carat
color
clarity

Calling iLander: Reddish Stone

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander,
I was browsing ACS when I saw this and I thought of you right away for several reasons:
1. The colour is quite red for a spessartite
2. It is a round stone
3. It is already set and very inexpensive at $175 for the entire ring
4. I know it is probably a little small at 6.5 mm but it is very close to your 7 mm requirement
http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=3275

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good catch!

mz

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chrono!

Thanks for thinking of me, that really does look like a gumball ring!
36.gif

I looked at it like 5 times on his site (I think we''re all site lurkers ) and didn''t really "see" it.

I will ask Barry to send me a picture of a side view, since I was thinking of a high up solitaire. I can''t really tell what''s going on with the picture. And I''ll ask him about how dark he means when he says medium to medium-dark.

I''ve been trying to get him to get some hot pink spinel rough ( can you IMAGINE
30.gif
how great one of those stones would look in his cutting style?) but his sources don''t have it. I think Pala ate them all and quadrupled the price.

THANK YOU, that was very nice of you.

1.gif

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Update: I pulled a picture of the ring into a graphics program and sized it exactly to it''s actual size. Then I printed it out and "tried it on".

Probably stupid, but this makes it easier for me to visualize scale.

It''s just a tad bit too small. Sigh. . . And I really love Barry''s stuff.

BUT, I have another stone in a bright gaudy color that is actually an oval (I know, I veered off course, but it''s really purdy) heading this way.

I''ll post IRL pics when it gets here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results