shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Michael B lovers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

minti

Rough_Rock
Ladies, I have a big dilema. I have a 3ct, H, VVS1 diamond that I would like reset. I''m thinking of going with the 3 sided pave trois setting. http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/michael-b-jewelry/rings/24P1/12/ The setting is stunning in person, so much better than the picture. However, it has the "stacked" double halo, and I don''t know if that would hide the diamond too much. I mean, you can''t see the depth of the diamond in side profile at all. Is that a bad thing? Should I choose another Michael B setting??? So, I''m wondering....

If you could have your dream Michael B setting, What would it be?? Please advise.

cara

Ideal_Rock
A stacked "double-walled" halo on a 3ct center? That thing will be massive.

It all depends on your preferences. I love Dee*Jay''s \"brick\" but it would not be my personal choice to wear that substantial a piece, however beautiful it may be.

You should buy a ring that you love--- all the parts of. If you love the encasing of the stone that the Trois head provides, go for it. If you want to see the side of the stone, or want a ring that showcases the stone more (rather than a showstopping ring, if that subtle distinction makes sense) then you keep looking.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would not be my choice either. I think the halo is too bulky and I really personally think 3 carat stones can stand alone well without a halo! I honestly like the princess setting best...one sided pave if you want to get the wedding band, too.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
If it was me I would do the halo. I don''t feel it would be too bulky, but some would say I am "warped". Ie. I tried on an stunning 8ct oval with a halo and felt I could pull it off...LOL. Poor fiance''.
I do have so say, that I have seen that MB setting in person, and might like the idea of a single tier and more open sides a bit better.
I also agree a solitaire (maybe with those yummy claw prongs of Leon''s) would look fabulous as well, but I might add some pave'' work to the under gallery of the basket and into the shank. Like this one...
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=68

Good Luck with your search!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people...ehem Miss Ellen......think I''m the halo queen but I have to say in this case I would do without the halo.
41.gif
17.gif
I have always loved the Michael B. Petite Lace and put a 3ct in that puppy and I might actually think I died and went to heaven!
30.gif
30.gif

joadma

Rough_Rock
I am very partial to halos and that ring is STUNNING! I can only imagine how it looks in person.
21.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I love the Trois setting. I love that you see sparkles galore from all angles.

Have you tried on halo''ed 3ct''s? It might suit your finger very well. Only you can tell. I always thought halo''s are too much on >2ct stones but then I tried on a *gasp* 4ct round with a thin halo and let me tell you , it looked divine! So unless you try it you won''t know.

What a delicious dilemma though!

minti

Rough_Rock
Believe it or not, I was not a fan of pave and halo before I looked at Michael B. I was thinking of a very simple setting for my stone. But then I saw the trois, and how delicate it looked in person, and how it made the center stone pop! Personally, I don''t think halo is too much for a round 3ct, if it is a delicate setting. I mean, look at the celebrity rings! I just don''t know about the side profile of the trois. Arrgghhh, it''s soo hard choosing a setting!!
39.gif
I been pondering on this project for months! I looked at everything from Leon Mege, Bez Ambar, Sasha Primak, Michael B, Beaudry...and so on.Sigh....

cara

Ideal_Rock
Looking again, the trois doesn''t add a lot of bulk in the top down view as the double-stack is in the vertical direction. I can see how the top down view would be appealing as a little sparkle trim around a larger stone. But, IMO, you have to love the side view as well for this to be "the ring". Your center stone would be nestled into a sparkling donut or blinged-out round barrel.

If you love it, get it. Its a lovely, impressive ring - but you should make sure it is to your taste before committing.

minti

Rough_Rock
Went back to the jeweler again today. I looked at the three stone rings. I think I might like that even better than the halo. I am not a fan of side stones competing with center stone, but I did see a setting of Bez Ambar where the side stones were quite modest in comparision to the 3 ct center stone. I thought the proportion was lovely!! However, I like the pave work of Michael B much more. The jeweler will talk to Michael B to see if he can come up with something pretty in a three stone. Let''s see...This whole ring setting business is stressful!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the Michael B 3sided pave. It is my dream ring and unfortunatley, not in the bf''s budget. I''ve had the luxury of wearing it for a day and it is simply a stunning ring.
I cannot even imagine what a stunner it would be with a 3carat!
The setting alone makes such a statement..ohh it''s beautiful..
18.gif

Whatever Michael B setting you chose, you won''t go wrong!
36.gif
Then again, I don''t think you could do any wrong with a Leon creation either.
36.gif

PLEASE be sure to post some pics when you decide!
Can''t wait to see what you choose and a big CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results