. I hope you do, too!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 4:48:24 PM
Author: ladyciel
Sarah, I''m at UM working on my PhD and I love it here. I hope you do, too!
Oooh, how exciting! I love Michigan (as a state), and Ann Arbor is a wonderful place. And as you know, U of M is a fantastic school! I''ll be heading up there after graduation to find an apartment. What are you studying for your PhD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results