shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone identify this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I bought this ring at an estate auction 2 years ago for $200. It is yellow gold and I had it rodium plated white gold because that is what I wear. You can see that I need to have it rodium plated again because the prongs are turning gold again. Any idea what the main stone is? Blue topaz? Aquamarine? I wear it often and love it.

The ring weighs 5 grams on my kitchen scale if that helps...

There are some tiny scratches on the surface of the stone...since I wear it almost daily...and that leads me to think that maybe it is glass or synthetic material...

M2B

Rough_Rock
The ring is very pretty. You may have better luck getting a response over on the colored gemstone section. But it would be difficult for anyone to give you anything but a guess from the pic.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like an aquamarine

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you upload the photos here to the thread (you just need to rezise in paint and give them random names)? You actually are not allowed to link outside blogs or websites, your links will most likely be removed shortly.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would guess an Aquamarine from Zales.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
for some reason I can''t edit my last post
33.gif

Here''s one of OP''s photos

1573973kahkdasgfr.jpg

Gemamore

Rough_Rock
It''s hard to tell from the photo. If it was an original stone in an antique setting, it must have been well looked after, otherwise it would show more abrasions and chips.

Probably best to have it checked by a gemologist if you want to know for sure.

Besides aquamarine, there are other light tone, medium saturation,slightly bluish green stones that it may be:

topaz.
synthetic spinel
glass

21.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the first rule of coloured stones is "don''t identify a stone from a photo". There are just too many variables that we can''t judge from a picture.

Thank you all...I will ask a jeweler to test it!

I hope I didn''t get totally gyped for $200.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results