shape
carat
color
clarity

calm my nerves please, nervous about ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
my ring will be done today, and i am terrified!!!! i got my diamond from ERD and my setting from ID Jewelry. i love the stone my bf bought, and we got a great deal on a setting, but we didn''t get to see it in person and now i am so nervous that the setting won''t look good with the stone
32.gif

i got off the phone with ERD who is setting it, and he commented that the head is very high, and i wanted it to be low as possible. the stone is pretty deep because it is larger, but i don''t want it to be towering above the setting. he said he''d set it as low as possible, but im not sure what that means.

i was also worried a little about the prongs. i''ve always wanted the double claw prongs like leon mege, but we had a budget and couldn''t be too picky about the setting. the head is four prong, and mark said he could try his best to make it claw like but he couldn''t make it too thin. now im worried that the prongs will be too thick?!?!

then i asked if he thought it looked good, and he said "everything looks fine." just fine?? what does that mean? normally they say it''s gorgeous, beautiful, etc. but just fine?? i even said to him, "just fine?" and he laughed a little and said, "it''s very pretty." i don''t know if it''s just him but he didn''t sound too enthusiastic.

am i just being paranoid? please help me stay calm!! the ring is being shipped tomorrow and i told my bf to not show it to me. i have no idea when he''ll propose. i know im being dramatic, but i''m just so worried! i hope we didn''t make a wrong move or rush too quickly to find a setting... please help!
14.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Your ring will be amazing!

It will not be exactly as you imagined it, but you will love it and everyone will want to see it.

It will sparkel with fire in the sunlight, and I''m sure your diamond willl be set safely and securely.

Take it for a test drive. It''s hard to say whether the things you''re worried about will actualy be an issue if you haven''t worn the ring yet.
Worst case scenario you get a re-set as an aniversary present later when it''s affordable - in the mean tibe enjoy your bling.

I think though, that you''ll be so happy with a ring on your finger and your FI at your side, that little stuff like that won''t matter for a long time.

You''ve found the perfect diamond, and that''s the hardest part - so of course your ring is going to be gorgeous!

(Pics when you get it ?)

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 3:18:55 PM
Author: HopeDream
Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Your ring will be amazing!

It will not be exactly as you imagined it, but you will love it and everyone will want to see it.

It will sparkel with fire in the sunlight, and I''m sure your diamond willl be set safely and securely.

Take it for a test drive. It''s hard to say whether the things you''re worried about will actualy be an issue if you haven''t worn the ring yet.
Worst case scenario you get a re-set as an aniversary present later when it''s affordable - in the mean tibe enjoy your bling.

I think though, that you''ll be so happy with a ring on your finger and your FI at your side, that little stuff like that won''t matter for a long time.

You''ve found the perfect diamond, and that''s the hardest part - so of course your ring is going to be gorgeous!

(Pics when you get it ?)
Ditto!
I''m sure it will be gorgeous! I went through the same panic with my e-ring but at some point I forced myself to stop worrying. I was still antsy, but I tried not to worry. I didn''t let my BF at the time let me see it when it was finished either. It turned out beautiful! Anything that is wrong can be changed down the road if necessary, but the likelihood is that it will look terrific!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Dammit Woman, get ahold of yourself!!!

Haha, just kidding. It will be okay! I went through the same thing. It''s really hard when you''ve never seen it in person. I was worried the prongs would be clunky. I thought the width might be too big. I was afraid I wouldn''t like it at all. And now? I love it. You''ll be amazed how delicate your setting is in real life. My profile is super low and I honestly kind of wish it was a little higher. Would I get this exact same ring if I had to do it again? Probably not. But I still LOVE IT. I look at it and I don''t see the few things I would change, but I see what it means; what it represents. I think you''ll feel the same way even if it isn''t absolutely perfect.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
AWW! It will be amazing! Don''t worry! The guy does this all day long - I''m sure he is not that thrilled when he mkes engagements rings at this point!
3.gif

I got to balance my stone in the setting when we were shoppong for my ring so I kinda knew what it would look like.

When I finally saw the finsihed product in person (like 3 hours later)...... OMG it is SOOOO beautiful......I cried instantly. It looked even more spectacular than I thought it would. I can''t even see my prongs to be honest - don''t worry about it! They just blend into the diamond, and I haev a 4 probg setting too..

You will LOVE you rirng and if it needs adjustments it''s not the end of the world!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
whoa there!!!

its gonna be ok, then you''ll post pics and we''ll ooh and aah

9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry! It''s gonna be beautiful! You need to take some deep calming breathes but you''re probably worrying over nothing! If you don''t mind me asking, which setting in ID Jewelry did you choose? I''ve seen a handful of people who chose the Novo like version from Gabriel&Co and if that''s the one you got (we had a concern too about it having a high basket), then you shouldn''t worry because it turned out stunning for a lot of people. If it''s not the same setting, still don''t worry! Your ring will be gorgeous!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully you picked it up and love it! Anyway, I''ll just add that if you don''t like it, you can always change it in the future.
emteeth.gif

É

étoile

Awww you are just a bundle of nerves over this. Just try to be positive about it. If ERD said it looks fine it prob. does. Enjoy the excitement and dont worry. I think sometimes after being on pricescope too much we can get overly critical about the little aspects. I can''t remember what post it was but someone was pointing out something wrong with their ring and no one saw what she was talking about. I mean it''s important to be happy too, ya know? Anyway, I''m crossing my fingers it will be everything you imagine and more.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demystify things for yourself by asking ... what''s the WORST that can happen. What are your FEARS?

