shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Victor Canera Halo owners! Still love and wear it?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lucky VC-halo owners :wavey: I was wondering how you are all feeling about your rings? Do you still love it as much as when you first received it, and wear it all the time? If you don't mind, can you tell me when you first received you ring and if you wear it daily? If not how often? Is it durable enough for daily wear, assuming you aren't constructing buildings or performing other hard labor? ;-) I'm still deciding... I want to make sure I can wear it every day. (I promise I won't wear it lifting weights or running!) Thank you so much for your updates. Greatly appreciated. :)

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Calling Victor Canera Halo owners! Still love and wear

Hi there!!

I've have my Emilya for just over two years and still adore it!! It gives me great pleasure every time I wear it. However, I know how often you have said you wear your rings and I just don't think pave, any pave, not just Victors, would be able to withstand that.

I know I have heard other says they never take their's off during the day, but as I am hard on my rings I only wear my VC when I am out. So my VC is mostly weekends, evenings or days out. I wear my AC from OWD or my new OMC three stone during the week when I am doing the school run errands etc. I take all my rings off as soon as I come in the door.

I was amazed at how delicate but strong the design is, but given how malleable platinum is and how pave has to be cared for, I don't think it would withstand being put in your pocket for gym time for example.

I do not want to turn you off a VC halo because I absolutely adore mine and wouldn't be without it. However I would advise you to think very hard about whether you would be prepared to leave your rings off on more occasions that you currently do.

If you want to know anything else, just ask. :wavey:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I don't own a VC halo but I have no problems wearing my pave filled super delicate rings on a daily basis. I have worn my Leon and SK rings on a daily basis doing "normal" stuff without issues.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I used to have a VC Emilya which I loved! The only reason I sold it was to upgrade the center diamond. It was fine for normal activities but I would definitely not wear to the gym, heavy housework, etc... He has info on his website about whether pave would suit your lifestyle. At least you are close to him if you do need repairs!

However, if you are still thinking about an upgrade in the near future, do not change your setting to a halo now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmyPoo|1391772070|3609908 said:
I don't own a VC halo but I have no problems wearing my pave filled super delicate rings on a daily basis. I have worn my Leon and SK rings on a daily basis doing "normal" stuff without issues.

However, Charmy has a LOT of e-rings, so she probably doesn't wear just one 7 days a week, 365 days a year. ;)) :bigsmile:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I've had mine getting close to two years now.

Yes, I still love it and wear it daily. But I don't have a hard-labor lifestyle. I work on a computer and wear gloves a lot. I remove my rings when doing housework.

I chose an 18mm shank specifically for durability (as suggested by Victor).

Jewelers who have seen my ring say it is especially well made. My appraiser said "delicate yet durable".

Good luck with your decision!! You really can't go wrong choosing Victor. :)

Anne

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

anne_h|1391790327|3610063 said:
I've had mine getting close to two years now.

Yes, I still love it and wear it daily. But I don't have a hard-labor lifestyle. I work on a computer and wear gloves a lot. I remove my rings when doing housework.

I chose an 18mm shank specifically for durability (as suggested by Victor).

Jewelers who have seen my ring say it is especially well made. My appraiser said "delicate yet durable".

Good luck with your decision!! You really can't go wrong choosing Victor. :)

Anne

Anne, thank you so very, very much for responding to this question. Your SMTB thread is permanently opened on my phone. I can't tell you how many times a day I look at it. I too work on a computer everyday in an office environment. I am happy to hear that you do as well and wear your ring daily. Based on everyone's comments above, I know I would need to take it off when I get home and no shoving it into a bra or pocket of running pants. (It just occurred to me last night, and I thought I had better ask.)

I guess that means that you don't find it overly blingy for daily wear either. Did you have to get used to it at first? But your stone is much bigger than mine so maybe I won't feel as funny at the beginning. Your shank is 1.8mm? That is what I would like too. I may have random odd questions for you if you don't mind, as my decision period ends in late April. Thank you again for sharing! {{hug}}

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

susimoo|1391753268|3609830 said:
Hi there!!

I've have my Emilya for just over two years and still adore it!! It gives me great pleasure every time I wear it. However, I know how often you have said you wear your rings and I just don't think pave, any pave, not just Victors, would be able to withstand that.

I know I have heard other says they never take their's off during the day, but as I am hard on my rings I only wear my VC when I am out. So my VC is mostly weekends, evenings or days out. I wear my AC from OWD or my new OMC three stone during the week when I am doing the school run errands etc. I take all my rings off as soon as I come in the door.

