shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone identify this Squash Blossom?

Zang

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, can anyone identify the maker of this squash blossom and possibly what year it was made? It has a hallmark that reads "KXXTJC" as seen in the pictures. Thank you. 20220106_164249.png 20220106_164302.png 20220106_164316.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it was made by an a meteor, or a student of jewelry design? Several things make me think that this piece was not made by a professional:

- the “signature, of course. I’d think a professional jeweler would use a stamp(s), and would choose a name or series of letters that would be easier to remember.

- the workmanship, especially on the bottom pendant.

- the fact that the turquoise pieces are so poorly matched, and, truth be told, so poorly set.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Navajo, for sure. I'd say 1970s
I agree with @VRBeauty , possibly a student piece. The bench beads are separated and the overall quality could be better.

Last edited:

Zang

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for the information. Do yall have any idea how much a piece of this quality should sell for?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the information. Do yall have any idea how much a piece of this quality should sell for?

Well, there is some damage to the clasp and beads.
Apparently some beads are missing, because a section of the chain is exposed.
I really can't give you a good price, but it is vintage. Maybe $300-600, but I could be all wrong. It might come down to what someone will offer for it, seeing that it needs repairs. What region of the country are you in? People love squashes in the Southwest, but other areas they are not so popular.

Zang

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well, there is some damage to the clasp and beads.
Apparently some beads are missing, because a section of the chain is exposed.
I really can't give you a good price, but it is vintage. Maybe $300-600, but I could be all wrong. It might come down to what someone will offer for it, seeing that it needs repairs. What region of the country are you in? People love squashes in the Southwest, but other areas they are not so popular.

Im in Texas. They seem to be pretty popular here.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ If that's the case, look for comparables and note their particulars -- once you have 3-5 comparables, you should be able to figure out an appropriate price range.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results