shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone tell me where to find diamond "sets or suites"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying to find diamond sets or suites or layouts, not sure of the exact term used to describe it. Basically it is a group of diamonds, all same size and same color and clarity. They are used to make things like a emerald cut anniversary ring. I found some a while back that was 12 emerald cut stones and I think about 2.5 tcw. I have not been able to find it again or find any others. Can anyone help, has anyone seen these?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not just get them ready set?

Just curious. I could think of some reasons myself, in fact. But then, it is more customary to ask the jeweler making the ring to source such sets, even if the stones are large. They could easily let you inspect the batch before setting them.

I am not sure if jewelers advertise such sales because it is not a very usual sort of retail item, but you could order such a set, I suppose.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any of the diamond dealers should be able to help you out. Most big dealers will stock smaller stones in what they call parcels. These are groupings of similar stones that will be sold for similar prices. They will have already been sorted to be close in grading and overall size and with a bit of effort they can match a set of 12 that will work in your project.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Signed Pieces offers Emerald cut diamond anniversary bands. You may want to have a look at their website www.signedpieces.com.
9.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel is right with his basic advice if all you want is general diamonds.

However, if you are looking for guaranteed spetacular diamonds - and willing to pay just a bit more for that... Then I would ask Good Old Gold & NiceIce to put together a set for you. These diamonds will probably not be lab graded - but you can get them graded by one of the lessor labs or better appraisers on this site (complete with idealscope pictuturs from several of them).

If you want to skip all the checks that Good Old Gold and NiceIce do, then Whiteflash and a few of the other vendors can probably help you.

Perry

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
autumngems,

The term "layouts" (which you used in your opening sentence) is the term that I''m most familiar with for this type of request. Layouts can be done specifically to create an eternity band, diamond bracelet or diamond necklace. Diamonds in a layout should all be of very similar (although often not exact) quality but would rarely be accompanied by laboratory reports. I''m personally familiar with a few companies that specialize in diamond layouts and matched pairs, as I''m sure most of the diamond vendors around here are as well...

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''w want to buy already made piece as I like to design my own. Also I am not necessarily looking to make a emerald cut band, it was just a sample to make my point as in what I am looking for.

Jim Schultz would you send me a private message of the companies that might carry these layouts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results