I was amazed at how delicate but strong the design is, but given how malleable platinum is and how pave has to be cared for, I don't think it would withstand being put in your pocket for gym time for example.

I do not want to turn you off a VC halo because I absolutely adore mine and wouldn't be without it. However I would advise you to think very hard about whether you would be prepared to leave your rings off on more occasions that you currently do.

Hi susimoo, thank you so much for helping me with this question. As I was saying to Anne, it just occurred to me that I may not wear it daily if I was overly worried about the durability of the ring. You guys are all gonna think I'm totally crazy but I recently changed gyms to a much nicer one where I don't have to worry as much about leaving my bling in my locker, even with a combination lock. So I do know I cannot just shove it into a pocket where it can still get warped. If I get a halo, it will not be on during workouts or housework. I work in an office all day so I think it's relatively safe there. Who knows how I will feel once I get it. I may be so worried about hurting the little beauty I may baby it too much.

I have to say that when I wear my soleste double halo on my right hand, I do knock it a bit, on doors and tables and cars and such. But, that is my right hand so it does more. Maybe I should take the halo out and wear it for a while and see how I am with it.

Susimoo, I will think about it before I commit. Thanks for the reality check. I may have more questions. Thanks for your kind offer to share. {{hug}}

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi CharmyPoo, thanks for letting me know. It is comforting to know that owners of these beautiful works of art from what I honk of as "master metal smiths" are getting actual daily use from their lovely pieces. Then I won't feel like the only one who is abusing these lovelies. I'm bad in general with all my stuff. I feel like I get my money's worth if I wear the thing out! But I know I will have to be changing my outlook with this mini masterpiece. (My current ring is built like a tank, and I still managed to get the stone loose.) :rolleyes:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1391777532|3609938 said:
I used to have a VC Emilya which I loved! The only reason I sold it was to upgrade the center diamond. It was fine for normal activities but I would definitely not wear to the gym, heavy housework, etc... He has info on his website about whether pave would suit your lifestyle. At least you are close to him if you do need repairs!

However, if you are still thinking about an upgrade in the near future, do not change your setting to a halo now.

Yes, if I get a halo I will be reformed woman. No washing dishes with my ring. No working out, not even in a pocket. I would like an upgrade but not possible anytime soon. Maybe when I turn 60? Lol!! So this reset would mean I stop messing around with my ring for a very long time. :). Thanks mom2boys. Love your Gabriella. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1391781978|3609989 said:

However, Charmy has a LOT of e-rings, so she probably doesn't wear just one 7 days a week, 365 days a year. ;)) :bigsmile:

Lol!! So true! CharmyPoo, your collection is awe inspiring. :).

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock

LLJsmom|1391793634|3610118 said:
susimoo|1391753268|3609830 said:
Hi there!!

Hi susimoo, thank you so much for helping me with this question. As I was saying to Anne, it just occurred to me that I may not wear it daily if I was overly worried about the durability of the ring. You guys are all gonna think I'm totally crazy but I recently changed gyms to a much nicer one where I don't have to worry as much about leaving my bling in my locker, even with a combination lock. So I do know I cannot just shove it into a pocket where it can still get warped. If I get a halo, it will not be on during workouts or housework. I work in an office all day so I think it's relatively safe there. Who knows how I will feel once I get it. I may be so worried about hurting the little beauty I may baby it too much.

I have to say that when I wear my soleste double halo on my right hand, I do knock it a bit, on doors and tables and cars and such. But, that is my right hand so it does more. Maybe I should take the halo out and wear it for a while and see how I am with it.

Susimoo, I will think about it before I commit. Thanks for the reality check. I may have more questions. Thanks for your kind offer to share. {{hug}}

I don't have a comment on the durability of Victor's rings, but I just had to comment on this. Please, please do not leave your beautiful ring in a gym locker. It is a mistake to believe that the nicer the gym, the less likely for there to be theft. In fact, the opposite is probably true. You are more likely to get professional thiefs capable of removing a lock in seconds in a high end gym because they know people like you will leave valuables in the lockers. We learned this the hard way after my dad had his wallet and luxury watch taken from a locked locker in a gym inside the Ritz Carlton (probably the nicest gym in the area, he works out alongside NBA players).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Ladies, I have another question, if you don't mind. When you first received the ring, did it feel like too much bling, too big? And if so, how long did it take to get used to it? Did you receive any negative comments about? I am a little worried about my family making rude and negative comments to me. It won't keep me from choosing a halo, but I want to at least be a little mentally prepared. Also, at the office I'm going to get some stares. I'm gonna have to get over that too. Have you all experienced this? Thanks!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Hi LLJ :wavey:

I meant to say previously that I am a make up artist. So besides the everyday things I do as a mum, my job just isn't suitable for rings period. As I am in and out of make up bags, carry very heavy cases with my kit in them up flights of stairs, using my hands constantly, rubbing in lotions and potions etc. Hence why my VC isn't a daily ring for me. In an office environment it would be much more appropriate. Just watch out for those pesky filing cabinets!!! :errrr:

As for as reactions about my reset from solitaire to halo I got very little. No one really cares. Well, not nearly as much as we think. Only my few bling friends IRL noticed.

