shape
carat
color
clarity

**Calling Independant Gal**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey IG, I thought we''d stop highjacking the other thread...

So I checked my schedule for the 3 days you''ll be here and I actually don''t have class on Wednesday (final exam this week, eep!), but we do have to meet the prof. and hand in our term paper, so I''ll get back to you on that. On Thursday, I do have class 9AM-noon, then I have my Bible study group meet at 4:30PM-6PM (which I guess I could miss if I have to). On Friday, I''m working until about 1PM.

I checked the address you gave me (1700 Sherbrooke W.) and I was waaaay off, it''s not even near the Olympic Park (would be if it was Sherbrooke E.
20.gif
). Turns out it''s about 6 miles from my school! It would take me about 20 minutes to get there from school or from home, or about 50 minutes from work. Assuming it''s the right address, of course, you didn''t seem certain.

I hope we can work something out!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Cool! I''m e-mailing with the lady doing my schedule and will let you know when I find out what''s what (including the correct address!... but I''m pretty sure it was something in the teens of W. Sherbrooke).

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK Anchor, I've got my schedule and my flights. I'll be in Quebec City on the Wednesday, then I have meetings... crazy hours and hours of meetings ...on Thursday, but I'm free on Friday 3-5ish before I'll have to head to the airport. Is there a jewelry district in Montreal we can wander around?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Friday at 3PM it is, then!
5.gif

There''s a "bridal alley" on St.Hubert street, but not a lot of quality stuff (ya know, frozen spit "commercial quality" junk) as far as jewellery goes... If you''re up for a bit of walking, there''s Birks (think Tiffany, I could spend hours there...) we could visit on Phillips Square, then Le Parchemin on Ste.Catherine street less than half a mile from there. I know some other nice places (like my jeweller), but they''re kind of far from there.

What do you think?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm.. OK, so how about we meet at Birks in Philips Sq, have some good ol' fashion PS bling fun, and then are there some nice chi-chi boutique-y shops around there or something? To just wander around in? I wouldn't mind doing some shopping! Or a nice cafe or something?

The other thing about meeting at Birks is that then, if something comes up at the last minute (heaven forbid!) we can call the store to leave a message for the other one. You could say "Tell Indy I can't make it!" and I could say "Tell Anchor I can't make it!" The wonderful thing about multiculturalism is surely that they wouldn't blink at our funny names.
3.gif

I'll recognize you from your pic, right? And maybe we can migrate toward the wedding band section for good measure. I'm on the tiny side with long curly brown hair. Oh, and I'm sure we'll recognize each other's bling if worse comes to worse.
31.gif

Shall we call it 3:15 to be on the safe side? Friday 7th at Birks.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t know what a "chi-chi boutique-y shop" is, but I''m sure we can find something to do or someplace to go around there. There''s the Eaton Center if we want to shop...

I''m pretty sure you could recognize me from my avatar... If you don''t maybe you''ll recognize my ring!
28.gif
Otherwise I''ll be in the wedding bands section.

ring6avatar.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how it''s going to be next week, but we''ve been having some cold weather lately (today is a crisp 19F). We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground and we might get some more in the next few days (
9.gif
<= loves snow). I didn''t know if it''s cold or you have snow where you are now, so I wanted to give you a heads up!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Alright, I''ll be sure to wear my big fluffy down coat then and a nice warm hat. I hope there''s snow! I love snow too.

"Chi-chi" just means fancy. I think? I think it''s a close relative of ''frou-frou''.

I''ll certainly recognize your e-ring and almost certianly recognize you too.

OK 3:15, Birks, a week from tomorrow (Friday). See you then!

I''ll bring my digital camera so we can take some handshots of the Birks bling for our PS buddies.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The camera is a great idea. Next Friday, then! Can''t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results