* So, you have to fix the prongs ... oh well
* So, its a little crooked ... oh well
* So, one of the prongs is wonky & bulbous ... oh well
* So, its actually in 22kt yellow gold ... oh well
* So, there''s a gumball where your stone should be ... oh well
* So, its moving a little ... and swollen ... and itchy ... oh well!

But seriously ... most things can be fixed. I know you want everything to be "perfect" and hopefully it will be ... but what''s the WORST that can happen? It needs a tweak? Such is life. A lot of stress in life can be avoided by having reasonable, realistic expectations.
1.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:39:01 AM
Author: decodelighted
Demystify things for yourself by asking ... what's the WORST that can happen. What are your FEARS?

* So, you have to fix the prongs ... oh well

* So, its a little crooked ... oh well

* So, one of the prongs is wonky & bulbous ... oh well

* So, its actually in 22kt yellow gold ... oh well

* So, there's a gumball where your stone should be ... oh well

* So, its moving a little ... and swollen ... and itchy ... oh well!

But seriously ... most things can be fixed. I know you want everything to be 'perfect' and hopefully it will be ... but what's the WORST that can happen? It needs a tweak? Such is life. A lot of stress in life can be avoided by having reasonable, realistic expectations.
1.gif

The gumball thing would actually be quite fun!
2.gif

Deco, here I was expecting your pep talk about how it's not the ring that's making her nervous, it's everything surrounding engagement and marriage and the unknown, etc...

Sweetpea -it's all going to be fine! Promise.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:47:19 AM
Author: TheBigT
Deco, here I was expecting your pep talk about how it''s not the ring that''s making her nervous, it''s everything surrounding engagement and marriage and the unknown, etc...
Heh! Am I *that* predictable?
3.gif
Didn''t get that feeling from SweetPea here -- seemed like standard-issue "fantasy to reality" ring nerves! Been there ... felt that! And personally I suffer from a lot of anxiety & the "what''s the worst that can happen" technique is a common "go to" coping strategy for me. Just thought I''d have fun with the exaggeration part of it ... which IS part of it. Helps your real life fears seem smaller & more easily dealt with.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 10:00:41 AM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 12/10/2009 9:47:19 AM

Author: TheBigT

Deco, here I was expecting your pep talk about how it''s not the ring that''s making her nervous, it''s everything surrounding engagement and marriage and the unknown, etc...

Heh! Am I *that* predictable?
3.gif
Didn''t get that feeling from SweetPea here -- seemed like standard-issue ''fantasy to reality'' ring nerves! Been there ... felt that! And personally I suffer from a lot of anxiety & the ''what''s the worst that can happen'' technique is a common ''go to'' coping strategy for me. Just thought I''d have fun with the exaggeration part of it ... which IS part of it. Helps your real life fears seem smaller & more easily dealt with.

No, not predictable - insightful! But I think your "what''s the worst that can happen" is a great technique. I have been told by many a mental health professional to use it myself.
9.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
i wish i could quote everyone without making my post look obnoxious... just to say THANKS to each one of you for making me feel better. my boyfriend thanks all of you too, since i basically vented here instead of yakking my mouth away on the phone with him. i am such a detail-oriented person and for my wonderful bf to pay such a large amount of money for something that will last a lifetime... well you can imagine just how detail-y i was becoming.

i know that the most important thing is that HE will be giving me this ring with all his heart, maybe i was being superficial about the whole thing. i see so many beautiful rings here, i''d love for mine to be one of them!

so thanks ladies for calming my nerves!!!!! i''m so relieved that i''m not the only who feels these nerves! i think the whole thing of finding the setting and looking so hard and stressing out made the process seem so rushed and it went so fast that when it was done, i was like, crap, did i do everything ok.

so i am really excited for this to all happen! my bf is staying so mysterious about the whole thing, and i love it :D

i should use the the "worst case scenario" model of therapy more often. i should get those books that tell you how to get out of quicksands, etc. then maybe i''ll feel more silly about stressing out about THIS!

if my ring came with a gumball, that would be one wicked expensive gumball. worth a diamond
9.gif

OH, luckyeshe - the setting wasn''t online... when i got an email from them, Luann said they just got this setting in and we went with it :D hope we made the right decision!

so thanks girls!!!! i promise promise promise promise pictures when he proposes!
emlove.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to echo everybody else''s advice but it seems as though you''re much calmer and relaxed about this situation than you were previously. I totally understand caring about the details (me? anal? really??? uh, yeah) but I''m sure that everything will turn out well. Looking forward to the proposal story and pictures!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
yes i do feel much calmer and clearer now thanks to everyone here :)

bf gets the ring today and i ALMOST was able to trick him into letting me work with him in his office today
31.gif
then he realized that he was getting the ring today and refused to let me come with him. he said he would take a picture of the box for me though, what a sweet heart.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results