I get my comments from either jewellers or complete strangers. Jewellers never fail to compliment it and several have asked to loupe it. They were suitably impressed. :wink2:
Then it is random teenage sales assistants who will say "wow, that's sparkly!!" That sort of thing. The other people I see day to day, in situations where I wear it ;)) , never notice. So I think you will be fine.

Oh, and like the poster above said, don't leave it in a locker, Ever, Please!!!! That's what I meant about not wearing it. On gym days, I'd leave it home rather than risking it in a locker or on a chain or in a pocket!

I hope that helps. :wavey:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1391792869|3610102 said:
Anne, thank you so very, very much for responding to this question. Your SMTB thread is permanently opened on my phone. I can't tell you how many times a day I look at it. I too work on a computer everyday in an office environment. I am happy to hear that you do as well and wear your ring daily. Based on everyone's comments above, I know I would need to take it off when I get home and no shoving it into a bra or pocket of running pants. (It just occurred to me last night, and I thought I had better ask.)

I guess that means that you don't find it overly blingy for daily wear either. Did you have to get used to it at first? But your stone is much bigger than mine so maybe I won't feel as funny at the beginning. Your shank is 1.8mm? That is what I would like too. I may have random odd questions for you if you don't mind, as my decision period ends in late April. Thank you again for sharing! {{hug}}

Hi LLJsmom,

How flattering! I'm happy my ring could be such an inspiration. :)

I do wear my ring at home, for regular life stuff like cooking or putting away groceries. But not for cleaning. BTW, I have three kids eight and under and the ring does fine in my 'parenting' lifestyle lol.

The ring is blingy, but I like it that way, and I do not find it too much for daily wear.

Yes, the shank is 1.8mm (sorry for my typo). Yes, do feel free to ask anything else while you make your decision. :)

Overall I love my stone and ring and think I made a great choice. I wonder occasionally if I should have went for single-cut melee to match my antique centre stone, but at the time I didn't know that was an option. The modern cut melee is great too as it is.

I love the split shank, Victor proportioned it perfectly. I'm also glad I chose the pave to run 5 to 8 o'clock around the shank (not full eternity). Because I do bang the palm of my hand every so often and I don't need to worry about the stones.

Hope this helps!

Anne

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I"m honestly on the fense about answering this. I have had 2 Emilya halos. I loved them both but honestly it is a lot less special to me now that I constantly see them on PS and in real life. I'm also not 100% happy because I really wanted a more intricate basket with an art deco look and instead just went with the 4 stems, but that is not VC's fault but mine. So when I first got my ring I was over the moon but recently I"m more lack luster about it.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

SB621|1391827438|3610575 said:
I"m honestly on the fense about answering this. I have had 2 Emilya halos. I loved them both but honestly it is a lot less special to me now that I constantly see them on PS and in real life. I'm also not 100% happy because I really wanted a more intricate basket with an art deco look and instead just went with the 4 stems, but that is not VC's fault but mine. So when I first got my ring I was over the moon but recently I"m more lack luster about it.
This is what I was wondering about myself.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I don't have a VC halo, but I have an ERD halo and my inspiration was the VC Emilya. After consulting with several vendors (including VC and ERD), I felt that I could achieve my dream halo with ERD and I did (in other words, I didn't feel like I was sacrificing anything by going with ERD and I saved a little money too).
Anyways, I don't feel like my halo is too delicate. I wear it just like I did my previous ring. It's platinum and well-made, so I'm not afraid of daily wear.
As far as size and/or bling, I did get some comments on the size (even though I utilized the same 1.5 carat center stone). The only negativity I received was sort of a joke from my sister when she said that she couldn't see because the sun hit my ring and she was temporarily blinded :lol:
I adore my halo =)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB621, sorry it took so long to respond to your comment. It's been crazy at home, and the kids' schedules for everything have changed recently.

