shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Waxing Lyrical

belgian_mussels

Shiny_Rock
I was reviewing the show me the ring forum yesterday and saw your stunning ring and the very well-taken pictures. I was speechless. The ring is very unique and looks "blinglicious". It is vibrant and sparkly.

May I ask what camera did you use to take your photos if you don''t mind? I like the attached picture tremendously and wonder how did you take it?

BGDring12A.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful! How did I miss that thread?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my favourite rings for SURE!

belgian_mussels

Shiny_Rock
Yes indeed. The ring is unique, not many rose gold diamond ring around here.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
I just saw this!

Thank you for all the nice comments!
1.gif

I used my husband''s Nikon Coolpix L110. I used the macro setting. I tried using my Nikon D90, but I couldn''t get good close ups without a macro lens.

belgian_mussels

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it is hard to believe that such a great photo is taken by a compact camera. I must say the picture looks fabulous, it is sharp with a lot of details, vibrant colour and perfect composition. You make a good photographer.

Have you taken the photo on a sunny day and do you use photo-editing software? My husband bought a Canon 500D SLR with EF 100mm f2.8 macro len that I use to take jewellery pictures. They are nothing like yours despite using high-end gear. It looks like I have a lot to learn.
1.gif

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 6:46:49 AM
Author: belgian_mussels
Wow, it is hard to believe that such a great photo is taken by a compact camera. I must say the picture looks fabulous, it is sharp with a lot of details, vibrant colour and perfect composition. You make a good photographer.

Thanks! I actually am a photographer. ;-) I''m pretty sure it would have been more fun taking pictures with my dslr since I have more versatility with it.

Have you taken the photo on a sunny day and do you use photo-editing software? My husband bought a Canon 500D SLR with EF 100mm f2.8 macro len that I use to take jewellery pictures. They are nothing like yours despite using high-end gear. It looks like I have a lot to learn.
1.gif

I actually took that photo inside in front of a big window. It was really sunny outside. I used Photoshop CS3. I''m eying CS5.
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results