shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone explain "scorching"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crayolablue

Rough_Rock
okay,

If you have a gorgeous stone, no fluoresence, gia certified, and it appears w black in direct sunlight does that indicate it was scorched in setting? I mean looks great, but turns very dark, not blue, like black or dark dark gray in sunlight. still very good light throwing but the stone is black! This has been tried in many differnt backgrouns and lighting it seems that only direct sunlight brings this out, and again no-fluoresnce. any ideas?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
First of all, DEEP BREATHS... It''s not you. It''s just how diamonds are. If you can find a place where you can be in both shade and direct sunlight, put your hand into the sunlight and the stone looks greyish, pull your hand back into the shade and the stone should go white and bright, yes? It''s normal. My stone does it too and it hasn''t been "scorched".
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a stone that does the very same thing, and it has not been scorched as far as I know.

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I have a stone that does that and then I have a stone that doesn''t. Mine turns a grey color only in direct sunlight. It still sparkles though and is beautiful. That is my RB but I have a princess that doesn''t have that effect. I think it is fairly normal although mine has never turned black though.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only ever noticed this effect on my RB. My other cuts are step cuts & I don''t think they do this. I thinkit is about the RB cut and the way ot channels light?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results