I really appreciate your honest opinion and experience with your VC halo. One of the things that I was concerned about was that the basket was so...empty?? That is the closest word I could come up with. You may have seen pics of the Tiffany Soleste I have, and it too has a very empty basket. Below is a picture of it. The top view of this ring is gorgeous, but the side view does not wow me and that is mostly what I see wearing it every day. I feel like there is a lack of balance in the ring as a whole. The top is so gorgeous and blingy, and the side...meh... It reminds me of a spaceship. And it's just attached to the finger by these skinny little pave shanks.

dsc_0352.jpg

I wore it for the weekend, and I honestly don't love how the Soleste sits on my finger for this reason. I think that the fact that the struts are so straight and have no diamonds makes a difference. It looks so industrial underneath.

I do have a concern that I would feel that way about Victor's halo. I know everyone loves his halos and for good reason. But there are things that I did not love initially. If I get a VC halo, I'm just hoping that because of how beautifully made it is, I won't be bothered by the style. Or maybe because of how beautiful it is, I will love it. Who knows? I am leaning toward the Anne Marie because it seems to have a little more going on below and from the side because of the split shank. And the curve of the struts and the pave on them makes the underneath much more beautiful.

That is why I was soooo drawn to twosanguineheart's second Single Stone halo. There is such a sense of completeness and balance to the ring. That is the only way I can describe how I feel about it. The whole ring wraps around her finger, hugs it really, and seems to be an extension of her hand, rather than a ring that is separate from it. The underside of the ring is filled in, but not too intricate, just the perfect amount of detail in the basket. My big hesitation is the amount of metal around the melee diamonds in the halo.

singlestone_halo_1.jpg singlestone_halo_2.jpg singlestone_halo_3.jpg

However, in general, I am a more modern style kind of girl, so I'm not sure the antique look would suit me either...

It has occurred to me that maybe I should consider others, like Steven Kirsch. It's just that I love VC's work...

Other styles I have considered are a solitaire with very skinny shank with french cuts,
http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry...nya-french-cut-solitaire-with-round-brilliant or
http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=1042&startRow=25

I wonder if I don't love the Soleste, does that mean I won't love the VC halo? But I know that the cushion shape will go a long way toward me loving it, much more than the round.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I went into Tiffany's a couple of months ago with another member wearing a Emilya halo and tried on that exact Tiffany double halo ring, because I wanted to see how it looked on my hand (I was thinking about what to do with another stone that I have) and I didn't like the way it sat or how it looked on me at all... The pave is not as nice as Victors, not as fine, more metal showing, more gaps between the centre and the melee, larger clumsier prongs the list if you are uber picky goes on and on.

I don't wear my VC Emilya every day because I have Lola (big OEC) now as well, and have not posted the halo on here as yet, but EVERY time I wear it someone tells me how beautiful it is, someone usually comments on the diamond I have in it and the complete ring..... I don't think you could go wrong with it or the Anne Marie. If you are an Aussie (forgive me I can't remember) there are few rings here the same quality where the centre diamond melds seamlessly into the halo like Victor's rings, so it isn't something you will see every day, despite it being a popular design.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1391883242|3610848 said:
I don't have a VC halo, but I have an ERD halo and my inspiration was the VC Emilya. After consulting with several vendors (including VC and ERD), I felt that I could achieve my dream halo with ERD and I did (in other words, I didn't feel like I was sacrificing anything by going with ERD and I saved a little money too).
Anyways, I don't feel like my halo is too delicate. I wear it just like I did my previous ring. It's platinum and well-made, so I'm not afraid of daily wear.
As far as size and/or bling, I did get some comments on the size (even though I utilized the same 1.5 carat center stone). The only negativity I received was sort of a joke from my sister when she said that she couldn't see because the sun hit my ring and she was temporarily blinded :lol:
I adore my halo =)

+1
I was inspired by MomHappy's experience as I have said before in posts and went with ERD for my wife's halo and agree with her, did not sacrifice any quality and saved some money. My wife adores the ring, still swoons over it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1392033897|3611841 said:
I went into Tiffany's a couple of months ago with another member wearing a Emilya halo and tried on that exact Tiffany double halo ring, because I wanted to see how it looked on my hand (I was thinking about what to do with another stone that I have) and I didn't like the way it sat or how it looked on me at all... The pave is not as nice as Victors, not as fine, more metal showing, more gaps between the centre and the melee, larger clumsier prongs the list if you are uber picky goes on and on.

