shape
carat
color
clarity

Can a custom jeweler do this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brian m

Rough_Rock
Here is a link to the ring my S/O really likes:

http://store.littmanjewelers.com/escalate/store/DetailPage/pls/littmanjewelers/bc/littmanjewelers/pc/973693/clist/014b8032fc88:018480320662:018480320662/ret/1-41/pls5catname/1-41

I have no idea about the skill level of goldsmiths, so my apologies in advance if it seems I am doubting the professionals here.

I should mention that the metal choice would be platinum, and the price given for the whole ring would be $6499 USD. The price in 18K white gold is $2999 USD.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
why don''t you just buy that one? custom rings aren''t usually less expensive.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 3:30:03 PM
Author: belle
why don''t you just buy that one? custom rings aren''t usually less expensive.
I can think of a few reasons he may want to build his own.

1) It looks like this one includes the stones, and the clarity promised is I1+. He may want to select his own center stone, or perhaps all three.

2) I doubt that it would be more expensive to go custom. It may be equitable in cost, but it''s hard to imagine it being more expensive, and the quality in building his own may be much higher.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely look into other options. 6K is a lot of $$ and it looks like you''d be getting low color and clarity in those diamonds.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2005 3:33:18 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 11/17/2005 3:30:03 PM
Author: belle
why don't you just buy that one? custom rings aren't usually less expensive.
I can think of a few reasons he may want to build his own.

1) It looks like this one includes the stones, and the clarity promised is I1+. He may want to select his own center stone, or perhaps all three.

2) I doubt that it would be more expensive to go custom. It may be equitable in cost, but it's hard to imagine it being more expensive, and the quality in building his own may be much higher.
hehehehe...i'm so used to looking at stones and settings seperately that i didn't even notice that the ring came with the diamonds already set.
37.gif

l+ color and i1+ clarity!? yikes!
23.gif

brian, if your so loves that setting (and not the poor quality stones!) i would defintely look into having something like it made and yes, it can be done.
2.gif

brian m

Rough_Rock
Okay, guys/gals. I have the card with the exact color and clarity stats at home. I will re-post to let you know if the I+ is a general guideline.

I think the ring I saw was a G/H, and no less than an SI2 in quality.

My GF wants a ring that is little bigger than 1ct tw. I don''t mind spending the money for a custom if I can get larger stones online and the same setting.

Thanks again. I''ll update you all tomorrow.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely talk to WF. You will get amazing stones, an amazing custom setting, and a competitive price!!!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don''t you ask them for a price for just the setting, without the stones. Explain that you will be selectging the stones yourselves.

Many places will just sell the setting.

Perry

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The culprit...

000014640.jpg

And a similar setting custom made by Quest Jewelers for a Pricescoper (''noobie'')...

DSC0016.JPG

qallthree.JPG

Definitely the same style! If they could create a version of the Princess Plus ring with intertwined ''wires'' holding the center stone instead of a peg head all for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results