shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Mandarine...question about running.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandarine, I''ve been hanging out in TTC and read most of your journey. Congrats on the twins! Holy smokes...that''s exciting.

I noticed that mentioned a bit about running while you were TTC. I would not call myself a runner...at least not for distance. I usually only run a mile or two at a clip but I like to run often. At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, I can''t help but think that running is just bouncing all those spermies around! Did your doc give you any specific guidelines around running while TTC?

I have an appt in October with my GYN to discuss our TTC process but hopefully I get a BFP before then ;-)

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I am not mandarine, but as an active person (that does a lot of bouncing :) i can assure you that it will not impact TTC by jiggling them around. They swim up, up, up and are protected deep within, doing their thing, regardless of what you do. Are you worried that sperm will leak out? That will happen after sex, but you certainly don''t need *all* of it. It only takes one, and what remains in your body will do the job, assuming you and DH are healthy and fertile.

Some long-distance runners and highly trained athletes have trouble conceiving, but this is due to low body fat (and no period) and/or a hugely modified diet. Casual runners don''t have this issue.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reassurance, Jas. The things TTC will do to you! Makes you think some nutty things. I don''t want to interfere with the conception process but I also don''t want to gain 20 pounds before I even get pregnant from lack of exercise! This after I had pizza and french fries for dinner...and a donut for dessert
31.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!!

Jas is right...it won''t hurt TTC and as a matter of fact being healthy/active if anything should help you in your TTC journey!

I wasn''t a marathoner or anything...I basically really got into running like 6 months before we started TTC (and got pregnant). I quit mainly because I just didn''t feel comfortable doing it while pregnant...but my Drs said that I could continue running while pregnant if I felt comfortable doing and monitored my heart rate.

The first few weeks (and after finding out it was twins) I was just really nervous and just didn''t feel like I should keep on running. I did remain active though (walking, toning classes, yoga, elliptical, etc)....until like the 2nd trimester, when I just started getting a bit uncomfortable and basically stuck to walking and yoga only.

I can''t wait to go back to running though! My goal is to run a half marathon in 2010 or early 2011....I plan on just taking the kiddos along with me during training
9.gif

So go ahead and run...and enjoy it!. I miss it so much!

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results