I don't wear my VC Emilya every day because I have Lola (big OEC) now as well, and have not posted the halo on here as yet, but EVERY time I wear it someone tells me how beautiful it is, someone usually comments on the diamond I have in it and the complete ring..... I don't think you could go wrong with it or the Anne Marie. If you are an Aussie (forgive me I can't remember) there are few rings here the same quality where the centre diamond melds seamlessly into the halo like Victor's rings, so it isn't something you will see every day, despite it being a popular design.

Arkieb1, I am so relieved that you felt that way about Tiffany v. Canera. And thanks for being so detailed in your description. Sometimes I don't know if I want the seemless look or the defined bezel look. But the shape is what I fell in love with. If I reset I want this to be it. The Anne Marie is the first ring where I had a literal gut reaction. As I examined it I had concerns but I sometimes think that the initial reaction is the most honest one, for me anyway. If you think of anything else, please feel free to share! :). Thank you! ((Hug))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sure Victor will be happy to accommodate you if you want something extra in the gallery like curved stems, pave on the gallery etc.
Looking forward to see what you come up with. I must say I also love your current ring :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I don't wear my VC Emilya every day...and have not posted the halo on here as yet....

Why are people not jumping on this?! Please post the halo pictures!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WillyDiamond|1392040773|3611853 said:
momhappy|1391883242|3610848 said:
I adore my halo =)

+1
I was inspired by MomHappy's experience as I have said before in posts and went with ERD for my wife's halo and agree with her, did not sacrifice any quality and saved some money. My wife adores the ring, still swoons over it.

Hi Willydiamond, thanks for sharing about your experience with ERD. It's wonderful to know that there are more options in pricing out there that result in beautifully done pieces. If I end up blowing my pennies on an impulse buy, this is good to know. :).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tourmaline|1392055235|3611954 said:
I don't wear my VC Emilya every day...and have not posted the halo on here as yet....

Why are people not jumping on this?! Please post the halo pictures!!!

I missed that!! OMG YES PLEASE POST ARKIEB1!!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

This. Totally this.

I have a Tiffany Legacy style halo (admittedly a different type of halo with bead set diamonds) but the struts are plain. I love the proportions of it with my ring but that's a 1.5ct radiant cut diamond so substantially smaller than Gladys. With that ring, anything other than plain simple struts would be complete overkill. I felt that on a larger ring I wanted more than just struts, I needed structure. So I am opting for a petal-like basket for my re-set. Something a little like Meg's basket (but in white gold so it will look quite different). I am opting for a split shank halo, similar to the Anne Marie (especially considering Anne's and my stone are almost identical in proportions), and I think the basket will help it look beautiful from every different angle. And as a PSer, that's kind of important. It might not be to regular people but it is to us. So I feel your pain there.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the Anne Marie, so that is one option or as others have suggested a petal type more elaborate basket instead of the struts would be another. I think it depends what sort of stone you put into there as well, an RB might get boring and might need a more elaborate basket to complete the whole design and make you happy over a long period of time. In my case, Bastecat gave me the inspiration to contrast a chunky cut with the modern melee and the result is something people notice across a room, it is so in your face noticeable top down it doesn't need anything else going on from the sides.

You guys are the best at outing my stash of stuff :lol:

Meet Charlie the fat arrowed JBEG Tranny currently living in Frankie's first Emilya;
jbeg_tranny_9.jpg

I alternate on a really blingy day I wear Charlie on a more subtle day or a big rock day I wear Lola. This ring gets more attention than Lola every time I wear it.
Charlie and Lola before she was set;
charlie_and_lola_loose_1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it every time I see it :love: Glad you finally posted on PS :appl:
Your Emilya is amazing Arkieb! She needs her own thread :naughty: with lots and lots of pics.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1392073953|3612257 said:
I love the Anne Marie, so that is one option or as others have suggested a petal type more elaborate basket instead of the struts would be another. I think it depends what sort of stone you put into there as well, an RB might get boring and might need a more elaborate basket to complete the whole design and make you happy over a long period of time. In my case, Bastecat gave me the inspiration to contrast a chunky cut with the modern melee and the result is something people notice across a room, it is so in your face noticeable top down it doesn't need anything else going on from the sides.

You guys are the best at outing my stash of stuff :lol:

Meet Charlie the fat arrowed JBEG Tranny currently living in Frankie's first Emilya;
jbeg_tranny_9.jpg

I alternate on a really blingy day I wear Charlie on a more subtle day or a big rock day I wear Lola. This ring gets more attention than Lola every time I wear it.
Charlie and Lola before she was set;
charlie_and_lola_loose_1.jpg

PS needs a drool icon! That Charlie looks amazing!! LOVE it. :love: :love: more pics!! And details too!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results